Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The 'economy' doesn't qualify commerce according to good or bad. It's morally neutral. Money earned in the drug trade is just as 'green' as from any other economic activity.

But we are not morally neutral. At least I'm not. Are you suggesting that we should destroy the environment and provoke war because it is good for the economy?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes. Perhaps we should. Clinton at least has a platform to make college education more accessible by providing more scholarships for 2 year programs. What's Trump's platform? What's his plan?

He doesn't have one, because we know his supporters have no interest in education.

Well then, let's elect Hillary. :D

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
By the time the money reaches the lower income workers there's not much left, but still it's a 'trickle' (it took me many years to get off of page one of the tax tables).

Fantastic! Great economic plan you have going there.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But we are not morally neutral. At least I'm not. Are you suggesting that we should destroy the environment and provoke war because it is good for the economy?

Not at all. I would like us to solve these problems and move on. But it seems that we are moving on without solving these problems. Not good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. I would like us to solve these problems and move on. But it seems that we are moving on without solving these problems. Not good.

You want to solve the environment, and war before we deal with the economy?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know how it's working for you, but it's working out for me.

I make (most of) my own decisions, and I can't complain either. Who better than me to manage my own life.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It's just another inconvenient fact of life I'm afraid.

No! Are you not even paying attention.

The only real problem with trickle down theory is that it is incomplete by itself. It needs other economic theories to make it work. We need to rethink it. It's not simply a matter of take it or leave it.

Bringing in more low-paying jobs will just make things worse.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I make (most of) my own decisions, and I can't complain either. Who better than me to manage my own life.

You can't complain? I think you can. I have several posts where you've complained about one thing or another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You want to solve the environment, and war before we deal with the economy?

I meant solve problems that can and should be solved before spending money on outer space and other such projects, many of which are created as a justification for a degree in that field of study. Like my city constructing flower beds in the middle of residential intersections in order to justify the hiring of landscape architects and keeping them busy (much to the chagrin of our snow plow drivers).

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No! Are you not even paying attention.

The only real problem with trickle down theory is that it is incomplete by itself. It needs other economic theories to make it work. We need to rethink it. It's not simply a matter of take it or leave it.

Bringing in more low-paying jobs will just make things worse.

Of course 'trickle down' is a simplistic term. There are eddies, backwaters, waterfalls, floods, stagnant pools, marshes and swamps associated with it as well. Water rarely flows in a straight course but takes many twists and turns, some being lost along the way as well.

I'm not advocating bringing in more low paid workers.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I meant solve problems that can and should be solved before spending money on outer space and other such projects, many of which are created as a justification for a degree in that field of study. Like my city constructing flower beds in the middle of residential intersections in order to justify the hiring of landscape architects and keeping them busy (much to the chagrin of our snow plow drivers).

What do you think we can spend money on to solve the problems concerning the environment and war?

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Of course 'trickle down' is a simplistic term. There are eddies, backwaters, waterfalls, floods, stagnant pools, marshes and swamps associated with it as well. Water rarely flows in a straight course but takes many twists and turns, some being lost along the way as well.

I'm not advocating bringing in more low paid workers.

You're advocating bringing in more low-paying jobs, which yields low-paid workers.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can't complain? I think you can. I have several posts where you've complained about one thing or another.

I often complain on behalf of others, and my sense of injustice and the outright stupidity around me. Personally I feel pretty good about my own life, all things considered.

Upvote 0