Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I simply do not believe in using the Scriptures to attack transgender peoples dignity

Jesus Christ replied to Satan
Matthew 4:10
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written (scripture), Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Satans dignity must have been offended by the LORD

Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
You can love them, but you don't have to agree with what they do. The subject here (since that seems to be what you want to stick exclusively to) is the Transgender ideology.

It's not an ideology, and saying it is, is insulting to people who have often endured a great deal of struggle in their lives.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus Christ replied to Satan
Matthew 4:10
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written (scripture), Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Satans dignity must have been offended by the LORD

Stop confusing yourself with God, or one of these days God may put you in your place.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,120.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Canada has a different legal system than in the US, obviously, but I don't really see this as totalitarian. It sounds more like compensation for slander/libel. This isn't just merely about using the wrong pronoun, but attacking someone's character and dignity.

Saying the truth that everyone knows about someone is slander or libel? my God what is this world.

The whole world agrees he is a biological male before 'converting', what is so offensive telling that, you can't deny your past, and is not something to be ashamed people are born male and female since God made it all.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The whole world agrees he is a biological male before 'converting', what is so offensive telling that, you can't deny your past, and is not something to be ashamed people are born male and female since God made it all.

God can make people whatever God wills. Creation is not a past event, the world is not an artifact of a Deist God.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't see Creation as continuous but rather as a past event, that is what I understand the Bible to be saying (for on the seventh day God rested from his work of creation). I don't think saying that entails adopting a deist conception of God who wound it up. Because in Christ, God re-entered His creation. But God set in place the orders of creation including Male and Female, he doesn't continually create, but still sustains the creation. What we have are generations of the original creation, not new types of human gender. Because creation is now fallen, things are not now as they were meant to be. In Christ God is now redeeming and restoring creation. Creation, Fall, Redemption, Restoration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's not an ideology, and saying it is, is insulting to people who have often endured a great deal of struggle in their lives.

A person could say the same thing about anything else, and thereby dismiss any opposing views on the topic.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Stop confusing yourself with God, or one of these days God may put you in your place.

He quoted you what the scriptures say. Does a person have to be God to read scripture?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God can make people whatever God wills. Creation is not a past event, the world is not an artifact of a Deist God.

Yes, and from the beginning He created them male and female. It's humans who have started changing that by simply denying what they were created to be.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, and from the beginning He created them male and female. It's humans who have started changing that by simply denying what they were created to be.

Greek philosophy masquerading as revelation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Creation is a past event..

Not according to the traditional Lutheran understanding. The world is not an artifact, but is a place where God is present and making all things new.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
He quoted you what the scriptures say. Does a person have to be God to read scripture?

No, he did more than that. "Satan's dignity must have been offended" is implying an inference in the text that he knows God's mind in all things.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
A person could say the same thing about anything else, and thereby dismiss any opposing views on the topic.

That's your whole problem, you treat the real lives of actual persons as merely debating points, and therefore prove yourself foreign to the Mind of Christ.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Greek philosophy masquerading as revelation.

Actually, it's scripture backed up by scripture. Do you want to start debating what is actually written? Or do you want to pose the idea that God now creates humans as 150 different politically-correct genders that can be changed at will?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually, it's scripture backed up by scripture. Do you want to start debating what is actually written? Or do you want to pose the idea that God now creates humans as 150 different politically-correct genders that can be changed at will?

I don't have to prove anything, just merely accept people as I encounter them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, he did more than that. "Satan's dignity must have been offended" is implying an inference in the text that he knows God's mind in all things.

First of all, he was referring to Satan's dignity, not God's. Besides that, how would the inference that ANYone's dignity may have been offended be an indication of knowing "all things"? It's only a reference to one thing.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't have to prove anything, just merely accept people as I encounter them.

Do you also accept what they do, and even give hearty approval to all things they do?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
First of all, he was referring to Satan's dignity, not God's.

He was still implying in his usage of that text gives him the ability to know God's mind.

Instrumentalizing the Scriptures is another thing that the Greco-Roman Synthesis often did, and is just the sort of thing Luther was criticizing. The Word forms us through Law and Gospel, it is not a weapon we are free to use to beat down other people... that shows a clear lack of Christian charity that is again not the Mind of Christ.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's your whole problem, you treat the real lives of actual persons as merely debating points, and therefore prove yourself foreign to the Mind of Christ.

Now you're trying to determine me to be foreign to the "Mind of Christ." What ever happened to accepting people as you encounter them?
As for your evaluation of what I'm doing, I'm not treating anyone as a debating point. We're talking about actions and ideologies here.

Upvote 0