Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you explain that in eternity all things are handed over to the Father in the light of what is said about the 1000 yr reign of Christ?
Paul states this happens in "the end", AFTER Jesus has completed the job that Jehovah/YHVH God has given him to do. Conquer and rule the planet for 1,000 years, resurrect and judge EVERY human being that has ever lived, and destroy the wicked.
THEN Jehovah/YHVH God Himself will LEAVE heaven, and come to the earth to Dwell (Rev 21 & 22, John 14:23, Matt 5:8, Job 19:25-27, Psa 17:15)
At THAT point, Jehovah/YHVH God, shares his throne with Jesus (Rev 22:3)... again (Rev 3:21)... and Jesus is "subject to" his God (1 Cor 15:24-28).

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul states this happens in "the end", AFTER Jesus has completed the job that Jehovah/YHVH God has given him to do. Conquer and rule the planet for 1,000 years, resurrect and judge EVERY human being that has ever lived, and destroy the wicked.
THEN Jehovah/YHVH God Himself will LEAVE heaven, and come to the earth to Dwell (Rev 21 & 22, John 14:23, Matt 5:8, Job 19:25-27, Psa 17:15)
At THAT point, Jehovah/YHVH God, shares his throne with Jesus (Rev 22:3)... again (Rev 3:21)... and Jesus is "subject to" his God (1 Cor 15:24-28).
iow, mankind plus divinity will rule until all becomes divinity less the divine Godhead?

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
iow, mankind plus divinity will rule until all becomes divinity less the divine Godhead?
... Why?
What's wrong with the way the Scriptures state it?
Acts 17:30-31 And the times of this ignorance God overlooks; but now commandes all men every where to repent: 31 Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised him from the dead.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
... Why?
Acts 17:30-31 And the times of this ignorance God overlooks; but now commandes all men every where to repent: 31 Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised him from the dead.
Can you break that verse down please to state what you think each of the He, him, God refers to so as to be better able to understand what your saying. Thanks

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dartman said:
... Why?
Acts 17:30-31 And the times of this ignorance God overlooks; but now commandes all men every where to repent: 31 Because He (Jehovah/YHVH God) hath appointed a day, in the which He (Jehovah/YHVH God) will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom He (Jehovah/YHVH God) hath ordained; whereof He (Jehovah/YHVH God) hath given assurance unto all men, in that He (Jehovah/YHVH God)hath raised him (Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ) from the dead.
Can you break that verse down please to state what you think each of the He, him, God refers to so as to be better able to understand what your saying. Thanks
I am happy to. :cool:
I have identified each pronoun in the text.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Acts 17:30-31

And the times of this ignorance God overlooks;
but now (( GOD-added)) commandes all men every where to repent:
31 Because He (Jehovah/YHVH God) hath appointed a day,
in the which He (Jehovah/YHVH God) will judge the world in righteousness
by that man whom He (Jehovah/YHVH God) hath ordained;
whereof He (Jehovah/YHVH God) hath given assurance unto all men,
in that He (Jehovah/YHVH God)hath raised him (Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ) from the dead.

The setting is the message from Mars hill surrounded by the god's of Athens in which Paul was focused on naming the 'Unknown God' statue.
The time of ignorance being overlooked was the times of animal sacrifices that had been replaced with a new and better way, Christ's blood that was now in place for the removal (not just setting aside for another year) of that which blocked the way to God, the sin nature and the place of mercy to cleanse sins.
The sacrifice had been accepted and the propitiation achieved.
In raising Christ from the dead He(God) provided proof that He(Jesus Christ) would return to judge all the inhabitants of the world, guaranteed. In doing so He(God) has provided the proof to set faith on that it may lead to repentance.

That probably doesn't include the Great White Throne judgement at this time Revelation 20:11-15, 1 Peter 4:5 that both Peter and Paul attested to Acts 10:42, Acts 24:25

Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

in that He (Jehovah/YHVH God)hath raised him (Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ) from the dead.

The setting is the message from Mars hill surrounded by the god's of Athens in which Paul was focused on naming the 'Unknown God' statue.
The time of ignorance being overlooked was the times of animal sacrifices that had been replaced with a new and better way, Christ's blood that was now in place for the removal (not just setting aside for another year) of that which blocked the way to God, the sin nature and the place of mercy to cleanse sins.
The ignorance being overlooked is the worship of idols of gold, silver, stone, etc. (idolatry) (Acts 17:29).

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The sacrifice had been accepted and the propitiation achieved.
In raising Christ from the dead He(God) provided proof that He(Jesus Christ) would return to judge all the inhabitants of the world, guaranteed. In doing so He(God) has provided the proof to set faith on that it may lead to repentance.

That probably doesn't include the Great White Throne judgement at this time Revelation 20:11-15, 1 Peter 4:5 that both Peter and Paul attested to Acts 10:42, Acts 24:25
I would agree with gadar perets about the "times of ignorance". And I would include the "Great White Throne" judgment in the phrase "judge the world in righteousness.
I am curious why you think it probably isn't included?

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would agree with gadar perets about the "times of ignorance". And I would include the "Great White Throne" judgment in the phrase "judge the world in righteousness.
I am curious why you think it probably isn't included?
The Day of the Lord differs from the Great White Throne judgement. The scope of judging the world includes both. In referencing Israel (mistakenly) the first judgment doesn't include nonfollowers.

The point that gadar perets was trying to make was that Jesus is not God. Revelation 20:11 reveals the One judging to be God. Yet we have already established that God gave to Christ that responsibility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The point that gadar perets was trying to make was that Jesus is not God. Revelation 20:11 reveals the One judging to be God. Yet we have already established that God gave to Christ that responsibility.
I don't see Revelation 20:11 identifying the judge. Why do you say it is God when we are taught that God ordained Messiah Yeshua to be the judge of the living and the dead (Acts 10:42; Acts 17:31)?

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't see Revelation 20:11 identifying the judge. Why do you say it is God when we are taught that God ordained Messiah Yeshua to be the judge of the living and the dead (Acts 10:42; Acts 17:31)?
Because I don't see the description as being anything but.

Unfortunately I will discontinue this convo so as not to violate forum rules.

Upvote 0

GeorgeTwo

May 31, 2008
✟39,702.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Thank you! I hope and pray this is the beginning of you following the TRUE Jesus;
2 Cor 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached ...

The Scriptures warn about a DIFFERENT "Jesus"! And Paul was VERY worried about the coming trinitarian heresy!! (2 Cor 11:3-4, Acts 20:17, 26-31, 2 Thess 2:1-12) and, so was John (1 John 2:18-24, Rev 17, 18)
The BEST insurance against this deception is, STAND FAST on the "Jesus" we can read being preached to audiences in the Bible! It is NEVER a trinitarian Jesus, or a trinitarian God!! NEVER!

See commentary here to understand what Paul is saying:

Enduring Word Bible Commentary 2 Corinthians Chapter 11

Upvote 0

GeorgeTwo

May 31, 2008
✟39,702.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
This is a 3rd attempt to start a thread, in a part of the site that will allow discussions about the validity of the trinity. St Worm2 asked me to start this thread, so that we could discuss the issue in an appropriate thread, according to Forum guidelines.
So, to kick things off ... I have copied a portion of a previous post;

Please explain John 20:17, and Rev 3:12, in that Jesus CLEARLY states he has a God!
Please explain John 4:22, in that Jesus CLEARLY states he worships the God of the Jews!

Some have objected `How can Jesus be divine if He acknowledges God to be His God, as in the words to Mary, `Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, "I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God"'' (John 20:17)

It is to be noted that when Jesus said `I am ascending to My Father and your Father and to My God and to your God', He did not to say `I am ascending to our Father and our God.' Jesus had to make the distinction between My Father and your Father and My God and your God.

It is also to be noted that in Jesus' statement we see the two natures of Christ. The statement, "My Father", points to the divine nature of Christ. When Jesus healed the man who was paralysed for 38 years the Jews objected to the healing because it took place on the Sabbath.

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, `My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.' Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. (John 5:16-18)

The Jews understood the statement `My Father' as a claim to divinity. Had the Lord Jesus said `Our Father has been working' there would have been no problem. However, Jesus intentionally made the distinction as He did in John 20:17.

When Jesus said, `My Father ', there was the reference to the divine nature in Him. When He said, `your Father', it was because they were adopted as children due to His work of redemption. When Jesus said, `My God', there was the reference to His human nature which He acquired through the incarnation. When He said, `Your God', it was because they were His creatures. Thus the one who is a Son by nature becomes a slave by the incarnation, in order that those who are slaves by nature become sons by adoption.

(M. N. Anderson, used by written permission.)

Look at what else Jesus says in Revelation:

Revelation 1:17When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

Yet it is YHWH who is the First and the Last.

YHWH:

Isaiah 48: 12 "Listen to me, O Jacob,
Israel, whom I have called:
I am he;
I am the first and I am the last.

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some have objected `How can Jesus be divine if He acknowledges God to be His God, as in the words to Mary, `Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, "I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God"'' (John 20:17)

It is to be noted that when Jesus said `I am ascending to My Father and your Father and to My God and to your God', He did not to say `I am ascending to our Father and our God.' Jesus had to make the distinction between My Father and your Father and My God and your God.

It is also to be noted that in Jesus' statement we see the two natures of Christ. The statement, "My Father", points to the divine nature of Christ. When Jesus healed the man who was paralysed for 38 years the Jews objected to the healing because it took place on the Sabbath.

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, `My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.' Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. (John 5:16-18)

The Jews understood the statement `My Father' as a claim to divinity. Had the Lord Jesus said `Our Father has been working' there would have been no problem. However, Jesus intentionally made the distinction as He did in John 20:17.

When Jesus said, `My Father ', there was the reference to the divine nature in Him. When He said, `your Father', it was because they were adopted as children due to His work of redemption. When Jesus said, `My God', there was the reference to His human nature which He acquired through the incarnation. When He said, `Your God', it was because they were His creatures. Thus the one who is a Son by nature becomes a slave by the incarnation, in order that those who are slaves by nature become sons by adoption.

(M. N. Anderson, used by written permission.)
If Yeshua was referring to YHWH when he said, "my Father" and if the disciples "Father" ("your Father") was also YHWH, then we have the same Father as Yeshua. Just as Yeshua can say "my Father", I or any other disciple can say "my Father" as well. YHWH is the Father of Yeshua and all believers. He is "our Father". Yeshua taught us to pray "Our Father who art in heaven ..." Yes, Yeshua is YHWH's Son through begettal and we through adoption, but that does not change the fact that we have the same Father, "our Father".

Look at what else Jesus says in Revelation:

Revelation 1:17When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

Yet it is YHWH who is the First and the Last.

YHWH:

Isaiah 48: 12 "Listen to me, O Jacob,
Israel, whom I have called:
I am he;
I am the first and I am the last.
So what do you conclude by that? That YHWH (the Father) and Yeshua (the Son) are the same person? That goes against trinitarian teaching. The fact of the matter is that "the first and the last" is a title shared by the Father and the Son just as "haMaschiach" is a title shared by Yeshua and Cyrus. That does not make the two the same person. YHWH is the first and last being to be uncreated/eternal and Yeshua is the first and last being to be directly begotten by YHWH.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ignorance being overlooked is the worship of idols of gold, silver, stone, etc. (idolatry) (Acts 17:29).
Not completely. Otherwise there would have been no pagan sacrifices and meat offered to idle, dead idols

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not completely. Otherwise there would have been no pagan sacrifices and meat offered to idle, dead idols
My post was in reply to Cassia's post which said, "The time of ignorance being overlooked was the times of animal sacrifices that had been replaced with a new and better way, Christ's blood that was now in place for the removal (not just setting aside for another year) of that which blocked the way to God, the sin nature and the place of mercy to cleanse sins.
The sacrifice had been accepted and the propitiation achieved."

Cassia was saying the ignorance being overlooked was animal sacrifices under Torah's sacrificial system. The context of Acts 17 shows it had nothing to do with the sacrificial system, but to heathen idolatry (which would have included their own pagan sacrifices).

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My post was in reply to Cassia's post which said, "The time of ignorance being overlooked was the times of animal sacrifices that had been replaced with a new and better way, Christ's blood that was now in place for the removal (not just setting aside for another year) of that which blocked the way to God, the sin nature and the place of mercy to cleanse sins.
The sacrifice had been accepted and the propitiation achieved."

Cassia was saying the ignorance being overlooked was animal sacrifices under Torah's sacrificial system. The context of Acts 17 shows it had nothing to do with the sacrificial system, but to heathen idolatry (which would have included their own pagan sacrifices).
Yes I know that this is what you were showing

And I see that you have (and I appreciate that you hsve) acknowledged that there indeed were pagan sacrifices

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes I know that this is what you were showing

And I see that you have (and I appreciate that you hsve) acknowledged that there indeed were pagan sacrifices
Great. BTW, nice pic of (I assume) you and your daughter. I love her expression. :)

Upvote 0