✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course I could, if it was true.
It's not, and it's not relevant to the discussion.
You only asked the question as a diversion.
You are refusing to actually answer MY questions, and you just keep firing silly questions like this one.

Of course I did.
Ps 139:13-16 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
Now, I certainly have not been promised from the foundations of the earth, by the mouth of all God's holy prophets, like Jesus was. NOR am I anywhere near the Godly man Jesus was, and is! Which is why God anointed Jesus with God's own spirit, without measure, and sent him from Nazareth into the world!
Luke 4:18-21 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

miknik said:
You didn't come down from heaven
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

Now, quite stalling and address my point;
If this were true, then you would believe Jesus and his Father/God are one, JUST LIKE Jesus said in John 17:20-22..... OR, just like Jesus said in
Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
Are you suggesting that you could if it were given you?

There's nothing more to say
You have said enough

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He had his origin in heaven because that is where his Father was when he was conceived. He existed in the mind of YHWH and was then spoken into existence in Mary's womb. He did not clothe himself. YHWH fertilized Mary's egg with the exact DNA necessary to create a human male child. Once conceived, he grew as any normal child in a womb would.
Hello Gadar Perets.

Your reply contained the following points.
He had his origin in heaven because that is where his Father was when he was conceived. He existed in the mind of YHWH and was then spoken into existence in Mary's womb.
The scripture does not testify to your interpretation. The scripture declares that Jesus came down from above. Jesus had His own will that He even suppressed in order to do His Father's will.

John 6
62 What then if you see the Son of Man ascending to where He was before?

Jesus came from heaven, Jesus ascended back to the place of His origin, i.e., heaven, where He was before. Whereas you say that Jesus only existed in Bethlehem, if that were true, then, Jesus would be going to heaven for the first time. But Jesus was there before!

John 3:13
No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

Jesus came down from heaven, Jesus descended to earth, Jesus did not first exist at Bethlehem. Your distorting the scripture with your interpretation.

John 3:31
He who comes from above is above all, he who is of the earth is from the earth and speaks of the earth.

Jesus was from above, Jesus was not from Adam or from Bethlehem.

John 6
38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

Jesus had His own will and His own thoughts, Jesus suppressed His own will in order to implement His Father's will. If Jesus was a personified thought, he would not have a will of his own.

John 8
58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”

Jesus existed before Abraham existed, Jesus did not start His existence at Bethlehem.

John 13
3 Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come forth from God and was going back to God.

Jesus came from heaven, from God, not from Bethlehem, Jesus was returning to heaven. He came forth from God and was returning back to God. This is a round trip not a one way trip that Jesus follows.

John 16
28 I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; I am leaving the world again and going to the Father.

Jesus came from the Father, Jesus was sent, Jesus did not come from Bethlehem.

Romans 1:3
Concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh.

Jesus was born of a descendant of David, not the descendant of Mary. Before Mary even existed, Jesus in fact existed.
He did not clothe himself.
Yes He did, Jesus partook of the flesh.

Hebrews 2:14
Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same.
YHWH fertilized Mary's egg with the exact DNA necessary to create a human male child.
Incorrect gadar perets, Mary was only a surrogate mother, found to be with that child. A child that did not belong to her, a King that was not from her. Jesus was without biological Father or Mother, no genealogy to speak of.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You couldn't say it
dartman said:
Of course I could, if it was true.
It's not, and it's not relevant to the discussion.
You only asked the question as a diversion.
You are refusing to actually answer MY questions, and you just keep firing silly questions like this one.

Luke 4:18-21 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Miknik said:
You didn't come down from heaven
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

Now, quite stalling and address my point;
If this were true, then you would believe Jesus and his Father/God are one, JUST LIKE Jesus said in John 17:20-22..... OR, just like Jesus said in
Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
Of course not, we both know I never claimed to be, we both know you diverted the topic to this ludicrous point, simply to avoid answering my questions.
Stop wasting our time.
What you posted was a waste of my time sir

I can see that now

You sir, by claiming it could be, clearly show that you do not understand what you are suggesting

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is the answer you need sir
Since it appears you think that any other could be the CHRIST and HE is no different than any other:

JESUS came not only to "show us THE FATHER" but to model for every other son and daughter the exact relationship we, as children of GOD are supposed to have with THE FATHER who is in heaven

If the cup passed, we'd be lost and still dead in our sins

And HIS crying out in all things by supplication and prayer is a model of what we too are called to during our sufferings

Cry out to HIM
And anyone and everyone who calls on the name of THE LORD, shall be saved

It doesn't work the same way for just any or every other supposed man who somehow thinks he is a prophet

More than he should have known himself to be A WITNESS of JESUS to a lost world

Upvote 0
Sep 5, 2017
Stirling
✟15,309.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 John 5:7 is one of the best verses talking about trinity , however because of that devils usually remove this from new versions of Bible , you would need to go to KJV to this .

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 5:7 is one of the best verses talking about trinity , however because of that devils usually remove this from new versions of Bible , you would need to go to KJV to this .

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Thank you

But even 1 John 5:6 should have been sufficient

This is HE who came not by "water" only

One could tie that "water" back to John 4 to see if they can make a right judgement about what "water" is being discussed

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is significant that you would pick a verse invented by trinitarians, as "one of the best".
I would go even farther, and say it is the only.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Gadar Perets.

The scripture does not testify to your interpretation. The scripture declares that Jesus came down from above. Jesus had His own will that He even suppressed in order to do His Father's will.

John 6

Jesus came from heaven, Jesus ascended back to the place of His origin, i.e., heaven, where He was before. Whereas you say that Jesus only existed in Bethlehem, if that were true, then, Jesus would be going to heaven for the first time. But Jesus was there before!

No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

Jesus came down from heaven, Jesus descended to earth, Jesus did not first exist at Bethlehem. Your distorting the scripture with your interpretation.

He who comes from above is above all, he who is of the earth is from the earth and speaks of the earth.

Jesus was from above,
Yes, and so was EVERY prophet;
John 1:6-7 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

Yes, Jesus FREQUENTLY told the Jews, in parabolic language, that he "came down from heaven".

klutedavid said:
Jesus was not from Adam or from Bethlehem.
This statement contradicts the Scriptures.
Luke SPECIFICALLY lists Adam as Jesus' forefather, AND Scripture REPEATEDLY states Jesus is "of the seed of David", and is Abraham's "seed" (Gal 3). Genetically Jesus IS a Jew, of the tribe of Judah, a direct descendant of David, according to Paul's gospel (2 Tim 2:8)
Jesus WAS born, "came forth unto" Jehovah, in Bethlehem (Luke 1, Matt 2:1, Micah 5:2)

klutedavid said:
Jesus had His own will and His own thoughts, Jesus suppressed His own will in order to implement His Father's will. If Jesus was a personified thought, he would not have a will of his own.
Of course Jesus had his own spirit, will, and thoughts, which he subjected to his God's spirit, will and thoughts. Jesus stated plainly, "My Father is greater than I", and "Let Thy will be done, and NOT mine". So does EVERY human! You reasoning is flawed. This fact contradicts the trinitarian tenet of "co-equallity". This fact in NO WAY contradicts Jesus ONLY existing, prior to Bethlehem, as a promise, a plan in his God's mind.

Jer 1:4-5 Now the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee; I have appointed thee a prophet unto the nations.

klutedavid said:
John 8
58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”

Jesus existed before Abraham existed,
Of course! Just read Gen 3:15! Jesus IS there! He is a promise to Eve!
klutedavid said:
Jesus did not start His existence at Bethlehem.
Of course Jesus didn't literally exist before Bethlehem, but he clearly existed as God's promised Christ before creation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello Gadar Perets.

John 6

Jesus was from above, Jesus was not from Adam or from Bethlehem.

John 6
38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 8

Jesus existed before Abraham existed, Jesus did not start His existence at Bethlehem.

John 13
3 Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come forth from God and was going back to God.

Jesus came from heaven, from God, not from Bethlehem, Jesus was returning to heaven. He came forth from God and was returning back to God. This is a round trip not a one way trip that Jesus follows.

John 16
28 I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; I am leaving the world again and going to the Father.

Jesus came from the Father, Jesus was sent, Jesus did not come from Bethlehem.
Sorry for the late reply. I was not notified that someone replied.

I did not say Yeshua did not come down from heaven. He "existed" in the mind of his Father YHWH. At the appointed time, YHWH turned His plan of salvation that existed in His mind into reality by speaking His Son into existence in Mary's womb.

John 17:8 reads; "For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee , and they have believed that thou didst send me." The Greek word "exerchomai" translated "came out" specifically means to go out of something that you were inside of. In this case, Yeshua existed "inside" of YHWH in a similar sense that Levi existed inside the "loins of his father" before he was born (Hebrews 7:5-10). In that passage, Levi was not born yet, nor was his father Jacob. Yet, Levi was said to be in Abraham's loins (in the sense of future lineage). (The lineage of Messiah is spoken of in Micah 5:2 and it traces all the way back to his Father YHWH). While it is difficult to perceive of the Almighty having an "inside," that is what the text is saying. Yet, this, too, is figurative and equates with the mind of YHWH.

There will be those who will totally misunderstand my words, so let me clarify this. I am not suggesting the Almighty has "loins." Nor am I suggesting Yeshua was conceived in any manner similar to the manner in which all men are conceived (through procreation/copulation). YHWH is Spirit. His Holy Spirit "came upon" Miriam and miraculously caused her egg to receive the necessary DNA to create a 100% male child in her womb.

Luke 1:35 says, "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

Yeshua declared this truth in John 16:27-30 as well. "For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God [YHWH] . I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father. His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb. Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God [YHWH]."

Yes He did, Jesus partook of the flesh.

Hebrews 2:14
Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same.

This verse does not say he "clothed" himself. It simply means he partook/shared flesh just as every other human being does. We did not clothe ourselves in flesh and neither did he. However, we were both clothed in flesh by our Creator, Almighty YHWH.

Incorrect gadar perets, Mary was only a surrogate mother, found to be with that child. A child that did not belong to her, a King that was not from her. Jesus was without biological Father or Mother, no genealogy to speak of.
If she was only a surrogate mother, then Yeshua could not be from the lineage of David. He would be a spirit being from outerspace put inside her womb with no lineage to David. If he had no genealogy to speak of, then you are saying neither NT genealogy belongs to Mary.

The NT tell us Yeshua was "conceived". Mary was pregnant with a child developing in her womb from her egg that was fertilized.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It just occurred to me in reading the above post that of course having that lineage to the throne of David was absolutely essential for Jesus. But, Christ in His Risen state is said to be like the lineage of Melchezedec. Mary was the mother of Jesus but the bible says in Hebrews that Christ has no mother or father, no lineage. There is no mother or father of God.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It just occurred to me in reading the above post that of course having that lineage to the throne of David was absolutely essential for Jesus. But, Christ in His Risen state is said to be like the lineage of Melchezedec. Mary was the mother of Jesus but the bible says in Hebrews that Christ has no mother or father, no lineage. There is no mother or father of God.
Hebrews does not say Yeshua is without father or mother or lineage. That was written concerning Melchizedek who was made like unto the Son of God in that he has a continual priesthood. In fact, Hebrews 7:14 traces Yeshua's lineage from Judah;

"For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Judah; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood."​

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews does not say Yeshua is without father or mother or lineage. That was written concerning Melchizedek who was made like unto the Son of God in that he has a continual priesthood. In fact, Hebrews 7:14 traces Yeshua's lineage from Judah;

"For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Judah; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood."​
Yes, now that I think about it, sorry just waking up, He is there for the specific purpose of running interference with the Father to save us from the Father's wrath. His priesthood is the better priesthood to accomplish that which could not otherwise be accomplished by shadows. We need someone like Melchezedec in that Christ's reign is of peace and rightiousness , without beginning or end.

Me needs coffee lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for the late reply. I was not notified that someone replied.

I did not say Yeshua did not come down from heaven. He "existed" in the mind of his Father YHWH. At the appointed time, YHWH turned His plan of salvation that existed in His mind into reality by speaking His Son into existence in Mary's womb.

John 17:8 reads; "For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee , and they have believed that thou didst send me." The Greek word "exerchomai" translated "came out" specifically means to go out of something that you were inside of. In this case, Yeshua existed "inside" of YHWH in a similar sense that Levi existed inside the "loins of his father" before he was born (Hebrews 7:5-10). In that passage, Levi was not born yet, nor was his father Jacob. Yet, Levi was said to be in Abraham's loins (in the sense of future lineage). (The lineage of Messiah is spoken of in Micah 5:2 and it traces all the way back to his Father YHWH). While it is difficult to perceive of the Almighty having an "inside," that is what the text is saying. Yet, this, too, is figurative and equates with the mind of YHWH.

There will be those who will totally misunderstand my words, so let me clarify this. I am not suggesting the Almighty has "loins." Nor am I suggesting Yeshua was conceived in any manner similar to the manner in which all men are conceived (through procreation/copulation). YHWH is Spirit. His Holy Spirit "came upon" Miriam and miraculously caused her egg to receive the necessary DNA to create a 100% male child in her womb.

Luke 1:35 says, "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

Yeshua declared this truth in John 16:27-30 as well. "For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God [YHWH] . I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father. His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb. Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God [YHWH]."

This verse does not say he "clothed" himself. It simply means he partook/shared flesh just as every other human being does. We did not clothe ourselves in flesh and neither did he. However, we were both clothed in flesh by our Creator, Almighty YHWH.

If she was only a surrogate mother, then Yeshua could not be from the lineage of David. He would be a spirit being from outerspace put inside her womb with no lineage to David. If he had no genealogy to speak of, then you are saying neither NT genealogy belongs to Mary.

The NT tell us Yeshua was "conceived". Mary was pregnant with a child developing in her womb from her egg that was fertilized.
What do you think is meant by 2 John 1:7?

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It just occurred to me in reading the above post that of course having that lineage to the throne of David was absolutely essential for Jesus. But, Christ in His Risen state is said to be like the lineage of Melchezedec.
The comparison to Melchezedec is regarding 2 similarities;
1) Both Melchezedec and Jesus are NOT of the tribe of Levi.
2) Both Melchezedec and Jesus ALSO are Kings, Melchezedec about 4,000 years ago, Jesus when he returns.

Cassia said:
Mary was the mother of Jesus but the bible says in Hebrews that Christ has no mother or father, no lineage.
No, that's discussing Melchezedec. AND, it isn't saying he didn't have a mother or a father at ALL ... it is indicating he didn't have any LINEAGE that qualified him to be "high priest".
Cassia said:
There is no mother or father of God.
Absolutely true .... which is yet ANOTHER proof that Jesus is NOT God.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The comparison to Melchezedec is regarding 2 similarities;
1) Both Melchezedec and Jesus are NOT of the tribe of Levi.
2) Both Melchezedec and Jesus ALSO are Kings, Melchezedec about 4,000 years ago, Jesus when he returns.

No, that's discussing Melchezedec. AND, it isn't saying he didn't have a mother or a father at ALL ... it is indicating he didn't have any LINEAGE that qualified him to be "high priest". Absolutely true .... which is yet ANOTHER proof that Jesus is NOT God.
How do you explain that in eternity all things are handed over to the Father in the light of what is said about the 1000 yr reign of Christ?

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What do you think is meant by 2 John 1:7?
You quoted the ASV:

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are gone forth into the world, even they that confess not that Jesus Christ cometh in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.​

False teachers, most likely Gnostics which held varying beliefs about Messiah, were teaching that Messiah Yeshua was not a literal flesh and blood man. Some Gnostics believed Messiah was the embodiment of God who became man to bring gnosis (knowledge) to the earth, while others denied that God came in the flesh, claiming Yeshua was a human who attained divinity through gnosis. As I understand it, both Gnostic variations were wrong. God (Father YHWH) did not become a man and Yeshua did not become divine through gnosis (knowledge).

I believe John was warning believers to not believe false teachers that denied Yeshua came as a literal flesh and blood man.

Upvote 0