Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Even more importantly, how do the female competitors who were never previously a man feel about it?

"However, despite her own enthusiasm, Gregory's win seems to have angered a few other athletes, including former British Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies and British track Olympian Kelly Holmes.

Davies took to Twitter to express her disdain over Gregory competing as a woman, writing, "This is a trans woman a male body with male physiology setting a world record & winning a woman’s event in America in powerlifting. A woman with female biology cannot compete. It’s a pointless unfair playing field."

Piggybacking on Davies' sentiment, Holmes chimed in, writing Gregory's record-setting was "a bloody joke" and that biological women may start to "boycott certain events."

"Have a trans category if need be but even better a trans games," she continued. "Otherwise i’m starting to worry about the backlash and abuse that the trans community will get from spectators. It will happen!"

Davies, a vocal supporter of Fair Play For Women, a group which describes itself as being "concerned about the impact of transgender policy on the participation of women and girls in sport," later returned to social media to double down on her critique.

"The reason we have men & women’s races are because we are biologically different," she wrote. "Performance 100% confirms that. The reason steroids (including testosterone) are on the banned list is because using them gives you an advantage. FairPlay is racing by biology by sex not by gender."
Transgender weightlifter smashes women's world records, sparking backlash from Olympians

FairPlay was begun by Dr. Nicola Williams, who is a TERF (trans-exclusionary radical feminist). She represents bigotry and ideological extremism under the guise of a plea for justice. This is not unlike the sensationalist propaganda that extremist groups often engage in, in Britain and the US.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For those curious, here is the actual decision. It's long, but my read of it is that the OP is inaccurate or misleading at best. He wasn't fined because he called her a "biological male." He was fined because his flyer was seen as discriminatory because it was saying she was unfit for political office for no other reason than her gender identity. The US is fairly unique in how we treat free speech. Most other countries which have free speech are more likely to balance the right to speak your mind with other people's rights. https://www.massresistance.org/docs...es3/58_Oger_v_Whatcott_No_7_2019_BCHRT_58.pdf

And as for the complaint about truth not being a defense, the Tribunal was working based on a previous Supreme Court case.
Remember keep your free speech within the box
#freedom

Personal opinion Christian should stay out of politics

Don't do a thing but divide what should be united

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Remember keep your free speech within the box
#freedom

Personal opinion Christian should stay out of politics

Don't do a thing but divide what should be united
It's a principle of Canadian, and honestly most countries, law that your right to free speech ends when you infringe on somebody else's rights.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
FairPlay was begun by Dr. Nicola Williams, who is a TERF (trans-exclusionary radical feminist). She represents bigotry and ideological extremism under the guise of a plea for justice. This is not unlike the sensationalist propaganda that extremist groups often engage in, in Britain and the US.

You know, I sometimes identify myself as being a 6 year old boy, even though I am well into my 40s. I hope someday soon, I'll have the right to be recognized as a 6 year old boy. Then I could go back to 1st grade and compete in gym class with kids of the same age as I identify with, and then I could win at every game, and get straight "A"s in class in every subject and could beat up any kid who looks at me funny. I could even be recognized as a prodigy--a 6 year old with the knowledge of what we'd normally expect of someone with a lifetime of experience.
However....I'm still discriminated against. All those safeguards to "protect" kids by excluding people like me. Oh, when will it end? When will people realize Aldebaran is a 6 year old boy? :D

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then that is not free speech for example

If a atheist says he hates Christians and hopes they all die regardless it IS his right to express how he feels it don't matter the slightest it "makes some people upset" ONLY when the speech is calling for PHYSICAL actions that infringes on others right has it left just speech for now its action

World is to feelings based its why every generation is weaker then the last no one can say anything if someone might be offended

Literally my new job put us threw "what is harassment"

Regardless of what you mean grounds for harassment lays solely on how it was taken by the offened party EVEN if you can PROVE you didn't mean it that way you WILL still be in trouble this is a dangerous road that's going to lead to 100%censorship but since everyone is ignorant of history no one sees why freedom of speech is a must for a supposed free people

Remember you can only say what the powers that be allow you to and they will call that free speech
It's a principle of Canadian, and honestly most countries, law that your right to free speech ends when you infringe on somebody else's rights.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then that is not free speech for example

If a atheist says he hates Christians and hopes they all die regardless it IS his right to express how he feels it don't matter the slightest it "makes some people upset" ONLY when the speech is calling for PHYSICAL actions that infringes on others right has it left just speech for now its action

World is to feelings based its why every generation is weaker then the last no one can say anything if someone might be offended

Literally my new job put us threw "what is harassment"

Regardless of what you mean grounds for harassment lays solely on how it was taken by the offened party EVEN if you can PROVE you didn't mean it that way you WILL still be in trouble this is a dangerous road that's going to lead to 100%censorship but since everyone is ignorant of history no one sees why freedom of speech is a must for a supposed free people

Remember you can only say what the powers that be allow you to and they will call that free speech

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"The reason we have men & women’s races are because we are biologically different,"

God created them different. Man is trying to changing that therefor if it is not of GOD (good) it must be of Satan (evil).

My statement above should cost me about $300,000 but it is the truth

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
You know, I sometimes identify myself as being a 6 year old boy, even though I am well into my 40s. I hope someday soon, I'll have the right to be recognized as a 6 year old boy. ...:D

That simply trivializes the lives of transpeople I know. It comes from a place of ugliness and cruelty: I won't validate it.

I hope this thread is closed because I don't see the point is starting a thread where half the argument is presumed to be right and the other half is presumed to be un-Christian, no matter how cruel the "Christian" side is.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That simply trivializes the lives of transpeople I know. It comes from a place of ugliness and cruelty: I won't validate it.

I hope this thread is closed because I don't see the point is starting a thread where half the argument is presumed to be right and the other half is presumed to be un-Christian, no matter how cruel the "Christian" side is.

But it also falls in line with the idea that we are expected to recognize people for whatever they say they happen to see themselves as at the moment. Ever heard of Gender Fluid? That describes the ones who don't feel they fit into any of the 150 or so made-up genders. And that's just talking about genders. Then you have people (on the Left, of course) who like to see themselves as other than what they are. Among those running for president, we have Kamala Harris who wants to be identified as black, Beto ORourke who wants to be seen as Hispanic, and Elizabeth Warren who wants to be Native American. So, if we can be whatever gender and race we want to be, why stop there? Let's go all the way and be totally liberal with the things we can redefine!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
But it also falls in line with the idea that we are expected to recognize people for whatever they say they happen to see themselves as at the moment. Ever heard of Gender Fluid? That describes the ones who don't feel they fit into any of the 150 or so made-up genders. And that's just talking about genders. Then you have people (on the Left, of course) who like to see themselves as other than what they are. Among those running for president, we have Kamala Harris who wants to be identified as black, Beto ORourke who wants to be seen as Hispanic, and Elizabeth Warren who wants to be Native American. So, if we can be whatever gender and race we want to be, why stop there? Let's go all the way and be totally liberal with the things we can redefine!

I refuse to confuse abstract debates about gender with the concrete lives of transpersons I encounter in my vocation.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I refuse to confuse abstract debates about gender with the concrete lives of transpersons I encounter in my vocation.

It's your right to disagree with me.
Others may have a problem with it though:
Genesis 5:2--Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Daniel 8:12--And on account of transgression the host will be given over to the horn along with the regular sacrifice; and it will fling truth to the ground and perform its will and prosper.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It's your right to disagree with me.
Others may have a problem with it though:
Genesis 5:2--Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Daniel 8:12--And on account of transgression the host will be given over to the horn along with the regular sacrifice; and it will fling truth to the ground and perform its will and prosper.

Greek-based philosophizing about the Scriptures is not the Way of the Cross. Luther himself in the Heidelberg Disputations implied that God is hidden in what is weak and despised. Therefore, I do not find your logic at all persuasive. I prefer my ethics to be shaped by the Theology of the Cross.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
God created them different. Man is trying to changing that therefor if it is not of GOD (good) it must be of Satan (evil).

My statement above should cost me about $300,000 but it is the truth

A perfect example of Greek logic and not God's logic as revealed in Jesus Christ. Aristotilian logic is not God's logic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A perfect example of Greek logic and not God's logic as revealed in Jesus Christ. Aristotilian logic is not God's logic.

If by "Greek Theology", you mean referring to the scriptures for guidance, then where do you get yours from? As for what the scriptures say about women:

1 Peter 3:7--"7 Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

Does this seem to you that perhaps women were made differently by God, or are they exactly the same as a man, and can even become a man if they want to?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Greek-based philosophizing about the Scriptures is not the Way of the Cross. Luther himself in the Heidelberg Disputations implied that God is hidden in what is weak and despised.

Nothing is more weak and despised than an aborted baby. Would the same hold up for special interest groups that try to tell us that we are not male and female, but rather 150 made-up genders and that it's a toss-up as to which one we are until we decide what it is?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
If by "Greek Theology", you mean referring to the scriptures for guidance, then where do you get yours from? As for what the scriptures say about women:

The Scriptures are a guide to faith, but not an exhaustive guide to human conduct. Ethics involves dynamic interaction with concrete subjects- that is what love is, openness to the other, the sort of servanthood Christ demonstrated. It is intersubjective, and not the changeless reality that is more the result of Greek metaphysics than Christ.

Does this seem to you that perhaps women were made differently by God, or are they exactly the same as a man, and can even become a man if they want to?

All persons are equal in dignity and worth.

I simply do not believe in using the Scriptures to attack transgender peoples dignity. People who do so risk hellfire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Nothing is more weak and despised than an aborted baby.

We aren't discussing the ethics of abortion so that's merely diverting from the topic.

Would the same hold up for special interest groups that try to tell us that we are not male and female, but rather 150 made-up genders and that it's a toss-up as to which one we are until we decide what it is?

I don't interact with special interest groups, I interact with real people. And Christ told me to love my neighbor as myself.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't interact with special interest groups, I interact with real people. And Christ told me to love my neighbor as myself.

You can love them, but you don't have to agree with what they do. The subject here (since that seems to be what you want to stick exclusively to) is the Transgender ideology.

Upvote 0