Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The abortion rate has increased since Roe was overturned. One wonders if that was the intended effect.
You must have gotten your numbers from Planned Parenthood too or some affiliate of theirs. Sorry, I don't believe you.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You must have gotten your numbers from Planned Parenthood too or some affiliate of theirs. Sorry, I don't believe you.
I believe that chart like I believe in the tooth fairy.

Well, as long as you feel like you know what the facts are, that's what's important.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, as long as you feel like you know what the facts are, that's what's important.

Some people struggle with understanding any complex concepts, like the difference between abortion being illegal in a particular state, and the total number of abortions increasing.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It did work. There has been a reduction in abortions over the past 40 years. It was cut in half over that period.

View attachment 336917
Here are some better statistics for people to follow:

How has the number of abortions in the U.S. changed over the years?

A line graph showing the changing number of legal abortions in the U.S. since the 1970s. The annual number of U.S. abortions rose for years after Roe v. Wade, reaching its highest levels around the late 1980s and early 1990s. Since then, abortions have generally decreased at what a CDC analysis called “a slow yet steady pace.”
The annual number of U.S. abortions rose for years after Roe v. Wade legalized the procedure in 1973, reaching its highest levels around the late 1980s and early 1990s, according to both the CDC and Guttmacher. Since then, abortions have generally decreased at what a CDC analysis called “a slow yet steady pace.”

Guttmacher recorded more than 1.5 million abortions in the U.S. in 1991, about two-thirds more than the 930,160 it reported for 2020. The CDC reported just over 1 million abortions in 1991 and 620,327 in 2020, looking at just the District of Columbia and the 47 states that reported figures in both years. (This line graph shows the long-term trend in the number of legal abortions reported by both organizations. To allow for consistent comparisons over time, the CDC figures in the chart have been adjusted to ensure that the same states are counted from one year to the next. Using that approach, the CDC figure for 2020 is 615,911 legal abortions.)

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Some people struggle with understanding any complex concepts, like the difference between abortion being illegal in a particular state, and the total number of abortions increasing.
Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for your Christian support. Now I can see why some denominations are fading into oblivion - they teach the opposite of what Jesus Christ taught the people. God bless.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for your Christian support. Now I can see why some denominations are fading into oblivion - they teach the opposite of what Jesus Christ taught the people. God bless.
I'm glad we now both agree the general trend has been that abortions have been decreasing in number over the past 30+ years.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Jesus didn't say anything about abortion.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad we now both agree the general trend has been that abortions have been decreasing in number over the past 30+ years.
If those 620,000+ murdered (that's approximately where the rate has fallen to in 2022) were 1 year or older, somebody would be facing atrocities against humanity for killing all those people. But since nobody can "technically see" these people (the unborn), no harm done, right?

Anyway, Trumps jab at DeSantis really just goes to show everyone (most importantly liberals) that those who primarily voted for Trump in 2016 and who still cling to his coattips for 2024 were never really as faithful to God as they claimed they were. They were just another group of angry Americans who want their voices to drown out what is just and right for our country.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If those 620,000+ murdered (that's approximately where the rate has fallen to in 2022) were 1 year or older, somebody would be facing atrocities against humanity for killing all those people. But since nobody can "technically see" these people (the unborn), no harm done, right?

Anyway, Trumps jab at DeSantis really just goes to show everyone (most importantly liberals) that those who primarily voted for Trump in 2016 and who still cling to his coattips for 2024 were never really as faithful to God as they claimed they were. They were just another group of angry Americans who want their voices to drown out what is just and right for our country.
Remind me which of the states that has outlawed abortion has added it to their murder statutes and are prosecuting it as such?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Article from Yahoo News

[...]

Donald Trump is walking back his only worthwhile domestic accomplishment.

While I don't think kicking back to the states is Trump's only worthwhile accomplishment (as it's technically not his accomplishment) I do think it's ridiculous that he's walking this far back from his position in 2016..

I simply won't be voting for Trump this go around .. there's nothing positive to be had out of another Trump term.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums