Trinity Facts

THIS

I only want God's Truth
Apr 22, 2014
Hidden with Christ in God, see Colossians 3:3.
✟1,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the messianic lineage comes through Seth and not through cain.

Gen 4.25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

notice that Eve calls Seth another seed. it's the seed that will produce the messiah.t is the same seed refered to in Gen 3.15

Gen3,14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: 15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

it is the seed from Eve that will burise satans head or headship over man. Most everyone agrees verse 15 refers to Jesus.

GEn 4.16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden

Cain departed from the presence of the Lord, Seth did not. so the doctrine has biblical foundations apart from the parable you speak of.

So this is why I believe the sons of God that married daughters of men refers to Sethites, and not angels.

So then, you are claiming that because humans married those related to Seth it made giant offspring. How does that make sense?

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I found this.
I

The root אלה ('lh I) is the assumed root of the words אל (El), אלה (Eloah) and אלהים (Elohim). That is, if these words come from the same root in the first place—but if they do then that root would like אלה ('lh).

But whatever the etymology might be, in the Bible the words El and Elohim are most often associated with might or power. They are most often applied to God, but also to powerful men (for אל ('el): Ezekiel 31:11, Ezekiel 32:21 Job 41:17, 2 Kings 24:15, Isaiah 9:6; for אלההם ('elohim), see our article on the name Elohim). And sometimes our word אל ('el) means power directly, such as in Proverbs 3:27, Micah 2:1, Deuteronomy 28:32, Nehemiah 5:5 and Genesis 31:29: יש־לאל ידי (ys-l'l ydy), meaning "it is according to the power of my hand."

The word אלה ('eloah), also denoting God, appears to be a forced singular form derived from the curious plural word אלהים ('elohim) that's being used as a singular word anyway. The word אלה ('eloah) occurs mostly in the older parts of the Bible, and then again in the youngest parts, when the people under Ezra began to desire that old time religion, and associated phraseology.

Note that the form אל ('l) may also be:
•אל ('al), which is the Hebrew transliteration of the Arabic article that survives in English in words like alcohol and algebra. There are some words in the Hebrew Bible that are transliterations of Arabic words, which contain this article.
•אל ('al), particle of negation; not, no, neither.
•אל ('el) preposition that expresses motion towards someone or something; unto, into, besides, in reference to.
Elohim | The amazing name Elohim: meaning and etymology

If you go to the web site above you'll find several theories. The one that sticks out in my mind that I've heard before is that Elohim is a word the heathens used for gods, and the Hebrews borrowed that word and used it in a singular sense since their god is one god not gods.

but they are all theories.

Upvote 0

THIS

I only want God's Truth
Apr 22, 2014
Hidden with Christ in God, see Colossians 3:3.
✟1,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is God, One and the same as the Father, and the Holy Spirit.

There is only One.

The three are all the One and the same.

Many scripture show us this Truth.

The Spirit of Jesus is the Holy Spirit, who is God's Spirit.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
OH I forgot to mention a very important thing about my post #218 reposted here below
2dl#218 said:
the messianic lineage comes through Seth and not through cain.

Gen 4.25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

notice that Eve calls Seth another seed. it's the seed that will produce the messiah.t is the same seed refered to in Gen 3.15

Gen3,14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: 15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

it is the seed from Eve that will burise satans head or headship over man. Most everyone agrees verse 15 refers to Jesus.

GEn 4.16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden

Cain departed from the presence of the Lord, Seth did not. so the doctrine has biblical foundations apart from the parable you speak of.
Gen 4.25 and Gen 3.18 both say that Eve had a seed, but we all know that women do not have seed they have eggs, men have seed. So what gives. Seth is called 'another seed". gen 3.15 says the seed of Eve will bruise Satan's head. so what gives?
We know it is Jesus that bruises Satan's head, everyone agrees on that. so Seth is the seed that will bruise Satan's head. But how? Obviously it wasn't seth but was one of seth's offspring, namely Jesus. But that still doesn't answer the question how the seed of a woman can be Jesus. The seed of the woman is the seed that produced JEsus. Since women have eggs, including the woman Eve and Mary, then that means Mary had that seed that would bruise Satan's head inside her. that seed did not come from man, it came from God who created it in Mary's womb thus the reason it is called the woman's seed. If Jesus descended from a man, then gen. 3.15 and 4.25 could not have said that Eve's seed would bruise satan's head, it would have been adam's seed, not eve's.
it's kind of confusing. I mean I guess you could say the seed inside mary was her genealogy that produced the son of man. needs more investigation.

P>S> ok, it's some 20 min. later now, I think I just had a flash of angelic revelation on the subject. This is so cool, Not that I'm so smart, I'm not, but angels are. Anyway Jesus is the womans seed. gen. 3.25 says 'the woman's seed" it doesn't say Eve's seed. How does a woman have a seed?????? by God creating a seed inside her, just as god created man that way. See if say I had say half a liver, and God created in side me the other half of the liver, it would be my liver, just as the seed created in Mary by God is also called the woman's seed. But, Here's the cool part.

(KJV) Jeremiah 31:22
22 How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter?
for the Lord hath created a new thing in the earth,
A woman shall compass a man.

Mary compassed or went around a man because she had seed, she didn't need a man's seed, and Mary , the woman, had male seed cause God created a new thing in her that resulted in Jesus.

one last problem, why is Seth called a seed in Gen.4.25? I think it's because Eve was thinking Seth was the promised messiah, but Seth was only the woman's seed that would bruise Satan's head because his offspring resulted in the newly created seed that the woman Mary got from God.

Oh this is so cool, to me it is anyway. Well that nails it down for me, moving on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0