Trump Challenge: What has Trump done right?

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Quite a few things, starting with killing TPP his first day in office to his withdrawal from Syria which is currently underway.

It's not that the media goes out of its way to be negative towards Trump. It's just that he's awful, all of the time, and they simply report on that.

Saying he's "awful" is an opinion. I guess that's the point - the press in the Trump era does nothing but editorialize.

Seeing that he publicly stated that he was 'very pro-choice', coupled with his sexually immoral lifestyle, I'm not confident that his stated position has changed for any reason other than it was politically expedient for him to do so.

Does it really matter why he changed his position?

Would you like to re-read that sentence? The PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES "trolled" someone and you think it shows that the people who were TROLLED BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES are somehow the bad people?

They are indeed very bad people, which is why they needed to be trolled.

Think about that. The PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES should never be a troll. Unless you value trolls.

I do value trolls.

If wanted that, why don't we just dissolve the government and turn it over to 4Chan?

I'd take that over what we have now...

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Surely he isn't awful "all of the time". Can you not think of one good thing about the man?
I can: he's finally shown the rest of America what most of us have known about quite a few members of "the Christian Right" in America for a very long time. That's nice. :wave:
tulc(did he win something for posting a positive about President Trump?) :scratch:

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟144,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Quite a few things, starting with killing TPP...

Please inform us why TPP was a “bad deal” for the US.
I thought that a consortium of trader-nations banding together to rein in China a “good thing”!?

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And that's an editorial that has gained mythological status among Trump supporters. More importantly the "study" was from the Media Research Center which is one of Brent Bozell's political organs whose mission is, "expose and neutralize the propaganda arm of the Left: the national news media."

That study is not to be taken seriously by critical thinkers.
So 92% should not be taken seriously because of the source, but rather we should accept the consensus found on this thread that 90% has been negative coverage of the president? First, I don't see how this is relevant to the topic. The challenge is basically in regards to Trump, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all. If you cannot live up to the challenge then you may want to focus your attention to the hundreds of other Trump bashing threads. Second, 92% vs 90% is hardly a significant difference to warrant the article not being taken seriously.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nope....I was asked if I could say one good thing about “the man”. There is nothing I can find redeeming about Donald Trump as a man....
Well, then have fun bashing Trump on one of the many other treads in this forum dedicated to bashing Trump. Unfortunately, in this thread if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. ;)

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
@Kaon I really don't understand what was funny about this post.

Everything about it is ludicrous - not in a stupid way, but in the way that one completely misses the point of one's own exploitation. It is very seductive to see Trump as the champion of the people, and one who is cleaning house. But, that is a trap.

Politics is about exploiting humans for votes, connections and money - let's call it what it is. If you know that much, then you also know that despite the song and dance performed for us civilians, politicians are just playing a game with our lives. Hillary and Trump, for example, are "friends"/associates; the farce about locking her up was for our entertainment and vote.

So, when I see the polarity and duality of the LEFT-RIGHT paradigm, I have had to laugh to keep from crying and pulling my own hair out. We are being used against each other, and all we do is willing obey. Every generation, humanity will be a disappointment unless they stop letting other humans willingly control their lives.

Even more irony: that Americans will scoff and deride people of nations with "cruel and evil" dictators while they behave the same way! It is human behavior at a degenerate level being exploited for profit - but somehow after thousands of years of political scandals, oppression and subjugation, we think this "sided" paradigm is the one despite all the same warning signs. It is tiring to see. So, instead of writing a thesis, I laughed.

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
They are indeed very bad people, which is why they needed to be trolled.

I do value trolls.

I'd take that over what we have now...

OK, then! I see the kind of America you want!

Oh well, that's fine. Don't worry. Every time YOU vote...I WILL VOTE. And yes, I will render your vote null and void.

This is fun!

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
With over 97% of the Trump coverage by the media being negative, I am curious if there is anything that you think he has done right. I will start by saying that my tax return this year is YUUGGE! Thanks to Trump's tax reform.

Not a single thing he's directly done has been right. That's not a joke; he's a screw-up not only as "president" but as a human being and a father.

Indirectly, though, President Camacho has given most American a newfound interest in good governance - specifically, the Constitutional edge cases that have allowed him to get away with stuff because "well, nobody's ever tried that before". This utter failure of a "president" has awakened many Americans out of their apathy (at least temporarily) and to get involved. That's a very good thing and I hope it lasts long after Donny's stench is long gone.

One of the best weapons we can have against malevolently incompetent people like Donny is vigilance.

It occurs to me that this will be dismissed/spun as "partisanship". If you were around ~10 years ago (I've been here, off and on, since 2006, believe it or not) you would know that I'm....not a fan of Dubya. But with Dubya, I never got the sense that he was a self-serving nihilist like the current occupant. I hated the Patriot Act, I hated the unnecessary Iraq War II, I loathed "you're either with us or with the terr'rists", but here's the thing: with at least most of those, I had the sense that Dubya was trying to do what was right for this country.

His speech in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 was fantastic (only to be ruined by neocon saber-rattling). I think that Dubya tried to do good things in Africa, even if those were undermined either by racism or bad intentions (I honestly don't even remember at this point). I can say good things about Dubya despite being glad that he's gone. I can't say that about Donny. He's a nothing; a completely cheap, self-serving hood who has coasted his entire life on this made up idea of being a "good businessman".
Ringo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, then have fun bashing Trump on one of the many other treads in this forum dedicated to bashing Trump. Unfortunately, in this thread if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. ;)

Actually that's not your call to make since you're not on CF staff.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Please inform us why TPP was a “bad deal” for the US.

It would have destroyed what was left of the US industrial base and the US would have lost sovereignty over much of its own economy. Besides, Trump has done a far better job of reining in China on his own with tariffs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Not a single thing he's directly done has been right. That's not a joke; he's a screw-up not only as "president" but as a human being and a father.

See that's the thing. You don't like what he's been doing as President, but why do you always have to make it personal?

Actually that's not your call to make since you're not on CF staff.

He is the OP, which means he can close the thread.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
See that's the thing. You don't like what he's been doing as President, but why do you always have to make it personal?

I can't think of a single likeable or redeeming quality that he has, personal life included. As much as I disagreed quite strongly with Dubya's politics, I could tell that he had a loving family and seemed to have an honest faith. Dubya was likeable even if you didn't want to like him. Donny isn't.

Not only that, but for a supporter to whine that a critic of Donny "makes it personal" is rich considering that he regularly goes below the belt with nearly every attack he launches. As we have clearly seen in the last five or so years, he dishes it out, but he can't take it.
Ringo

• Winner
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟911,810.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It would have destroyed what was left of the US industrial base and the US would have lost sovereignty over much of its own economy. Besides, Trump has done a far better job of reining in China on his own with tariffs.

Wow! A single treaty that manages to both destroy our industrial base and hand over our economic sovereignty? That does not sound plausible.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Seeing that he publicly stated that he was 'very pro-choice', coupled with his sexually immoral lifestyle, I'm not confident that his stated position has changed for any reason other than it was politically expedient for him to do so.

And given his record of extramarital misadventures and his proclivity for handing out hush money, there's no way to be sure he hasn't paid off a mistress to get a certain problem "taken care of."

• Agree
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OK, then! I see the kind of America you want!

Oh well, that's fine. Don't worry. Every time YOU vote...I WILL VOTE. And yes, I will render your vote null and void.

This is fun!
But how then will you nullify my vote. ;)

dr evil.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can't think of a single likeable or redeeming quality that he has, personal life included. As much as I disagreed quite strongly with Dubya's politics, I could tell that he had a loving family and seemed to have an honest faith. Dubya was likeable even if you didn't want to like him. Donny isn't.

Not only that, but for a supporter to whine that a critic of Donny "makes it personal" is rich considering that he regularly goes below the belt with nearly every attack he launches. As we have clearly seen in the last five or so years, he dishes it out, but he can't take it.
Ringo
So you are saying that you failed the Trump Challenge of this thread. Thank you for trying to play. Feel free to focus your attention one one of the hundreds of other threads dedicated to bashing Trump. :)

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow! A single treaty that manages to both destroy our industrial base and hand over our economic sovereignty? That does not sound plausible.
Off topic. If you cannot hold up to the challenge of the thread, you may focus your attention to one of the many other threads.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You were asking us about President Camacho's accomplishments, and Belk is answering you. If you are unwilling to discuss that, then maybe you should find another thread.
Ringo

Reactions: GlabrousDory4
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,112,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0