Trump Challenge: What has Trump done right?

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
With over 97% of the Trump coverage by the media being negative, I am curious if there is anything that you think he has done right. I will start by saying that my tax return this year is YUUGGE! Thanks to Trump's tax reform.

Edit: Just to clarify, this is a discussion, not a debate. The intent is to see if we can focus on the positive, not rehash the same old negative content. Thus the rules are simple, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. All negative comments and attempts to drive this thread into another Trump bashing venue will be considered off topic.

Last edited:

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,344.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
With over 97% of the Trump coverage by the media being negative, I am curious if there is anything that you think he has done right. I will start by saying that my tax return this year is YUUGGE! Thanks to Trump's tax reform.
In the spirit of the thread...

I think his reaction towards the venezuela situation has been right.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump didn't do the tax cut, he just signed it. I'm glad you got a good return but the only reason it happened was because supporters told the GOP you either do it or don't call us again. Just basically from enforcing the laws on the books Trump has managed to get illegal immigration to an historic low, and that's without a wall. Trump has gotten much more Presidential, I knew we wouldn't see his best work early. I think he is going to leave his mark and he is a warning that there are people in the GOP that have been ignored too long. He is a Demagogue, but there are reasons we have them. I still think he is a brick through the window, with a warning, if you continue to fail to listen to the base Trump will seem like a splinter compared to the log jam that is being built up. Republicans and Democrats alike, should take note.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's not that the media goes out of its way to be negative towards Trump. It's just that he's awful, all of the time, and they simply report on that.
Surely he isn't awful "all of the time". Can you not think of one good thing about the man?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that is a good observation, especially after his SOTU speech.
I've always hated the state of the union address, he did fine, but they always do. It rarely reflects policy and reality but it's a nice pep rally for politicians. Trump has become more articulate, he has come a long way from his nearly meaningless agenda early. What he does in the next twelve months is going to be crucial, being more Presidential isn't going to get him reelected. It will come down to that wall and that door is slowly closing, I wish him luck.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've always hated the state of the union address, he did fine, but they always do. It rarely reflects policy and reality but it's a nice pep rally for politicians. Trump has become more articulate, he has come a long way from his nearly meaningless agenda early. What he does in the next twelve months is going to be crucial, being more Presidential isn't going to get him reelected. It will come down to that wall and that door is slowly closing, I wish him luck.
Double Post

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree. I think "pep rally" is a good description for the SOTU. I find it comical that the days after the SOTU the media is all about "who was sitting when the president said ____?" I think Trump seems to stay out of trouble when he sticks to the script of his teleprompter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,344.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
How so? Can you explain?
I think that immediately positioning himself behind Guando brought great legitimacy and power to his movement and made Maduro think twice about just going in with the military. Many other countries followed the example of the US (a thing that used to be nothing extraordinary).

Now, should the USA actually go into Venezuela with its military without any provocation, that would be catastrophic and I would have to recind my praise.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

He is a quintessential political capitalist. He has nearly perfected the ability to exploit his base while at the same time create a psychology that feeds his status quo - namely, the "fake news" psychology.

I don't think the argument was ever that Trump was stupid; it was about his demagoguery.

EDIT: How is this something he has done that is right? If you find a fool, bump his/her head. Politics is about exploitation; Trump exploits his base and opponents famously.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He is a quintessential political capitalist. He has nearly perfected the ability to exploit his base while at the same time create a psychology that feeds his status quo - namely, the "fake news" psychology.

I don't think the argument was ever that Trump was stupid; it was about his demagoguery.

EDIT: How is this something he has done that is right? If you find a fool, bump his/her head. Politics is about exploitation; Trump exploits his base and opponents famously.
Just so I understand your post correctly, you are saying that Trump is a brilliant politician? (Understanding that you painted politicians in a negative light.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 4, 2006
✟95,047.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Surely he isn't awful "all of the time". Can you not think of one good thing about the man?
I don't particularly feel the need to. Donald Trump is, quite simply, a bad man, unsuitable to be President, or indeed anywhere except in jail.
Saying he's "awful all of the time" is perfectly appropriate use of hyperbole, and I don't feel it necessary to qualify it by finding instances where he may have had a human moment or said something nice to someone.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Well, mine hasn't; but that's another matter.

On a very positive note, Donald has inspired a lot of people (some of them not Russian) to get involved in American politics who normally would not... both as voters and activists, and as candidates who perhaps wouldn't have had the confidence had he not illustrated that quite literally anyone can succeed in politics.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
America is at full employment, including all those with jobs for all those who loathe Trump. Cutting through all the red tape was Trump’s main contribution to that state of affairs.
He appointed good judges and stopped the SCOTUS from being just another leftist tool.
He did not get his wall, but Democrats have been exposed as not caring about Dreamers in the process, and Republicans have been exposed as being in bed with Democrats in wanting a large pool of cheap labour without any rights of citizenship in the process too. Now everybody knows why border security is a sieve. It serves the purpose of the elites who benefit from cheap, cheap labour in their homes, farms and chicken factories.
And the Deep State that includes corruption at the highest levels of the FBI has been exposed as a real thing as people went to stupid lengths to smear the man.
Nobody is ever going to make the case that the MSM is anything but a tool in the Democratic parties arsenal any more. Trump trolled them into exposing themselves for the partisan hacks they have always been,and a derisive laugh will be sufficient argument from now on against anyone who pretends otherwise. That is a good thing to have exposed.
And as bad and as immoral as everyone agrees Trump is, including Trump, his moral imbecility does not rise to the level of not knowing whether or not it is wrong to kill your kid. He uses the bully pulpit of the presidency to speak for the least of our unborn brothers and sisters consistently.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0