Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, if he's definitely said it won't be Snowden and ruled that out categorically then my guess is that it's Snowden.
I would bet almost anything that it will not be him. But whoever it is, a lot of handwringing will take place and a lot of fake outrage will be vented, even though prior presidents pardoned hundreds of people.

• Agree
Reactions: Hmm
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well, if he's definitely said it won't be Snowden and ruled that out categorically then my guess is that it's Snowden.
It should be Snowden.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,580.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I would bet almost anything that it will not be him. But whoever it is, a lot of handwringing will take place and a lot of fake outrage will be vented, even though prior presidents pardoned hundreds of people.
It's not about the amounts of pardons, it's about who he chooses to pardon. Every single person he's pardoned he's either had a connection to, was a Republican cause celebre, or a big celebrity advocated for to him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's not about the amounts of pardons, it's about who he chooses to pardon. .
Very well, I should have included in my comments a reference to the fact that prior presidents pardoned both unsavory characters and personal friends and benefactors.

Look it up--Obama's list, for example. You may be surprised.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,580.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Very well, I should have included in my comments a reference to the fact that prior presidents pardoned both unsavory characters and personal friends and benefactors.

Look it up--Obama's list, for example. You may be surprised.
And those pardons were criticized when they happened. But they didn't make up every single pardon like Trumps have so far. Pardons are supposed to correct injustice, not be given as a gift to who every catches the eyes of the President, and that is the appearance of Trump's pardons so far.

Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The number doesnt matter.

One thing that does matter a lot is: did the felon do you personal favors? Thats why the Mark Rich pardon was so bad, and the Stone pardon even worse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And those pardons were criticized when they happened.

There was some, yes. So why not wait to see how CNN, the NYTimes, et al handle this? And why is this thread even here at this time, before any pardon has been issued? We know the answer to that.

We recently saw the case of Roger Stone, who was as deserving of a commutation--NOT A PARDON, mind you--as anyone could be. So what happened there? Exactly the kind of thing I was referring to in post #8.

Upvote 0