Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
With Chick's passing, some thoughts come to mind. I wonder if anyone ever confronted Chick in a kind way. What would one say to him? How does his gospel need to be corrected? If he and his readers believed what he wrote, where would it lead to? Even in the afterlife?

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
With Chick's passing, some thoughts come to mind. I wonder if anyone ever confronted Chick in a kind way. What would one say to him? How does his gospel need to be corrected? If he and his readers believed what he wrote, where would it lead to? Even in the afterlife?

I suspect it wouldn't have changed anything. Chick Publications is a business and their primary goal is to make money. Like any talking head these days, the only way to compete and distinguish yourself is to be more over the top controversial than the rest of the industry. His tactics were very much intentional.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I wonder if he lived a quite comfortable life.

I know he was extremely reclusive. Sometimes I wonder if he was that way because he wasn't exactly a fundamentalist Christian in real life and he didn't want the craziness to follow him around, lol.

Upvote 0

JustHereToTalk

Feb 20, 2016
US
✟24,020.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
1. What do you think about people handing out religious literature and tracts? Why?

2. What do you think of chick tracts in particular? Why? www.chick.com

Chick tracts tend to be mockeries of the Bible which make me cringe for Christians almost every time I read one. :|

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
With Chick's passing, some thoughts come to mind. I wonder if anyone ever confronted Chick in a kind way. What would one say to him? How does his gospel need to be corrected?

Since he is a public figure, naturally hundreds of people have tried. Public religious figures receive loads of feedback. I can recall reading his answers to some reader feedback somewhere, he naturally took the same superior, Bible-quoting, uncompromising, hellfire-mongering stance, as his comic book characters do.

If he and his readers believed what he wrote, where would it lead to? Even in the afterlife?

If we go by the law of karma and re-incarnation, in his next life, he should be someone who is very afraid all of his life. Promoting fear is what he spent his life doing, it would be natural if he spent his next life being afraid.

Upvote 0

J-Man70

Feb 6, 2017
Southport, NC
✟10,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. What do you think about people handing out religious literature and tracts? Why?

It depends. If you're just standing there on the sidewalk handing them out to passersby, then I don't think that's the right approach. If you wanted to leave some on a table in a waiting area (eg. doctors office) or leave one for a waitress along with a tip, that's fine.

Another good way to do it is to hold a public church praise and worship dance performance in a park or other public area, allow an audience of interested spectators to gather, then after the performance hand out the tracts with your church's name, address and service times on the back. That's what my church does and it's very effective!

2. What do you think of chick tracts in particular? Why? www.chick.com

I like their basic gospel message tracts. They're effective and keep the reader interested. I do NOT like how they try and tell people that non-KJV Bible versions and Christian rock bands are evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey "Alfred E. Neuman" you used to me my favorite comic book character!
Why, thank you, Arthra!

I used to read me all the time! ^_^

(Note: Technically I'm not a comic book though. I'm a magazine.)

Reactions: Arthra
Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Why, thank you, Arthra!

I used to read me all the time! ^_^

(Note: Technically I'm not a comic book though. I'm a magazine.)

It was also a pretty decent animated series from Warner Brothers that ran on Cartoon Network a few years ago. Kind of like Robot Chicken for kids.

• Informative
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It was also a pretty decent animated series from Warner Brothers that ran on Cartoon Network a few years ago. Kind of like Robot Chicken for kids.
I didn't know that.

I think it was some kind of TV channel too.

(They ran me into the ground! :eek:)

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't know that.

I think it was some kind of TV channel too.

(They ran me into the ground! :eek:)

Yeah, that's right...there was a live action show too which was like a Saturday Night Live and In Living Color mix

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I haven't read the previous posts, but I kind of enjoy Chick comics. I wonder if anybody else enjoys them?

They are a riot! I especially like Dark Dungeons. The separation between Chick's imagination and reality always cracks me up.

Oh, I like the movie version of Dark Dungeons. It wasn't made by Chick, but rather by the makers of Dorkness Rising. What's especially funny about the movie is that it plays the story absolutely straight. Well worth watching!

eudaimonia,

Mark

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0