loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump has now admitted he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation
Many Republicans — from White House staffers to members of Congress to conservative pundits — have been insisting for two days now, despite widespread reports, that President Donald Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey had nothing to do with Comey’s investigation into Russian interference with the 2016 election.

Now, in an interview with NBC’s Lester Holt, Trump has admitted it did.
tulc(is shocked!) :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: seashale76

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
He said he was going to fire him regardless. but it was because he already had plenty of reason. I heard about this on Talk Radio yesterday.

Not a Trump Supporter, but no need to spread Fake News now is there?

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
He said he was going to fire him regardless. but it was because he already had plenty of reason. I heard about this on Talk Radio yesterday.

Fake is all they know.

Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There is no proof, nor has there ever been (or will ever be) that Trump colluded with the Russians on the election. That is a contrived story by butt hurt democrats because he actually won the election. To them there has to be a reason other than that he was elected fair and square.

Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay, where in that interview did he say he fired him because of the Russia investigation? He actually said he was in agreement with the investigation and that it should have happened more quickly and that it should have already been over.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,059.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is no proof, nor has there ever been (or will ever be) that Trump colluded with the Russians on the election. That is a contrived story by butt hurt democrats because he actually won the election. To them there has to be a reason other than that he was elected fair and square.
Well, colluded means secret or illegal so he may not have done that but he certainly did overtly ask Russia to interfere. That is on camera.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fake News from the Left I think.

As much as the Democrats cry over the firing the truth is a new Director of the FBI will probably be reopening the Clinton probe. Now there's a REAL Russian connection there. And let's not forget those emails and many, many laws broken.

Restore faith in our system
and
Make America Great Again.

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, colluded means secret or illegal so he may not have done that but he certainly did overtly ask Russia to interfere. That is on camera.

By overtly do you mean encouraging Assange of Wikileaks to release Hillary's campaign managers emails?
There were several times he quoted some the things contained in those email or talked about them but I do not remember him actually encouraging it even though it was helping his side.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That's just what they keep doing (fake news) and they are so blind that they don't even see that it's not working.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Grandpa2390
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Trump / Russia election thing is fake news. That is all the liberal media has been talking about and there is not one shred of proof. There's no story. It's a fabrication. And it's ridiculous. If Trump were so "in bed" with the Russians then why would be bomb Syria (Russia's Ally)? I know for a fact that the Russians were not happy about that. That's not a nice way to act toward someone who supposedly helped you get into office.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,059.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
By overtly do you mean encouraging Assange of Wikileaks to release Hillary's campaign managers emails?
There were several times he quoted some the things contained in those email or talked about them but I do not remember him actually encouraging it even though it was helping his side.
Trump said, “I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

He didn't ask WikiLeaks, he asked Russia. Now, is it illegal to ask a foreign government to hack into an Americans email account? That is up to the DOJ, who is investigating what Russia did or didn't do, but if Russia took this as permission from Trump to help him defeat Clinton then it seems like collusion.

Former CIA Director, Leon Panetta, said this, “I find those kinds of statements to be totally outrageous because you’ve got now a presidential candidate who is, in fact, asking the Russians to engage in American politics, I just think that’s beyond the pale.”

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,059.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Meanwhile the Left spins their gears with one cog broken. An Equipment Tech knows how well this works.
M-Bob
The left isn't the only ones involved in this. The entire leadership of the intelligence community of the US all confirm that Russia illegally was involved in disrupting the election and have pledged to continue investigating the matter. How much Trump was or wasn't involved has not been disclosed and probably won't until the investigation is closed.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Trump / Russia election thing is fake news. That is all the liberal media has been talking about and there is not one shred of proof. There's no story. It's a fabrication. And it's ridiculous. If Trump were so "in bed" with the Russians then why would be bomb Syria (Russia's Ally)? I know for a fact that the Russians were not happy about that. That's not a nice way to act toward someone who supposedly helped you get into office.
Trump actually let the Russians know about the strikes before the missiles flew. Russia did interfere in our election, or maybe you think a bipartisan effort to expel the Russian diplomats was political grandstanding.

Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Fake News from the Left I think.

As much as the Democrats cry over the firing the truth is a new Director of the FBI will probably be reopening the Clinton probe. Now there's a REAL Russian connection there. And let's not forget those emails and many, many laws broken.

Restore faith in our system
and
Make America Great Again.

M-Bob
The probe has not even been shut down, from anything I heard. It is not Comey's probe, but an FBI probe. The FBI is still there, still investigating.

So far the only illegal activity that is definite is the illegal leaking of classified information, such as the unmasking of people in the Trump camp.

This is clearly illegal. Americans have a right to demand that this be a central part of the investigation, as this is a clear abuse of American civil rights, and the apparatus of government.

Foreign citizens do not have rights to not be secretly investigated by government, but American citizens do, including people who are Republicans and/or in Trump's camp.

If Trump does not have those civil rights, then no American does.

For all that the left decries Trump as fascist, the Gestapo tactics preceded his entry into political office.

This illegal leaking of information from government officials is anti-american activity of the highest order, and it needs to be investigated most of all.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump said, “I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

He didn't ask WikiLeaks, he asked Russia. Now, is it illegal to ask a foreign government to hack into an Americans email account? That is up to the DOJ, who is investigating what Russia did or didn't do, but if Russia took this as permission from Trump to help him defeat Clinton then it seems like collusion.

Former CIA Director, Leon Panetta, said this, “I find those kinds of statements to be totally outrageous because you’ve got now a presidential candidate who is, in fact, asking the Russians to engage in American politics, I just think that’s beyond the pale.”

Oh my golly we all are getting too uptight here in the US. It was only a Trump joke. If he was going to ask the Russians to do anything, he sure wouldn't ask on TV!
M-Bob

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh my golly we all are getting too uptight here in the US. It was only a Trump joke. If he was going to ask the Russians to do anything, he sure wouldn't ask on TV!
M-Bob
In a country where a minority of voters got a reality tv show host elected President maybe we could use a little more up-tightness? :scratch:
tulc(just a thought) :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I guess it worked out pretty good for him. Making that statement in public is called exasperation at a broken system that let's crooked Hillary go free after conclusively discovering that she broke the law in using her closet home brew email server for both personal and government email. They did find both confidential and some top secret info in those emails. Comey himself said she broke the law, but then said there was no malicious intent. Before that she deems a certain percentage of it personal and not pertaining to any government business and then deleted it. So I am sure there was nothing damning or conspiratorial in any of those emails.... Right...

These are the reasons that Trump won. His supporters don't care about the fake Russian story that there is no evidence of. If all you have is that one public statement then you better go back to the drawing board. Top intelligence officials (most likely Obama kronies) say there was Russian interference but don't provide the nuts and bolts of it and what they did. I know they didn't hack into the voting system itself and change the votes, so what was this interference? Media related? I think Obama and Hillary had enough bad press without Russia's help. I could go on but it would take way too long to delineate all the repugnant and horrendous things that Obama and Hillary did. Especially Obama.

Upvote 0