United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

The planning is in its early stages. But with encouraging signs that the outbreak has plateaued in New York after an aggressive but economically costly social-distancing campaign, President Donald Trump and his top economic advisers are once again boldly talking about returning Americans to work.

“We’re looking at the concept where we open sections of the country and we’re also looking at the concept where you open up everything,” Trump told Sean Hannity of Fox News on Tuesday night.

“We are coming down, I think, the home stretch, that’s what the health experts are telling us,” he said at a White House event. “Once we can reopen this thing, I think it’s going to be very successful.”

The S&P 500 surged 7% Monday on investor optimism that the U.S. and other countries were potentially turning the corner in the outbreak with a slowing death toll. The index fell slightly Tuesday.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Keeping the economy closed down could soon (by far) be killing more people than the Coronavirus.

There are many recently laid off due to the CV that are severely depressed.

My sons friend a business owner who was doing very well a couple of months ago with recently bought big new equipment that now thinks the end of his businesses is close, very, very close. His employees told to go look for work somewhere else when, there's no one anywhere hiring.

Get the USA machine fired back up ASAP.

M-Bob

Last edited:

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
New cases of CV in San Diego County have dropped from 150 reported cases a day to 50.
Hopefully a good sign.
Start firing up the machine.
Takes a while to warm that baby up.
M

• Optimistic
Reactions: Need answers
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks. I lean toward waiting longer, but I work from home. Waiting can mean more tests are available, more protective gear, antibody tests, and better data on potential vaccines or anti-virals. Pulling the trigger too soon could be risky in a lot of ways, including political.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

The planning is in its early stages. But with encouraging signs that the outbreak has plateaued in New York after an aggressive but economically costly social-distancing campaign, President Donald Trump and his top economic advisers are once again boldly talking about returning Americans to work.

“We’re looking at the concept where we open sections of the country and we’re also looking at the concept where you open up everything,” Trump told Sean Hannity of Fox News on Tuesday night.

“We are coming down, I think, the home stretch, that’s what the health experts are telling us,” he said at a White House event. “Once we can reopen this thing, I think it’s going to be very successful.”

The S&P 500 surged 7% Monday on investor optimism that the U.S. and other countries were potentially turning the corner in the outbreak with a slowing death toll. The index fell slightly Tuesday.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Keeping the economy closed down could soon (by far) be killing more people than the Coronavirus.

There are many recently laid off due to the CV that are severely depressed.

My sons friend a business owner who was doing very well a couple of months ago with recently bought big new equipment that now thinks the end of his businesses is close, very, very close. His employees told to go look for work somewhere else when, there's no one anywhere hiring.

Get the USA machine fired back up ASAP.

M-Bob
Some churches took his cue and are planning to be open for Easter. It may become a disaster.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some churches took his cue and are planning to be open for Easter. It may become a disaster.
They cant because Trump hasn't lifted Federal or State restrictions that are in place.. Perhaps they can take Trump's cue on that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well yeah, but a second wave would be devestating to america.

Devastating to any country.

The whole world for a long, long time will be suffering from the effects of CV.

Let up pray for all countries.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Devastating to any country.

The whole world for a long, long time will be suffering from the effects of CV.

Let up pray for all countries.

M-Bob
There will always be a morning after the night before. Sometimes the night before ppl don't focus on the morning after.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,908.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm really wondering how he plans to "reopen" the economy considering the stay-at-home orders are matter of state law not federal.
The states are just as interested in doing it. But I think they’re going to be a bit cautious to avoid a big second wave. I think the big question is when we’ll be in a position to do contact tracing. That requires lots of testing, something that keeps being promised but isn’t real yet. At least not in NY and NJ. By mid May it might be. I think that’s the first time we could consider relaxing.

Upvote 0