Transgender Activists Hold Irreverent Funeral for Atheist Prostitute at St. Patrick’s Cathedral

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It is a great perversion of Scripture to imply that the spirit and soul of a man are somehow asleep and have no knowledge of their state after death.

It is the cults who deny the doctrine of eternal punishment that push this false teaching, which can easily be refuted by the light of Holy Scripture.

From the perspective of man, the body which lies in the grave indeed may look like it is asleep until the day of judgement, but the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecc 12:7).

Christ promised the thief on the cross that he would be in paradise with Him that day. What type of paradise is it if a person is asleep and can't experience it?

Paul said to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. What benefit is it to be with the Lord if a person is not awake to know it?

Christ's parable about the rich man and the beggar would be a lie if both of them in Heaven and Hell did not know where they were.

The following verses in Revelation describe those who have died in the Lord and were able to speak before the day of judgement. How would this be possible is they were asleep?

Rev 6:9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"

Eternal life does not begin after death or at the resurrection of the dead, but immediately a person is granted the gift of repentance and faith in Christ Jesus, who said "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26.
Again, this is not a theological debate thread.

Blessings

Upvote 0

maxamir

Apr 1, 2023
QLD
✟20,440.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, this is not a theological debate thread.

Blessings
For a Christian, everything is related to what God's word says and they should always be sanctified in His word and be ready to give a reason for the hope that is in them and when necessary to expose and rebuke those who are in error with meekness and reverence, no matter what any thread may be about.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
For a Christian, everything is related to what God's word says and they should always be sanctified in His word and be ready to give a reason for the hope that is in them and when necessary to expose and rebuke those who are in error with meekness and reverence, no matter what any thread may be about.
A lot of Churches believe that those who died as unbelievers, like this transgender person did. Will have another chance at salvation. I was watching a popular Tele evangelist named Richard Ames, from an organization called "Tomorrows World".

He was teaching from the book of revelation. He referred to several passages which seem to suggest that those who died as unbelievers will have another opportunity to accept the Lord at the resurrection. He also quoted some verses which seem to suggest that the dead are asleep and they have no concept of time.

They were offering a free booklet which explains in detail, what happens after death. Mr. Ames, sounded very sure that his interpretation was absolutely solid. He sealed the deal by referring to the second death as proof that those who are cast into the lake of fire are burned up and they cease to exist.

I personally don't agree with his interpretation, but I'm sure millions would because it sounds plausible and logical.

Upvote 0

maxamir

Apr 1, 2023
QLD
✟20,440.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A lot of Churches believe that those who died as unbelievers, like this transgender person did. Will have another chance at salvation. I was watching a popular Tele evangelist named Richard Ames, from an organization called "Tomorrows World".

He was teaching from the book of revelation. He referred to several passages which seem to suggest that those who died as unbelievers will have another opportunity to accept the Lord at the resurrection. He also quoted some verses which seem to suggest that the dead are asleep and they have no concept of time.

They were offering a free booklet which explains in detail, what happens after death. Mr. Ames, sounded very sure that his interpretation was absolutely solid. He sealed the deal by referring to the second death as proof that those who are cast into the lake of fire are burned up and they cease to exist.

I personally don't agree with his interpretation, but I'm sure millions would because it sounds plausible and logical.
Mat_24:24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Reactions: Dan1988
Upvote 0