United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
.......change the laws.

He too has profits stashed in foreign banks, for the same reason other companies do; unreasonably high taxes here at home.

One reason why many smaller businesses, the ones Clinton wants to support, grow into 'big' businesses is because they refuse to pay the confiscatory corporate profits tax and instead use the money for business expansion.

Of course this expansion generates more business activity, which can actually provide more taxes from the downstream economic activity.

Another mistake Clinton made was to denounce 'trickle down' economics, which revealed once again that she doesn't understand capitalism. Most economic activity starts at the top, with capital formation.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
.......change the laws.

He too has profits stashed in foreign banks, for the same reason other companies do; unreasonably high taxes here at home.

One reason why many smaller businesses, the ones Clinton wants to support, grow into 'big' businesses is because they refuse to pay the confiscatory corporate profits tax and instead use the money for business expansion.

Of course this expansion generates more business activity, which can actually provide more taxes from the downstream economic activity.

Another mistake Clinton made was to denounce 'trickle down' economics, which revealed once again that she doesn't understand capitalism. Most economic activity starts at the top, with capital formation.
The high taxes are also causing people ( among other reasons) to actually RENOURCE their citizenship that says something.

• Informative
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Another mistake Clinton made was to denounce 'trickle down' economics

Why so? Economists denounce it as well. Yes, I know -- what do the experts know? Other than a great deal about economics.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why so? Economists denounce it as well. Yes, I know -- what do the experts know? Other than a great deal about economics.

That's not possible.
It's a political term, not an economic one.

• Agree
Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's not possible.
It's a political term, not an economic one.

But you're fully aware of the economic term she was referring to, correct? Or did the different name completely throw you for a loop?

Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Come on, you are introducing facts regarding a post-truth candidate. As far as his base is concerned if Trump says it, it must be correct, no matter how much evidence to the contrary. Education and knowledge and knowing about stuff is elitist

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The high taxes are also causing people ( among other reasons) to actually RENOURCE their citizenship that says something.

What high taxes? Compared to the 50's the rich are getting a heck of a deal, even if their taxes are raised again.

Honestly, if the rich would spread their money around instead of hording it, either through taxes, big projects or social giving, the economy would be better off. Who needs that much money?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

"Expert", definition:

"Ex"- A has-been.
"Spert"- A drip under pressure.

^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

"If you laid all the economists end to end they still wouldn't reach a conclusion." ^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What high taxes? Compared to the 50's the rich are getting a heck of a deal, even if their taxes are raised again.

Honestly, if the rich would spread their money around instead of hording it, either through taxes, big projects or social giving, the economy would be better off. Who needs that much money?
The taxes as it relates to not living here, but yet being a citizen and having to pay income tax; even though you are neither spending money here nor are you using services provided through taxes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Judging by the condition of our economy, not much. Of course economists aren't in charge of the economy are they, so they are relegated to the sidelines.

Money is like blood. The proper volume must circulate within a closed system in order for that system to work properly. Economists don't understand this. They think the patient (the economy) can do just fine while hemorrhaging $800Billion each year to the parasitic global economy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"Expert", definition:
"Ex"- A has-been.
"Spert"- A drip under pressure.
That's so old it has whiskers. Dis arm today dat arm tomorrow.

Ignorance is costing the US more money than anything else and religion is not a friend of the US.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's so old it has whiskers. Dis arm today dat arm tomorrow.

Ignorance is costing the US more money than anything else and religion is not a friend of the US.

The two things hurting our economy the most is cheap foreign labor, and loss of capital to the global economy.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The two things hurting our economy the most is cheap foreign labor, and loss of capital to the global economy.

And not paying the American worker what they are worth. I have seen to many stories of IT departments being replaced with cheep H1B contractors. Until companies stop being one quarter or one month numbers greedy, the resentment between the rich and the rest of us will grow.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The taxes as it relates to not living here, but yet being a citizen and having to pay income tax; even though you are neither spending money here nor are you using services provided through taxes.

If they are not living here, why are they getting money from companies in the US? They just want to not pay taxes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The two things hurting our economy the most is cheap foreign labor, ...

No it's not. Uneducated labour is almost worthless today, hence the ultra low wages being paid in foreign countries. Soon those jobs will be done robots, and uneducated labour will be an uneducated drag on the economy. Time to smarten up the populace, not dumb it down to the lowest common denominator and have Americans working for $3.00/day.

Granted, this is probably Trump's dream scenario, I imagine this might even inspire him to start paying his bills instead of ripping people off.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PeachyKeane
Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"If you laid all the economists end to end they still wouldn't reach a conclusion." ^_^^_^^_^
Krugman-Gilligan.jpg

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
No it's not. Uneducated labour is almost worthless today, hence the ultra low wages being paid in foreign countries. Soon those jobs will be done robots, and uneducated labour will be an uneducated drag on the economy. Time to smarten up the populace, not dumb it down to the lowest common denominator and have Americans working for $3.00/day.

Granted, this is probably Trump's dream scenario, I imagine this might even inspire him to start paying his bills instead of ripping people off.

The demand for more minimum wage, low-skill jobs will not help us. We have enough minimum wage jobs, we need high paying jobs, and that demands skill. On top of that, moving these jobs over here will only drive up the cost of living and lead to inflation.

• Agree
Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

So you don't think the flood of cheap foreign workers is hurting the economy? Curious. :scratch:

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
So you don't think the flood of cheap foreign workers is hurting the economy? Curious. :scratch:
Apparently you didn't actually read what I posted. Or did you intentionally create a strawman? You're certainly not addressing the point I made, I never talked about "the flood of cheap foreign workers", or anything like it. So go back, read my post again, and see if you can come up with something meaningful in regard to what I actually posted. Thanks.

Upvote 0