Feb 21, 2012
✟437,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That is one of them. (DC/Jan 6th/Federal)

Ok.

The case mentioned in post #38 is the false business records case (Manhattan/2016-17/State)

Right, I addressed that, feel free to take a peek.

Additionally are the classified documents case (Florida/2021-22/Federal)

I don't know what they're going to do with that.

It seems like they may not finish the trial intended to start in May, since a new defendant is added. Furthermore, they're hoping to hear from Hur that Biden is in the clear....but house Republicans are intimating they have reason to believe Biden had been sending employees to move docs out of the Penn office since almost a year earlier.

Whatever Joe does with Trump could easily be his undoing post election.

Perhaps Hur can't prove that Biden knew he had docs, but him sending two different attorneys seems to be a rather clear indication he did.

and the multi-defendant Georgia conspiracy case (Fulton Co./2020 election/State)

Honestly, I don't know what this mess of a case is. If they have something....some sort of recorded or digital communication between Trump and the people involved in this effort, and I'm assuming they do since it was one of several but so far the only one being prosecuted....this is the most likely to show him guilty of something.

In regards to your question....

The first charges as described in the link I provided go over much easier with an incitement charge. The first one is a bit weird, and requires Trump knowingly spreading falsehoods, so it's a tough one unless there exists evidence of the knowledge (not merely people disagreeing with him and telling him there's no fraud) and what makes it worse is the whistleblower from the CIA/FBI cut-out explaining that they definitely were running election interference on behalf of Biden. I haven't watched the whole testimony yet.

The second charge is much similar but was a typical feature of protests....including the one held at Trump's inauguration. I'm not sure how you would charge the president with anything to the effect of obstruction without him giving orders for obstruction. This is where I think incitement helps out the case. If they show he incited a riot for that purpose...they have something to get around any free speech arguments.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not really. We're talking about evidence of a serious crime here. The biggest thing they got was polling data. That's what information was shared....polling data. That's the extent of potential communications.
Hey, quit moving the goalposts, dude! First, you said there was a "lack of evidence", and when I showed there was evidence, now you're saying there's no evidence "of a serious crime".

Make up your mind.

The fraud case looks terrible. It alone looks like persecution.
To you, and other Trump sycop...er, supporters, perhaps. To me, it looks like a criminal is finally getting justice. Well, as much justice as a rich man who can afford to delay, delay, delay gets in this country, anyway.

If I can find a 200 million dollar mansion 1.5 miles down the street from Mar a Lago and it's 1/4 the size, sitting on 2.5 acres...then the idea that Mar A Lago was (I forget the silly number) 28$ million? It's too dumb to be serious. They know this judgement will be thrown out on appeal. They're trying to cost him money with frivolous lawsuits....and it's disgusting.
You forget, as Trump seems often to, that Trump took an easement on the property a while back, stating: "the Club and Trump intend to forever extinguish their right to develop or use the Property for any purpose other than club use." Basically, it's valued as a private club, not a private residence, which is why it's tax assessment is so low.

I haven't seen a single person in the real estate industry explain the fraud case in a way that makes sense. They all claim that the judge is making bad assessments using the wrong data,

Honestly, if any cases indicate persecution here it's that one.
Funny you'd ask real estate agents about legal issues, and not a lawyer. Huh.

Not a claim...facts. China has literally been wiring Biden family members money and they're literally passing checks. It's an astounding amount of evidence and the number of people involved in covering for it is a serious problem.
So gather the evidence you claim exists and file for impeachment, and indict him already.

What's stopping you?

There is, they are.
And the reason the House hasn't passed articles of impeachment is...?

If Biden loses its almost certain he'll spend his remaining days in jail...and you'll see rats fleeing this country fast.
Uh, yeah, we'll see on that one.

Keep me posted, willya?

He hasn't been criminally charged with fraud (they can't prove it) and the civil fraud accusation looks pretty bogus.
Except that he's already been found guilty.

As for sexual assault? He's never been charged. You're in a fantasy land...join us back in reality.
Not in criminal court, sure...but he has been found guilty, and liable, so there's no question he did it.

You're splitting hairs, dude.

When? I don't even remember him being charged with sexual assault. He's never been found "guilty if sexual assault" that's a crime....he'd be in jail.
Check the verdict in the Carroll case. Trump was found guilty of sexual assault and defamation.

We're at a point where it's a certainty. There won't be any "peace treaty" in the white house and any president who wants to succeed will have to use the federal government to pursue his enemies....in congress and the senate as well. A lot of people are going to be quitting just to avoid the crossfire.
Welp, it does look like the "government so small you can drown it in a bathtub" folks in the GOP are going to get their wish. Then again, governing isn't exactly a main concern of the modern day GOP.

This is why you don't use the government to pursue political opponents. It's why we looked the other way on people like Hillary Clinton and all the classified information she pilfered. I have no idea what they were thinking when raiding Trump's resort for classified docs.
They were thinking that Trump had them, the DOJ subpoenaed them, and Trump refused to comply with the subpoena and tried to hide them.

Unqualified? Absolutely. Yet somehow, he managed to do better than this elder statesman on the economy, on foreign policy, and I daresay even covid....though he certainly didn't do well. He didn't noticeably improve education or healthcare but he didn't really ruin them either....only so much can be done when basically everyone is working against you, and the media is running a 24/7 blitz on every word you say.
Sorry, but Trump continuously and falsely claimed election fraud, and when that didn't work, tried to install false electors to rig the election he lost, and when that didn't work, he tried to incite an insurrection to stay in office despite losing the election.

None of those things are in keeping with the presidential oath of office, and that's why I feel he's unqualified to take the office again. You are, of course, entitled to believe differently, but so far as I'm concerned, no vote for Donny from me.

Wait wait wait...what do you mean so?

That's election interference. That censorship of political speech. That's spreading misinformation.

You know those things you seemed to care about when you believed Russian hackers were doing it? Now all you have to say is "so?" when democrats are doing it? It's the worst violation of the Constitution and freedom of speech in half a century at least.

Thanks for explaining why you no longer need to be taken seriously on this subject.
Once again, if you have evidence that President Biden committed any crimes, go right ahead and file for impeachment or indict him.

I keep telling you, I'm not defending Biden.

You still haven't shown 1 criminal charge Trump has been found guilty of.
Sigh.

The Trump is strong with this one.

-- A2SG, we may need an exorcist......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
[on the classified documents case]

It seems like they may not finish the trial intended to start in May,
This doesn't even make any sense. The trial is schedule to *start* in May, it ends when it ends.
since a new defendant is added.
No. The "new" defendant (from months ago) isn't going to slow this down. (The judge is willing to indulge in any delay Trump wants, but that has nothing to do with the "new" defendant.
Furthermore, they're hoping to hear from Hur that Biden is in the clear....but house Republicans are intimating they have reason to believe Biden had been sending employees to move docs out of the Penn office since almost a year earlier.

Whatever Joe does with Trump could easily be his undoing post election.

Perhaps Hur can't prove that Biden knew he had docs, but him sending two different attorneys seems to be a rather clear indication he did.
Nothing about the Trump classified documents case depends on Biden, "Hur", the House, or any other such external factor.
[on the Georgia case]

Honestly, I don't know what this mess of a case is. If they have something....some sort of recorded or digital communication between Trump and the people involved in this effort, and I'm assuming they do since it was one of several but so far the only one being prosecuted....this is the most likely to show him guilty of something.
I have no idea what this mess of a (??) sentence (turns out is just one sentence) is.
[back to the DC Jan6th case]

In regards to your question....

The first charges as described in the link I provided go over much easier with an incitement charge. The first one is a bit weird, and requires Trump knowingly spreading falsehoods, so it's a tough one unless there exists evidence of the knowledge (not merely people disagreeing with him and telling him there's no fraud) and what makes it worse is the whistleblower from the CIA/FBI cut-out explaining that they definitely were running election interference on behalf of Biden. I haven't watched the whole testimony yet.
Count 1 is Conspiracy to Defraud the United States (18 USC 371). The indictment (linked into the NPR story. I suggest you read it to learn more.) indicates that the defendant (Trump) knowingly used false fraud claims to push state legislatures to alter the results and whipped up the false elector scheme. He then tried to use the Justice Department to the same effect and then tried involving the VP.
The second charge is much similar but was a typical feature of protests....including the one held at Trump's inauguration. I'm not sure how you would charge the president with anything to the effect of obstruction without him giving orders for obstruction. This is where I think incitement helps out the case. If they show he incited a riot for that purpose...they have something to get around any free speech arguments.
The second charge is how he conspired to interfere with a proceeding of the government and the third that he did interfere with the same by the means summarized above for count 1. Nowhere in the indictment does it talk about incitement and for a good reason. Invoking incitement of the crowd brings in a bunch of muddy questions about free speech and the like.

There is plenty of precedent about the use of the obstruction charges regarding the electoral vote count on Jan 6th. Dozens of people have been convicted with dozens more having pending obstruction charges. (There were even a couple new arrests for it last week.)

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hey, quit moving the goalposts, dude! First, you said there was a "lack of evidence", and when I showed there was evidence, now you're saying there's no evidence "of a serious crime".

Make up your mind.

When you say there was evidence....in an investigation that took thousands of man hours, conducted more interviews than I can count, and failed to support the basis of the investigation....it helps to state exactly what evidence you are talking about. Otherwise, me mentioning what I consider the most significant piece of evidence should be seen as a courtesy....an olive branch.

What evidence are you talking about?

To you, and other Trump sycop...er, supporters, perhaps. To me, it looks like a criminal is finally getting justice.

Right....because you were told he was a criminal from the start, and like a good boy, you believe what your betters tell you.

Yet somehow, someway, despite the many many people trying to put him behind bars...he walks free.

What does political persecution look like to you? Is it the government using the legal system frivolously to put political opponents in jail? Is it the media obeying and cooperating with the state silencing and seeking the cancelation/punishment of those who disagree? Is it letting billions in damage happen to the people and call it mostly peaceful....but calling a riot at the seats of power comparable a terrorist attack?

Exactly what does it look like to you? Do people need to be loaded onto trains before you start to consider perhaps there's a problem with the people you're supporting?

Well, as much justice as a rich man who can afford to delay, delay, delay gets in this country, anyway.

It's not as if the details of the Classified Documents case have changed since the month after they had been acquired and poured over. The case wasn't delayed by Trump....but by Democrats who wanted to wait until closer to election time.

You forget, as Trump seems often to, that Trump took an easement on the property a while back, stating: "the Club and Trump intend to forever extinguish their right to develop or use the Property for any purpose other than club use." Basically, it's valued as a private club, not a private residence, which is why it's tax assessment is so low.

You're the only one here that seems to think a sprawling private business on a lot of high value property is going to be valued as less than a home nearby.

Here's a dumbed down version of the reality you're struggling to understand.

Compared to residential properties, commercial properties tend to be more stable and liquid because they are easier to sell. In addition, commercial real estate is usually more expensive than residential property due to its higher demand for space that can be rented or sold.

So generally speaking....commercial real estate is more expensive than residential.

That's why your explanation is dead on arrival.

Funny you'd ask real estate agents about legal issues, and not a lawyer. Huh.

I would ask real estate experts about real estate values. I would ask lawyers about law.

As you can see, judges who imagine they understand real estate get embarrassed when experts are called to testify.

So gather the evidence you claim exists and file for impeachment, and indict him already.

If you're not aware....that's the process happening now. I imagine whatever passes for news to you will ignore it when it's all laid out and put to a vote. That won't prevent it from being thrown in everyone's face during election season though....those facts will be played on ad after ad.

And the reason the House hasn't filed articles of impeachment is...?

Still gathering evidence. Lots of resistance to subpoenas and requests for information. If Wray and Mayorkas haven't been called back to congress to explain the lies they told...they will be soon, and that will be fun.

Uh, yeah, we'll see on that one.

Keep me posted, willya?

I'm just stating the obvious. If one party in a two party system begins persecuting the other....then if the second party gains the executive office, they should pursue every possible member of the opposing party as viciously as possible. They have to just to survive. Otherwise they'll be on the receiving end of the persecuting in a short time.

Except that he's already been found guilty.

Of civil charges.

Not in criminal court

Ty for acknowledging my point. If Trump were guilty of sexual assault in New York, he'd have to register as a sex offender. Do you know why he doesn't have to register as a sex offender? Because he isn't guilty of sexual assault lol.

It's not splitting hairs. I know you read somewhere he was found guilty of sexual assault. That's a distortion of the truth...a lie...misinformation....that you believed....because you're a good boy who believes what you're told.

Welp, it does look like the "government so small you can drown it in a bathtub" folks in the GOP are going to get their wish. Then again, governing isn't exactly a main concern of the modern day GOP.

Maybe you haven't noticed but governing hasn't been a strong point of the Democratic Party lately either. The main difference is around the 12-16k a year extra people would need to live as well as they did under Republicans.

Although, I guess we can say there's still a modicum of integrity on the right. They just kicked out that fraud Santos. It doesn't help them politically. He's a fraud though...so he was expelled. The Dems cling to every fraud they can.

They were thinking that Trump had them, the DOJ subpoenaed them, and Trump refused to comply with the subpoena and tried to hide them.

That's the story. Hillary did much the same and destroyed her servers before they could be seized and searched. Biden literally shifted boxes of documents out of his office with the help of his lawyers....and we still don't know what they contained.

Sorry, but Trump continuously and falsely claimed election fraud, and when that didn't work,

Well he believed he was cheated somehow...and considering all the FBI did to help his opponent, he was. Still, there's nothing new about a politician saying this.

tried to install false electors to rig the election he lost,

There was certainly a last second false electors plot. It remains to be seen what, if any, his involvement was.

and when that didn't work, he tried to incite an insurrection to stay in office despite losing the election.

He held a protest in front of the Capitol. The whole thing stinks to high heaven. I don't recall Trump demanding violence or even suggesting it....and for the first day there wasn't. The released footage shows it wasn't the entirely violent affair we were led to believe it was. Clearly, there was violence...but it was sporadic and limited. There's a lot of footage of people mildly walking through the Capitol with police present and no indication they were trying to stop them. There's even footage of a man being handcuffed and released by police, clearly on the same team. It lends any reasonable person to wonder just how many people there were under orders of the FBI or some other agencies, what they were doing, and why they didn't prevent this if it they had foreknowledge of the event.

None of those things are in keeping with the presidential oath of office, and that's why I feel he's unqualified to take the office again. You are, of course, entitled to believe differently, but so far as I'm concerned, no vote for Donny from me.

I fully understand that. If you genuinely think he's some power mad dictator who will damage our nation....it makes sense. In my mind, he was an unexpected, unwanted outsider, in the highest office....and as such, he was wanted gone and nothing more.

Once again, if you have evidence that President Biden committed any crimes, go right ahead and file for impeachment or indict him.

I don't think I can personally file articles of impeachment. I can petition the government. I work for these people though, and prefer to stay apolitical and not vote....as this gives the public little reason to question my biases should my work ever been deemed questionable or possibly in violation of the law.

I keep telling you, I'm not defending Biden.

I don't blame you for that.

Sigh.

The Trump is strong with this one.

-- A2SG, we may need an exorcist......

I think you're confusing my stating my view of the situation for support of Trump. I'd much prefer someone more capable and willing to work with others.

However, we are a nation of rights. Running for president isn't a crime. Winning is a possible outcome and if it results in political persecution....our democracy has fallen far indeed. There are, and were, many valid criticisms of Trump....but what was given to the public was a lot of nonsense about stoking white supremacy, getting us into nuclear war (something Joe seems more likely to do) and very little recognition of what he was able to do, little as it was, for four years.

Still, I agree that the plot to place false electors is a stretch too far, and if he orchestrated that...and not some cronies beneath him....he should be punished. I wouldn't fault anyone for not voting for him.

However, Biden appears to be involved in the same sort of media manipulation, false information, lies, and propaganda that the democrats were warning us the Russians were doing in 2016. He's simply got the help of the intelligence community and media behind him.

One is a direct attempt to violate the rules and undermine an election. The other violates the rights of every citizen and manipulates the news to gatekeep information...to win an election. I can't tell you which is worse, but I can tell you the results are the same.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This doesn't even make any sense. The trial is schedule to *start* in May, it ends when it ends.

Is it? I was under the impression it got pushed back.

No. The "new" defendant (from months ago) isn't going to slow this down. (The judge is willing to indulge in any delay Trump wants, but that has nothing to do with the "new" defendant.

So the starting date hasn't officially been changed.

Nothing about the Trump classified documents case depends on Biden, "Hur", the House, or any other such external factor.

The outcome of the Trump case won't prevent him from being elected if he's on the ballot and as of now...he's on the ballot.

Since it's at least possible for him to be elected from jail...if he wins, I would imagine that Biden would soon be facing similar charges.

I have no idea what this mess of a (??) sentence (turns out is just one sentence) is.

It's my assessment of the Georgia Rico case. Since they can't prove Trump profited from it, they'll need to prove he orchestrated it, otherwise he should walk.

Count 1 is Conspiracy to Defraud the United States (18 USC 371). The indictment (linked into the NPR story. I suggest you read it to learn more.) indicates that the defendant (Trump) knowingly used false fraud claims to push state legislatures to alter the results and whipped up the false elector scheme. He then tried to use the Justice Department to the same effect and then tried involving the VP.

Right. The key word is knowingly. He can't have believed he was genuinely cheated....and there's many public and private statements to that effect.

The second charge is how he conspired to interfere with a proceeding of the government

Again, a tough one without incitement. Otherwise, those people chose to interfere of their own volition.

and the third that he did interfere with the same by the means summarized above for count 1.

And count one requires knowingly making false statements. A tough thing considering how many statements he made of fraud that he spent money pursuing.

Nowhere in the indictment does it talk about incitement and for a good reason. Invoking incitement of the crowd brings in a bunch of muddy questions about free speech and the like.

Incitement isn't covered under free speech. It's a crime to suggest people use violence to achieve political ends. It would also tie together the other charges.

If he tells the crowd he wants them to protest peacefully...counts 1-3 are going to be a stretch.

There is plenty of precedent about the use of the obstruction charges regarding the electoral vote count on Jan 6th. Dozens of people have been convicted with dozens more having pending obstruction charges. (There were even a couple new arrests for it last week.)

Right...because that's what they did, or attempted to do, and Donald wasn't amongst them.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When you say there was evidence....in an investigation that took thousands of man hours, conducted more interviews than I can count, and failed to support the basis of the investigation....it helps to state exactly what evidence you are talking about. Otherwise, me mentioning what I consider the most significant piece of evidence should be seen as a courtesy....an olive branch.

What evidence are you talking about?
I was responding to your claim that there was a "lack of evidence" by demonstrating the existence of it. I'm not commenting on the type of evidence that exists, nor on how serious the crimes cited are. I was simply refuting the "lack" of it.

Right....because you were told he was a criminal from the start, and like a good boy, you believe what your betters tell you.
Nah, I've known about Trump for a while now. I can even remember when his brain was transplanted into Bill the Cat.

Yet somehow, someway, despite the many many people trying to put him behind bars...he walks free.
Yeah, that happens with a lot of rich criminals.

What does political persecution look like to you? Is it the government using the legal system frivolously to put political opponents in jail? Is it the media obeying and cooperating with the state silencing and seeking the cancelation/punishment of those who disagree? Is it letting billions in damage happen to the people and call it mostly peaceful....but calling a riot at the seats of power comparable a terrorist attack?

Exactly what does it look like to you? Do people need to be loaded onto trains before you start to consider perhaps there's a problem with the people you're supporting?
I'll tell you one thing it doesn't look like: someone indicted on over 90 counts with tons of evidence behind those indictments.

It's not as if the details of the Classified Documents case have changed since the month after they had been acquired and poured over. The case wasn't delayed by Trump....but by Democrats who wanted to wait until closer to election time.
Actually, Trump's lawyers are trying to delay that trial.

You're the only one here that seems to think a sprawling private business on a lot of high value property is going to be valued as less than a home nearby.
Nope, the state of Florida thinks so, which is why they assessed it as they did.

Here's a dumbed down version of the reality you're struggling to understand.

Compared to residential properties, commercial properties tend to be more stable and liquid because they are easier to sell. In addition, commercial real estate is usually more expensive than residential property due to its higher demand for space that can be rented or sold.

So generally speaking....commercial real estate is more expensive than residential.

That's why your explanation is dead on arrival.
Since Mar a Lago is a private club, not a residence, it's tax value is based on the club's operating costs, not it's resale value.

But hey, if Trump wants to claim his club is worth a billion dollars, maybe he should be paying tax on that value instead?

I would ask real estate experts about real estate values. I would ask lawyers about law.
The case isn't about real estate values though, it's about the fraud involved in the way those values were used. Higher values when seeking loans, lower when paying taxes. That's fraud.

As you can see, judges who imagine they understand real estate get embarrassed when experts are called to testify.
That's why witnesses are called, to offer testimony relevant to the case. A judge listens to it, and renders a verdict.

That's how the legal system works.

If you're not aware....that's the process happening now. I imagine whatever passes for news to you will ignore it when it's all laid out and put to a vote. That won't prevent it from being thrown in everyone's face during election season though....those facts will be played on ad after ad.
If the evidence is as clear, and as plentiful as you think it is, I wonder why the articles of impeachment haven't been passed yet. But I'm sure there's a really good reason for that.

Let me know when it happens, okay?

Still gathering evidence. Lots of resistance to subpoenas and requests for information. If Wray and Mayorkas haven't been called back to congress to explain the lies they told...they will be soon, and that will be fun.
If they're still gathering evidence, they must not have enough yet to impeach. Hmmm...

I'm just stating the obvious. If one party in a two party system begins persecuting the other....then if the second party gains the executive office, they should pursue every possible member of the opposing party as viciously as possible. They have to just to survive. Otherwise they'll be on the receiving end of the persecuting in a short time.
Not every elected official is as vindictive as that, though.

Of civil charges.
Still guilty.

Ty for acknowledging my point. If Trump were guilty of sexual assault in New York, he'd have to register as a sex offender. Do you know why he doesn't have to register as a sex offender? Because he isn't guilty of sexual assault lol.
And yet, that was the verdict of the court. I notice you're not disputing that he did the thing, only splitting hairs on what kind of court the guilty verdict came from.

It's not splitting hairs. I know you read somewhere he was found guilty of sexual assault. That's a distortion of the truth...a lie...misinformation....that you believed....because you're a good boy who believes what you're told.
If you think my information about Trump's guilty verdict in the Carroll case is wrong, feel free to show me proof of my error.

Maybe you haven't noticed but governing hasn't been a strong point of the Democratic Party lately either. The main difference is around the 12-16k a year extra people would need to live as well as they did under Republicans.
Hey, at least the democrats try to govern, which is more than the GOP can say. Of course, the problem is that the Democratic party is pretty inefficient and not very good at doing stuff.

Well, unless you believe Trump and his supporters...they seem to think the democrats are highly organized and exceptionally efficent, to a Bond villain level, and able to effortlessly hide every trace of their actions.

Although, I guess we can say there's still a modicum of integrity on the right. They just kicked out that fraud Santos. It doesn't help them politically. He's a fraud though...so he was expelled. The Dems cling to every fraud they can.
Sorry, which frauds are the democrats protecting again?

That's the story. Hillary did much the same and destroyed her servers before they could be seized and searched. Biden literally shifted boxes of documents out of his office with the help of his lawyers....and we still don't know what they contained.
Hey, if you have evidence that either Clinton or Biden refused to return any classified documents when asked to, or tried to hide them when subpoenaed, feel free to indict them.

Well he believed he was cheated somehow...and considering all the FBI did to help his opponent, he was. Still, there's nothing new about a politician saying this.
He made claims of election fraud without ever producing one bit of evidence for it. Then, or since.

There was certainly a last second false electors plot. It remains to be seen what, if any, his involvement was.
Well, some of his co-conspirators have already pled guilty and will offer evidence, so progress is being made in that case.

He held a protest in front of the Capitol. The whole thing stinks to high heaven. I don't recall Trump demanding violence or even suggesting it....and for the first day there wasn't. The released footage shows it wasn't the entirely violent affair we were led to believe it was. Clearly, there was violence...but it was sporadic and limited. There's a lot of footage of people mildly walking through the Capitol with police present and no indication they were trying to stop them. There's even footage of a man being handcuffed and released by police, clearly on the same team. It lends any reasonable person to wonder just how many people there were under orders of the FBI or some other agencies, what they were doing, and why they didn't prevent this if it they had foreknowledge of the event.
Yeah, yeah, yeah....you saw what you saw, and I saw what I saw.

I fully understand that. If you genuinely think he's some power mad dictator who will damage our nation....it makes sense. In my mind, he was an unexpected, unwanted outsider, in the highest office....and as such, he was wanted gone and nothing more.
Hey, I never said you can't vote for whomever you choose. I only said why I'm not voting for the guy.

And I'm not alone. Let's remember, in every presidential election Trump ran in, he got less votes than his opponent. The first time, he managed to get enough to swing the electoral votes, but not the second.

I don't think I can personally file articles of impeachment. I can petition the government. I work for these people though, and prefer to stay apolitical and not vote....as this gives the public little reason to question my biases should my work ever been deemed questionable or possibly in violation of the law.
If you have evidence that the government lacks, you probably should petition them. Or you can choose not to, your call.

But if you feel as strongly as you seem to that Biden should be impeached, or indicted, then it seems incumbent upon you to do what you can. Otherwise, you lack credibility when you complain about it.

Just sayin'....

I don't blame you for that.
Good to know.

I think you're confusing my stating my view of the situation for support of Trump. I'd much prefer someone more capable and willing to work with others.

However, we are a nation of rights. Running for president isn't a crime. Winning is a possible outcome and if it results in political persecution....our democracy has fallen far indeed. There are, and were, many valid criticisms of Trump....but what was given to the public was a lot of nonsense about stoking white supremacy, getting us into nuclear war (something Joe seems more likely to do) and very little recognition of what he was able to do, little as it was, for four years.

Still, I agree that the plot to place false electors is a stretch too far, and if he orchestrated that...and not some cronies beneath him....he should be punished. I wouldn't fault anyone for not voting for him.

However, Biden appears to be involved in the same sort of media manipulation, false information, lies, and propaganda that the democrats were warning us the Russians were doing in 2016. He's simply got the help of the intelligence community and media behind him.

One is a direct attempt to violate the rules and undermine an election. The other violates the rights of every citizen and manipulates the news to gatekeep information...to win an election. I can't tell you which is worse, but I can tell you the results are the same.
You sure seem to be working too hard to defend Trump for me to believe you're not defending him.

But hey, I'll take you at your word. You're not a Trump supporter. You just continue to defend him and his actions because....um, well,....reasons I guess.

-- A2SG, but, I have to say, you're walking more than a little duck-like there, dude....

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is it? I was under the impression it got pushed back.

So the starting date hasn't officially been changed.

Not yet, but the judge has set the dates for the current phase of the Classified Information Procedures Act (which deals with the use of classified information in criminal cases) such that it is not possible for the case to proceed on the current schedule. If she wanted a swift trail it could be happening about now.
The outcome of the Trump case won't prevent him from being elected if he's on the ballot and as of now...he's on the ballot.

Since it's at least possible for him to be elected from jail...if he wins, I would imagine that Biden would soon be facing similar charges.
That has nothing to do with the case or the charges.

It's my assessment of the Georgia Rico case. Since they can't prove Trump profited from it, they'll need to prove he orchestrated it, otherwise he should walk.
You seem "well informed"....
Right. The key word is knowingly. He can't have believed he was genuinely cheated....and there's many public and private statements to that effect.
His personal belief is not relevant, only that he'd been informed that the election was lost. There are many public examples of that already. This element of the crime will not be hard to prove.

Again, a tough one without incitement. Otherwise, those people chose to interfere of their own volition.
The crowd is irrelevant as incitement. The obstruction is not about ginning up a mob. Please read the indictment. It is laid out clearly for you there.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.258148/gov.uscourts.dcd.258148.1.0_12.pdf

And count one requires knowingly making false statements. A tough thing considering how many statements he made of fraud that he spent money pursuing.
See above.
Incitement isn't covered under free speech. It's a crime to suggest people use violence to achieve political ends. It would also tie together the other charges.

If he tells the crowd he wants them to protest peacefully...counts 1-3 are going to be a stretch.
Again inciting the crowd is not an element of the charges. This is not an escape hatch for Trump.
Right...because that's what they did, or attempted to do, and Donald wasn't amongst them.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I was responding to your claim that there was a "lack of evidence" by demonstrating the existence of it. I'm not commenting on the type of evidence that exists, nor on how serious the crimes cited are. I was simply refuting the "lack" of it.

Ok...well here's your weekly dictionary explanation.

Don't feel bad, we've been down this road before. I don't mind explaining new words to you...that's how you learn!

In short...a deficiency of something. When you only have a little bit of toothpaste, you lack toothpaste.

Not to be confused with absence.

So I hope that helps. Saying they lacked evidence is accurate. Saying that any evidence was absent is incorrect.

Nah, I've known about Trump for a while now. I can even remember when his brain was transplanted into Bill the Cat.

I'm sure this is hilarious to those who know what you're talking about.

Yeah, that happens with a lot of rich criminals.

And those in DC.

I'll tell you one thing it doesn't look like: someone indicted on over 90 counts with tons of evidence behind those indictments.

You haven't provided a whole lot of evidence for anything.

Yeah, of course, it's never been about the documents. That case may end up with a judgment stayed until it goes to a higher court.

Nope, the state of Florida thinks so, which is why they assessed it as they did.

For tax purposes lol not as the value of the property.

It appears you and the judge have the same affliction.

Since Mar a Lago is a private club, not a residence, it's tax value is based on the club's operating costs, not it's resale value.

Tax value...not sale value.

You've said it twice now. Do you get it yet?

But hey, if Trump wants to claim his club is worth a billion dollars, maybe he should be paying tax on that value instead?

Why would he? It's not the tax value.

When you pay taxes on your home every year (you know, real estate taxes) are they the sale price of your home?

The case isn't about real estate values though, it's about the fraud involved in the way those values were used. Higher values when seeking loans, lower when paying taxes. That's fraud.

Yeah, I'm certain the public is outraged that some big bank got taken for a few extra bucks.

Let's see...it appears even the banks agree with Trump and think the lawyer is an idiot.

His testimony Tuesday reinforced Trump’s defense argument that the lender was not defrauded and bank personnel conducted a due diligence process that did not rely on Trump’s personal financial statements the judge ruled fraudulent before the trial started. Trump has also argued that the bank was happy to have his business.

If the supposed victims of this fraud don't agree that fraud happened and aren't complaining about being defrauded.... What are the chances this is a valid fraud case and not a crooked judge trying to improve their career by wrongly prosecuting a political candidate?

Again, if this case doesn't look like persecution, you're either still mad he got elected or completely unable to comprehend how odd this case is.

Or do you think it's normal for the DA to file fraud charges....instead of the victims, because banks don't have lawyers, and for the judge to decide a 700 million dollar property was worth 28 million because he doesn't understand what a tax assessment is? Now the supposed victims of fraud are telling the judge they're wrong and were never defrauded?

That looks like a normal thing to you? For a president who is likely running for reelection?

I can understand if you think the other cases are legitimate. That case is clearly a joke and blatant political persecution.

That's why witnesses are called, to offer testimony relevant to the case. A judge listens to it, and renders a verdict.

That's how the legal system works.

Except you seem to think the verdict is rendered immediately and then they call witnesses to testify....for, no reason at all, before sentencing....because you don't actually know how this works.

I've never been to a civil fraud trial...but I have been to trial....and every single time the witnesses were called before the verdict, but hey....I could be wrong.

If the evidence is as clear, and as plentiful as you think it is, I wonder why the articles of impeachment haven't been passed yet. But I'm sure there's a really good reason for that.

It's a lot of evidence bud....much of which was hidden until this year. The FBI sat on evidence of corruption for 3 years at least and lied about testimony they had about Biden's corruption. Then they lied about the extent of their involvement in covering for Biden in the 2016 election. Given that the Republicans have had less than 2 years and the entire federal government obstructing them....they're moving at light speed compared to the DOJ on Trump. Why do you think the DOJ has waited till 2024 to start the classified docs trial? Was there a lot of evidence needed to prove Trump had possession of the docs after they recovered them from him lol?

You're complaining about Trump’s lawyers stalling for time when the DOJ did the same thing.

Let me know when it happens, okay?

If they're still gathering evidence, they must not have enough yet to impeach. Hmmm...

Is there a point you're trying to make?

Again, somehow despite not being trained investigators....they've gathered enough evidence to begin proceed in less than 2 years.

Trump has been under investigation for 7 and he's only recently started to face trial. The entire DOJ is either more inept than some congressmen or Biden is so corrupt the evidence is abundant.

Not every elected official is as vindictive as that, though.

I'm sorry...are you one of those people that think your elected officials are mostly good with the occasional bad egg?

I saw someone say something to that effect about Biden months ago....my jaw dropped. I didn't think we had anyone naive enough to think these people weren't corrupt. These are lawyers, making public servant salaries of a couple hundred thousand a year at most. They retire as multimillionaires and if they're president, they're done working, for life.

Still guilty.

Of defamation. How young are you? Do you remember the OJ trial or are you too young? Did you know that after he was found innocent of murder, he was sued in a civil trial for the same murder and found guilty? They found him liable for "wrongful death" of his ex wife and lover and he had to pay like 20-30 million for that.

Now, plenty of people believe he's guilty of murder....but nobody claims the court found him guilty of murder because of the civil trial. That would be stupid.

And I'm aware that some people are young...perhaps not so bright....and don't understand the difference between civil and criminal cases. The fact is though....despite what the news says...Trump was never charged with nor found guilty of sexual assault.

And yet, that was the verdict of the court. I notice you're not disputing that he did the thing, only splitting hairs on what kind of court the guilty verdict came from.

You say splitting hairs as if there's no difference between a civil trial and criminal trial. It's not splitting hairs, it's a world of difference....you can't even be charged with sexual assault in a civil trial. You definitely can't be found guilty.

Hey, at least the democrats try to govern,

When? They've bungled inflation, the economy in general, basically all foreign policy, got us wrapped up in funding a losing war with a highly corrupt nation, failed on the border crisis, failed on the Afghanistan withdrawal, and now....they've split the democrats because they thought they could use the loons on their side to get elected. They didn't realize they would actually support Palestine. Forget about the never ending crime wave of both violent and property crime.

Other than hide Biden's crimes to the best of their ability, and ensure corporate profits, what's the good part?

which is more than the GOP can say.

Well....

Trump ended the war in Afghanistan, created historic peace accords with Israel in the middle east, didn't start any new wars, tried to solve the migration crisis despite everyone standing in his way...and with the stay in Mexico program, he managed to slow the problem.

That's not the most impressive list but everyone literally was wealthier under Trump....since the dollar had more value and prices were lower.

Oh, and he zapped one of our enemies best generals and they were too scared to move on us. Nobody seems scared of Joe.

Of course, the problem is that the Democratic party is pretty inefficient and not very good at doing stuff.

Yeah it turns out that bringing together these various identity groups causes problems when in power....without a common enemy, they remember they don't share any values or priorities. Even worse, once they realize they can't get anything out of electing democrats because of that pesky constitution preventing favoritism....they defect to the independent and republican sides. I'm curious if there will be anyone other than black people who hate white people and the US, and white people who hate white people and the US, and people who think they are cats after 15 years.

Well, unless you believe Trump and his supporters...they seem to think the democrats are highly organized and exceptionally efficent, to a Bond villain level, and able to effortlessly hide every trace of their actions.

No....no. lol who believes that? Just because new evidence of crimes pops up every week doesn't make anyone a mastermind....it makes them pretty bad at crime.

Sorry, which frauds are the democrats protecting again?

You want an example or list?

Hey, if you have evidence that either Clinton or Biden refused to return any classified documents when asked to, or tried to hide them when subpoenaed, feel free to indict them.

You're kidding right? Not only did Hillary 100% have illegal documents, but she destroyed the server before the FBI could collect it. She knowingly mishandled highly classified top secret documents....and destroyed evidence.

They didn't decide not to prosecute because she wasn't guilty. They decided not to prosecute because she went away and she and her husband are both connected. They have dirt on more people than I can imagine. Throwing someone like that in jail is dangerous. There's no telling who she might start leaking info to if she is bitter. The same goes for her husband. The same goes for Trump. Don't be surprised if he gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist....there's real danger to anything less than a life sentence, and even then, might as well have him killed just to be safe.

He made claims of election fraud without ever producing one bit of evidence for it. Then, or since

So has Hillary. So has that large black woman from Georgia (Adams?). It's not a crime.

Well, some of his co-conspirators have already pled guilty and will offer evidence, so progress is being made in that case.

Indeed, we'll have to see what evidence they have.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....you saw what you saw, and I saw what I saw.

I thought I saw a vicious riot on January 6th. I didn't see a serious attempt to prevent an election.

Hey, I never said you can't vote for whomever you choose. I only said why I'm not voting for the guy.

I get it.

And I'm not alone. Let's remember, in every presidential election Trump ran in, he got less votes than his opponent. The first time, he managed to get enough to swing the electoral votes, but not the second.

Yeah but the second was run on the idea that things would return to normal. We're still talking about Trump, the economy is objectively worse, we're funding a war we can't win and one that isn't popular on the left, we began building the wall lol because the illegal problem couldn't be ignored, and we still have mass protests....except it's the left chasing around jews instead of cops.

Biden appears no less of a criminal than Trump....and has the IQ of a bowl of oatmeal. Yet the democrats keep lying about him, his crimes, and the economy....as if no one noticed everything costs more.

Running on "I'm not Trump" may be enough if people implicitly believe that means things will improve. Now they know it means they will become worse. What exactly is the message Biden is running on now? I've seen his ads where he threatens to "finish" the job he started....a terrifying prospect.

If you have evidence that the government lacks, you probably should petition them. Or you can choose not to, your call.

Nope...based on the evidence that they've provided he looks pretty guilty. Even the banks are saying certain transactions look like money laundering and that's an independent assessment.

But if you feel as strongly as you seem to that Biden should be impeached, or indicted, then it seems incumbent upon you to do what you can. Otherwise, you lack credibility when you complain about it.

Statements like this make it seem like you have no idea how the government works, at all. If that's the case....why discuss politics?

You sure seem to be working too hard to defend Trump for me to believe you're not defending him.

He may be guilty. I haven't seen the evidence...you haven't either.

The whole thing is odd. We all know Presidents commit crimes...there's no president in our lifetimes who isn't at least a war criminal. Between the bogus fraud case and the classified docs case...it's hard to understand the rationale of these trials.

Perhaps they couldn't find a convincing enemy to rally against so they're playing the same old tune.

But hey, I'll take you at your word. You're not a Trump supporter. You just continue to defend him and his actions because....um, well,....reasons I guess.
Objectivity....and knowledge. I haven't been working for the federal government so long that I don't remember what I thought it was like before.

-- A2SG, but, I have to say, you're walking more than a little duck-like there, dude....

I've never voted. I argued for Hillary in 2016. I don't have anything to prove simply because I don't believe everything the media says. One would think most people wouldn't after all they've gotten wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok...well here's your weekly dictionary explanation.

Don't feel bad, we've been down this road before. I don't mind explaining new words to you...that's how you learn!

In short...a deficiency of something. When you only have a little bit of toothpaste, you lack toothpaste.

Not to be confused with absence.

So I hope that helps. Saying they lacked evidence is accurate. Saying that any evidence was absent is incorrect.
And yet, there was enough evidence to indict. Does a "lack" of evidence (however you define the word) usually result in charges?

My apologies to Merriam Webster.

I'm sure this is hilarious to those who know what you're talking about.
I'm not going to explain the reference (those who know it, know what I'm talking about), suffice to say: I've know who Trump is for a while.

I didn't just arrive here in 2016, ya know.

And those in DC.
Where a lot of rich guys hang out.

You haven't provided a whole lot of evidence for anything.
I don't have to. I'm not a prosecutor.

The actual prosecutors, however, do have plenty of it.

Yeah, of course, it's never been about the documents. That case may end up with a judgment stayed until it goes to a higher court.
You're welcome to believe any conspiracy theories you like.

For tax purposes lol not as the value of the property.

It appears you and the judge have the same affliction.
Well, the judge, who has access to a lot more of the specific evidence than I have, has already rendered a verdict: guilty.

We'll see how the rest of it goes.

Tax value...not sale value.

You've said it twice now. Do you get it yet?
Yup. If you claim one figure in one set of documents, and another in a different set, that's fraud.

Why would he? It's not the tax value.

When you pay taxes on your home every year (you know, real estate taxes) are they the sale price of your home?
I'm not claiming two different values for our house.

Yeah, I'm certain the public is outraged that some big bank got taken for a few extra bucks.
Public outrage isn't the issue here. The issue is, did Trump break the law. In this case, at least, he has been found guilty.

Let's see...it appears even the banks agree with Trump and think the lawyer is an idiot.

His testimony Tuesday reinforced Trump’s defense argument that the lender was not defrauded and bank personnel conducted a due diligence process that did not rely on Trump’s personal financial statements the judge ruled fraudulent before the trial started. Trump has also argued that the bank was happy to have his business.

If the supposed victims of this fraud don't agree that fraud happened and aren't complaining about being defrauded.... What are the chances this is a valid fraud case and not a crooked judge trying to improve their career by wrongly prosecuting a political candidate?
Judge Engoron: “The mere fact that the lenders were happy, doesn’t mean that the statute wasn’t violated.”

Again, if this case doesn't look like persecution, you're either still mad he got elected or completely unable to comprehend how odd this case is.

Or do you think it's normal for the DA to file fraud charges....instead of the victims, because banks don't have lawyers, and for the judge to decide a 700 million dollar property was worth 28 million because he doesn't understand what a tax assessment is? Now the supposed victims of fraud are telling the judge they're wrong and were never defrauded?

That looks like a normal thing to you? For a president who is likely running for reelection?

I can understand if you think the other cases are legitimate. That case is clearly a joke and blatant political persecution.
Let me see here....you're convinced, despite the guilty verdict, that Trump is innocent here, but you are also convinced Biden is guilty of....um, something, despite a lack of any charges brought against him.

Yeah, you're not biased.

Except you seem to think the verdict is rendered immediately and then they call witnesses to testify....for, no reason at all, before sentencing....because you don't actually know how this works.
Judge Engoron ruled Trump and his sons guilty of fraud in summary judgment. Look that term up if you're unclear on what it means.

There other charges still pending, though, and issues of liability, sentencing and punishment to be decided, which is why the trial is continuing.

I've never been to a civil fraud trial...but I have been to trial....and every single time the witnesses were called before the verdict, but hey....I could be wrong.
Check with a lawyer, then. They can provide more specific information than I can.

It's a lot of evidence bud....much of which was hidden until this year. The FBI sat on evidence of corruption for 3 years at least and lied about testimony they had about Biden's corruption. Then they lied about the extent of their involvement in covering for Biden in the 2016 election. Given that the Republicans have had less than 2 years and the entire federal government obstructing them....they're moving at light speed compared to the DOJ on Trump. Why do you think the DOJ has waited till 2024 to start the classified docs trial? Was there a lot of evidence needed to prove Trump had possession of the docs after they recovered them from him lol?

You're complaining about Trump’s lawyers stalling for time when the DOJ did the same thing.
Do they have enough evidence to pass articles of impeachment yet? If not, why not?
Is there a point you're trying to make?

Again, somehow despite not being trained investigators....they've gathered enough evidence to begin proceed in less than 2 years.

Trump has been under investigation for 7 and he's only recently started to face trial. The entire DOJ is either more inept than some congressmen or Biden is so corrupt the evidence is abundant.
I guess we'll have to wait to see that evidence if they ever pass articles of impeachment. Should I hold my breath until then?

I'm sorry...are you one of those people that think your elected officials are mostly good with the occasional bad egg?
I'm from Massachusetts. What do you think?

I saw someone say something to that effect about Biden months ago....my jaw dropped. I didn't think we had anyone naive enough to think these people weren't corrupt. These are lawyers, making public servant salaries of a couple hundred thousand a year at most. They retire as multimillionaires and if they're president, they're done working, for life.
Not every president can be Taft.

Of defamation. How young are you? Do you remember the OJ trial or are you too young? Did you know that after he was found innocent of murder, he was sued in a civil trial for the same murder and found guilty? They found him liable for "wrongful death" of his ex wife and lover and he had to pay like 20-30 million for that.
I remember that trial well. If you want to know my age, let's just say Kennedy was president when I was born.

Now, plenty of people believe he's guilty of murder....but nobody claims the court found him guilty of murder because of the civil trial. That would be stupid.

And I'm aware that some people are young...perhaps not so bright....and don't understand the difference between civil and criminal cases. The fact is though....despite what the news says...Trump was never charged with nor found guilty of sexual assault.
I understand the difference quite well. I also know there is a lower burden of proof in civil trials than in criminal. I believe the statute of limitations didn't allow Trump to be tried in criminal court, though, which is why it was civil, and related to the defamation charge.

But, in the end, Trump was found guilty. Which means he did assault Jean Carroll. Regardless of whether or not he was charged with the crime in criminal court. He did the thing.

Oh right, I forgot, you're not defending Trump.

Dunno how I got confused.

You say splitting hairs as if there's no difference between a civil trial and criminal trial.
Nope, never said that.

It's not splitting hairs, it's a world of difference....you can't even be charged with sexual assault in a civil trial. You definitely can't be found guilty.
And yet, he was.

Funny how that works.

When? They've bungled inflation, the economy in general, basically all foreign policy, got us wrapped up in funding a losing war with a highly corrupt nation, failed on the border crisis, failed on the Afghanistan withdrawal, and now....they've split the democrats because they thought they could use the loons on their side to get elected. They didn't realize they would actually support Palestine. Forget about the never ending crime wave of both violent and property crime.

Other than hide Biden's crimes to the best of their ability, and ensure corporate profits, what's the good part?
I never said they were good at it.

Trump supports think the democratic party is highly efficient, though. As a lifelong democrat, I tend to be skeptical of that assessment.

Well....

Trump ended the war in Afghanistan, created historic peace accords with Israel in the middle east, didn't start any new wars, tried to solve the migration crisis despite everyone standing in his way...and with the stay in Mexico program, he managed to slow the problem.

That's not the most impressive list but everyone literally was wealthier under Trump....since the dollar had more value and prices were lower.

Oh, and he zapped one of our enemies best generals and they were too scared to move on us. Nobody seems scared of Joe.
I've already stated why Trump's not gonna get my vote, you can stop trying to convince me to vote for him.

Oh wait, you're not stumping for Trump. I don't know how I keep forgetting that....

Yeah it turns out that bringing together these various identity groups causes problems when in power....without a common enemy, they remember they don't share any values or priorities. Even worse, once they realize they can't get anything out of electing democrats because of that pesky constitution preventing favoritism....they defect to the independent and republican sides. I'm curious if there will be anyone other than black people who hate white people and the US, and white people who hate white people and the US, and people who think they are cats after 15 years.
Hey, I'm not trying to get you to vote for a democrat. Feel free to vote for whomever you like.

No....no. lol who believes that? Just because new evidence of crimes pops up every week doesn't make anyone a mastermind....it makes them pretty bad at crime.
Those who believe the democrats stole the 2020 election sure seem to think they are the unparalleled master of ruthless efficiency, since they were able to do everything they were purported to do without leaving a shred of evidence anywhere.

Golly....

You want an example or list?
Your point, you make it however you can.

You're kidding right? Not only did Hillary 100% have illegal documents, but she destroyed the server before the FBI could collect it. She knowingly mishandled highly classified top secret documents....and destroyed evidence.

They didn't decide not to prosecute because she wasn't guilty. They decided not to prosecute because she went away and she and her husband are both connected. They have dirt on more people than I can imagine. Throwing someone like that in jail is dangerous. There's no telling who she might start leaking info to if she is bitter. The same goes for her husband. The same goes for Trump. Don't be surprised if he gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist....there's real danger to anything less than a life sentence, and even then, might as well have him killed just to be safe.
Ah. She's guilty, but the DOJ is too afraid of her to indict her.

Yup, I buy that....

So has Hillary. So has that large black woman from Georgia (Adams?). It's not a crime.
Never said that alone was a crime.

I thought I saw a vicious riot on January 6th. I didn't see a serious attempt to prevent an election.
Right, right....I forgot, you're not defending Trump.

Why do I keep forgetting that??

Yeah but the second was run on the idea that things would return to normal. We're still talking about Trump, the economy is objectively worse, we're funding a war we can't win and one that isn't popular on the left, we began building the wall lol because the illegal problem couldn't be ignored, and we still have mass protests....except it's the left chasing around jews instead of cops.

Biden appears no less of a criminal than Trump....and has the IQ of a bowl of oatmeal. Yet the democrats keep lying about him, his crimes, and the economy....as if no one noticed everything costs more.

Running on "I'm not Trump" may be enough if people implicitly believe that means things will improve. Now they know it means they will become worse. What exactly is the message Biden is running on now? I've seen his ads where he threatens to "finish" the job he started....a terrifying prospect.
Let me see here...Trump has been indicted in over 90 counts, and found guilty of some already...but he is innocent.

Biden hasn't been charged, or indicted, for anything...but he's guilty as sin.

-- A2SG, hey, where is that quacking sound coming from....

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟40,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The history of Trump, is interesting and disturbing.

Before he got into power, he appealed to a very conservative agenda, and
was one of a very few political candidates doing this. He also appealed to
conservative Christians, at a time when Hillary Clinton was mocking this
group of voters as uneducated and outdated in their thinking. I think that
it was Hillary, who got Trump elected in 2016.

But then, as a president, Trump started to show sides of his character that
were not only unadmirable, but downright nasty and even lawless. And this
trend has continued, beyond all bounds of reason. Trump seems to embrace
more and more conspiracy theories, as these are the only explanations of how
he could ever fail, in his massively egoistic worldview.

As an ex-president, Trump seems to not understand that the fair rule of law
in America has quite strict standards for what can be admitted to court, as
evidence. And this framework for evaluating evidence also exists for grand
juries, that have voted to indict Trump on dozens of felonies.

Trump claims that he is for "law and order", but which "law" he means, is
undefined. It is not the fair rule of law in America. When indicted, Trump
responds not with collecting evidence of his innocence (using his massive
financial resources), but in personal attacks on judges and employees of the
Department of Justice. This response is bypassing law and order, and
responding with lawless rage and intimidation. Even Trump's rhetoric is
converging to really disturbing rhetoric used by historic dictators and
violent lawless interest groups. There is nothing "law and order" about this
Trump, that we see now.

Unfortunately, this general trend of arbitrary lawlessness is extending among
Republicans. Trump, if re-elected, has said that he would pardon the January
6th rioters. This would be bypassing the fair rule of law, in America. And
DeSantis mentioned that if he were elected president, he would pardon
Trump. What sort of "rule of law" would this be???

If Trump is found guilty of the felonies that he is indicted for, it is proper that
he also be liable to American citizens suing him for damages, that he has
caused.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not yet, but the judge has set the dates for the current phase of the Classified Information Procedures Act (which deals with the use of classified information in criminal cases) such that it is not possible for the case to proceed on the current schedule. If she wanted a swift trail it could be happening about now.

Ok.

That has nothing to do with the case or the charges.

Ehhh...it's got nothing to do with his guilt. The charges are weird.

You seem "well informed"....

Look, I told you I wasn't up to date on every single element of every case. One might consider that sort of honesty something not worth making snide remarks about.

His personal belief is not relevant,

I'm almost 100% certain it is. Knowing the truth is an element of the crime.

See how I'm telling you it's an element of the crime....and you don't believe me? I wouldn't be able to point to this in a court of law as proof you "knew" the truth....just because I told you.

The crowd is irrelevant as incitement. The obstruction is not about ginning up a mob. Please read the indictment. It is laid out clearly for you there.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.258148/gov.uscourts.dcd.258148.1.0_12.pdf

See above.

Why don't you just point out the relevant page of that 45 page indictment you linked.

Again inciting the crowd is not an element of the charges. This is not an escape hatch for Trump.

I'm not sure why you think I'd consider it an "escape hatch".

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And yet, there was enough evidence to indict.

He wasn't charged with collision with Russia.

I'm not going to explain the reference (those who know it, know what I'm talking about), suffice to say: I've know who Trump is for a while.

You close friends or something?

I didn't just arrive here in 2016, ya know.

Well...

I don't have to. I'm not a prosecutor.

The actual prosecutors, however, do have plenty of it.

You don't seem to know what they have.

You're welcome to believe any conspiracy theories you like.

If you don't understand the issue there...I doubt explaining it would make a difference.

Well, the judge, who has access to a lot more of the specific evidence than I have, has already rendered a verdict: guilty.

Odd the trial is still going then.

Apparently, the judge is a moron or crooked, since he doesn't understand the difference between market value and a tax assessment.

I don't see it holding up.

Yup. If you claim one figure in one set of documents, and another in a different set, that's fraud.

See above. I can understand why you would be confused but not the judge.

Public outrage isn't the issue here. The issue is, did Trump break the law. In this case, at least, he has been found guilty.

Ok. Keep telling yourself that. How is Biden doing in the polls?

Judge Engoron: “The mere fact that the lenders were happy, doesn’t mean that the statute wasn’t violated.”

Statute? I thought this was about fraud. It's the fraud case without victims.

Let me see here....you're convinced, despite the guilty verdict, that Trump is innocent here, but you are also convinced Biden is guilty of....um, something, despite a lack of any charges brought against him.

Just based on evidence.

Yeah, you're not biased.

Well I remember where this started...

Accusations of Trump being a Russian asset, because of some wild blackmail nonsense. All false.

Now we're trying to hold him responsible for....making speculative assessments of real estate, something happening tens of thousands of times a day. It's a speculative market.

Judge Engoron ruled Trump and his sons guilty of fraud in summary judgment. Look that term up if you're unclear on what it means.

Yet the trial continues.

There other charges still pending, though, and issues of liability, sentencing and punishment to be decided, which is why the trial is continuing.

Issues of liability? Is he liable for fraud or not?

Do they have enough evidence to pass articles of impeachment yet? If not, why not?

The wire transfers from China to fake businesses to Biden should be plenty, but they want to get these crooks on record first.

I guess we'll have to wait to see that evidence if they ever pass articles of impeachment. Should I hold my breath until then?

Nah...Democrats are playing defense. If he wins the election, he'll probably die in office. If he loses, he'll die in jail.

I'm from Massachusetts. What do you think?

I'm sorry to hear that.

I remember that trial well. If you want to know my age, let's just say Kennedy was president when I was born.

Now it makes sense. You just want to pretend everything is fine until the big sleep arrives.

I understand the difference quite well. I also know there is a lower burden of proof in civil trials than in criminal. I believe the statute of limitations didn't allow Trump to be tried in criminal court, though, which is why it was civil, and related to the defamation charge.

Hence, defamation.

Trump supports think the democratic party is highly efficient, though. As a lifelong democrat, I tend to be skeptical of that assessment.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

I've already stated why Trump's not gonna get my vote, you can stop trying to convince me to vote for him.

I'm not.

Oh wait, you're not stumping for Trump. I don't know how I keep forgetting that....

Topic of the thread buddy.

Hey, I'm not trying to get you to vote for a democrat. Feel free to vote for whomever you like.

You're upset...clearly.

Go back and check out the OP. Trump’s charges are the topic. If me talking about it bothers you...perhaps a nap would help.
Ah. She's guilty, but the DOJ is too afraid of her to indict her.

It's a big mess. The fact she had her own server wasn't some secret...it wasn't some revelation. If it wasn't hacked, we'd have never heard about it.

Everyone sending her classified information committed a crime. Everyone who failed to report her private email would be in dereliction of duty. Had anyone done their job correctly....she never would have been hacked. For some reason though....Everyone ignored it.

I mean, Bill Clinton, known to have been a passenger on Epstein's plane 20+ times. They aren't investigating.

Right, right....I forgot, you're not defending Trump.

Why do I keep forgetting that??

Because I'm guessing guys your age forget stuff...like the topic of the thread.

Let me see here...Trump has been indicted in over 90 counts, and found guilty of some already...but he is innocent.

Of any crime. You keep trying to make civil and criminal charges the same. Perhaps it's like the topic of the thread....you keep forgetting.

Biden hasn't been charged, or indicted, for anything...but he's guilty as sin.

I can't remember the last time this many whistleblowers were sacrificing their jobs over the President's corruption....but you're older, maybe you can recall a similar situation.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Look, I told you I wasn't up to date on every single element of every case. One might consider that sort of honesty something not worth making snide remarks about.

Why don't you just point out the relevant page of that 45 page indictment you linked.
Because I'm not interested in supporting your performative ignorance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,508.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Liable. It was a civil case.

I think that one is civil too.
Yeah, both civil. I'm using guilty in the normal use of the word. As commonly understood. That is, he is found to have done that which he should not have done. In fact I think it was the judge in the sexual assault case said that it was rape as is commonly understood.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He wasn't charged with collision with Russia.
And I never claimed he was. A fact that you will confirm in your next post when you fail to quote me saying that.

You close friends or something?
Nope.

Well...

You don't seem to know what they have.
I know the prosecution doesn't lack evidence. Judge Engoron knows that too, as he's already rendered a verdict on the fraud charges based on that evidence. We'll see how he rules on the other charges.

If you don't understand the issue there...I doubt explaining it would make a difference.
I understand the issues well enough. But I'm not going to be on the jury there, so who cares what I understand.

Odd the trial is still going then.
Not really, since there are other charges. Judge Engoron just ruled on the charges of fraud in summary judgment.

Apparently, the judge is a moron or crooked, since he doesn't understand the difference between market value and a tax assessment.

I don't see it holding up.
You also thought the gag order would be tossed and ruled unconstitutional, so forgive me if I don't rely on your legal expertise.

See above. I can understand why you would be confused but not the judge.
I'm not confused, and neither is Judge Engoron.

Ok. Keep telling yourself that. How is Biden doing in the polls?
Dunno, I don't pay much attention to them.

Statute? I thought this was about fraud. It's the fraud case without victims.
You do know what a statute is, don't you?

And you wonder why I choose not to rely on your legal acumen?

Just based on evidence.
Evidence that never seems to point where you think it points. At least, it isn't pointing toward impeachment or an indictment.

Well I remember where this started...

Accusations of Trump being a Russian asset, because of some wild blackmail nonsense. All false.
I don't know who made that claim, but it wasn't me. Maybe you should be arguing that point with whoever made that claim.

Now we're trying to hold him responsible for....making speculative assessments of real estate, something happening tens of thousands of times a day. It's a speculative market.
Nah, he's being held responsible for fraud. Which he's guilty of. There are other charges pending, though, so there may be more things he's guilty of.

Yet the trial continues.
Yep.

You seem unclear on the fact that there are other charges facing Trump. Tell me again why I should rely on your legal expertise?

Issues of liability? Is he liable for fraud or not?
Yup. To what extent is still to be determined.

The wire transfers from China to fake businesses to Biden should be plenty, but they want to get these crooks on record first.
Ah. So these supposed wire transfers directly and conclusively prove Biden is guilty of....um, what, exactly?

But I'm sure that will be in the articles of impeachment the House passed. Um, wait, where are those again....?

Nah...Democrats are playing defense. If he wins the election, he'll probably die in office. If he loses, he'll die in jail.
Your predictive powers haven't exactly impressed me to this point, dude.

I'm sorry to hear that.
Hey, it's a nice place to live. Could have better weather, though, but I can't complain. Well, I might if it snows....

Now it makes sense. You just want to pretend everything is fine until the big sleep arrives.
Wow, you really are terrible at thinking you understand people, aren't you?

I think I get why you support Trump so ardently now.

Hence, defamation.
Yup. And sexual assault.

I'm not sure what you mean here.
Trump supporters seem to think the Democratic party is so ruthlessly efficent that they were able to rig the 2020 election perfectly and successfully, leaving no trace whatsoever, and not one single person around anywhere to testify to their actions.

Blofeld would be proud.

Sorry, my mistake.

Topic of the thread buddy.
The topic is Trump being sued for inciting the January 6 riot. Your interpretation of Trump's actions as president isn't relevant to that topic.

You're upset...clearly.
Not at all. Dunno why you assumed that.

Go back and check out the OP. Trump’s charges are the topic. If me talking about it bothers you...perhaps a nap would help.
And yet, you weren't talking about Trump's charges at that point, you were talking about democrats and identity politics, black and white people...and cats, for some reason. To be honest, I have no idea what point you were going for there, but Trump's charges weren't even mentioned.

It's a big mess. The fact she had her own server wasn't some secret...it wasn't some revelation. If it wasn't hacked, we'd have never heard about it.

Everyone sending her classified information committed a crime. Everyone who failed to report her private email would be in dereliction of duty. Had anyone done their job correctly....she never would have been hacked. For some reason though....Everyone ignored it.

I mean, Bill Clinton, known to have been a passenger on Epstein's plane 20+ times. They aren't investigating.
And that relates to the topic of Trump's charges how, exactly?

Because I'm guessing guys your age forget stuff...like the topic of the thread.
Hey, I'm not the one talking about Biden and Hilary Clinton, dude.

Of any crime. You keep trying to make civil and criminal charges the same.
Nope, never. A fact that will also be confirmed in your next post when you fail to quote me saying that.

Perhaps it's like the topic of the thread....you keep forgetting.
Who brought up President Biden and Hilary Clinton again? Not me.

I can't remember the last time this many whistleblowers were sacrificing their jobs over the President's corruption....but you're older, maybe you can recall a similar situation.
Nah, Trump's corrupt activities are pretty unique, I'd have to say. Even Nixon's seem pale by comparison.

We were on the topic of Trump's charges, remember?

-- A2SG, since you seem so concerned about staying on topic here.....

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Because I'm not interested in supporting your performative ignorance.

You seriously linked a 45 page document without referencing a specific section that you believe is relevant to your point....

And I'm ignorant for not wasting my time playing some 45 page guessing game of what part of the indictment you think is relevant to your point?

Grow up.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You seriously linked a 45 page document without referencing a specific section that you believe is relevant to your point....
It's double spaced for crying out loud. Read the narrative for count #1 (pp 3-42). It's all of a whole thing.
And I'm ignorant for not wasting my time playing some 45 page guessing game of what part of the indictment you think is relevant to your point?
You're insistent that "incitement" must be involved to prove the case (so something like that). The best way to understand why the Special Counsel (and many analysts) disagree with that is to read the actual government description of Trump's alleged crimes. To write the reply you want I'd have to read it again (to ensure I am only writing about what is in the indictment) and take notes (and probably a few clippings) and then write up a summary and then you'd read my summary and take issue with something I summarized and we'd go back and forth. It would be quicker for both of us (but especially me) if you just spent 15 minutes to read the indictment.

I knew there was a reason I had you on ignore. Can you even handle reading paragraph #1?

Upvote 0