Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm the local Ignostic of the bunch.
Even I've seen chick tracts about. I wonder what with your first remarks there, how do you think you appear in using words to demonstrate your living the good news in this thread to people like me?
You are correct, that would be hypocrisy. But that's not what I'm doing. I'm not using words to try to demonstrate Christ is living in me in this thread. I am not trying to do that in any thread here. I am talking to others about mutually interesting topics. Like anyone, if they want to know if Christ lives in me, they will have to watch me in real life.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Currently watching The Bible Reloaded. They're doing reading of a Chick Tract so bad even Chick publications banned it and have made an effort to sweep it under the rug. All of this in the honor of his recent death.

Uh yeah, so far it seems pretty x-rated for a Chick Tract. Usually these things are passed on to children, and this definitely isn't appropriate. So far it includes, incest, rape.. and I'm still in the beginning of it, so yeah it will probably get much worse..

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Currently watching The Bible Reloaded. They're doing reading of a Chick Tract so bad even Chick publications banned it and have made an effort to sweep it under the rug. All of this in the honor of his recent death.

Uh yeah, so far it seems pretty x-rated for a Chick Tract. Usually these things are passed on to children, and this definitely isn't appropriate. So far it includes, incest, rape.. and I'm still in the beginning of it, so yeah it will probably get much worse..
Sounds a lot like "50 years in the church" by charles chiniquoy.(an expose long ago of what was going on from the inside scoop) .
I found out this from a immigrant from Belarus after the radiation problem there.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh wow. The tract is pretty much about a child rapist (who also lends his daughter to his rapist friend) who gets caught raping his own daughter. The very doctor who discovers all of this decides to not call the authorities, but to instead evangelize to him. He ends up accepting Jesus into his heart and is instantly transformed to a depressed man fearing he'll face years in prison to a happy and go lucky guy who is full of life. He then heads back home and has a talk with his wife (who's been beating the daughter) and he evangelizes to her and she accepts Jesus too. They both finally go into the house and tell their daughter (who's like 5 and carrying a teddy bear) that they both are not going to be abusing her anymore and that Jesus loves her.

Yikes. I mean usually Jack Chick tracts are funny and amusing. This one was just dark and incredibly serious. And yeah in the video they question who is this aimed for, apparently this is a tract for child molesters. With dangerous and.. pretty heinous advice.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
And yeah in the video they question who is this aimed for, apparently this is a tract for child molesters.
This is an ever increasing problem in the united states, europe, africa, and many other places
and most governments ignore it OR TAKE PART IN DOING THE EVIL and PROFITING FROM IT
and many chruches also.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is an ever increasing problem in the united states, europe, africa, and many other places
and most governments ignore it OR TAKE PART IN DOING THE EVIL and PROFITING FROM IT
and many chruches also.

Ever increasing?

I'm sure they need some help (they also need to face the justice system, not just say sorry to Jesus and get on with their life..), but this tract went about it in a totally bad way.

I mean yeah, at least they came to their senses and took the tract out of circulation.

People don't just magically transform into decent people because they accepted Jesus into their hearts. I mean I guess this tract shows that Chick really believes that happens. I don't know, after watching that video I'm a little more put off by him now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
but this tract went about it in a totally bad way.
Y'SHUA HIMSELF was killed/ crucified for doing HIS preaching "in a totally bad way" according to those who sought HIS death.
Likewise almost all the Apostles, and many many disciples were put to death for preaching and testifying "in a totally bad way" according to the Jews and other cults of society and governments all around the world.

IF a "good way" was possible, YHWH would know , wouldn't HE ?
Yet YHWH and Y'SHUA , when they called men, called them TO DIE... and told them so... they did not hide this from them.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Is the one they're doing called Lisa?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

I'm still not sure I understand why the question was asked to begin with, and I'm just as perplexed as to your affirmation.

Is it in regard to people being critical of Jack Chick's hate literature?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is the one they're doing called Lisa?

-CryptoLutheran
The tract is called Lisa, yeah.

They were originally were never going to cover it because of the disturbing material, but they decided to do a send him off him by reading his worst track. At the end of the video, a bunch of Youtube atheist channels gave their farewell speeches to Chick.

The end of an era.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The tract is called Lisa, yeah.

They were originally were never going to cover it because of the disturbing material, but they decided to do a send him off him by reading his worst track. At the end of the video, a bunch of Youtube atheist channels gave their farewell speeches to Chick.

The end of an era.

I'd heard of "Lisa", and I think I even tracked it down online once but the subject matter was entirely too awful, I don't recall if I actually read it or called it quits. I know that it's pretty infamous.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
1. What do you think about people handing out religious literature and tracts? Why?

2. What do you think of chick tracts in particular? Why? www.chick.com
No substitute for the hard work of understanding and following Jesus' gospel,of the Kingdom method which is diametrically opposed to Chick's method.

Don't be a clown for Christ. Engage the gospel deeply,as well as people's philosophical questions (heartfelt one's not New Atheist fools), let your demonstration of God's power changing lives be a witness as Ken and others have mentioned.

Understand the scriptures back and forth so you can engage all comers!

We our on offense not defense. We need to be destroying Satan's kingdom one person at a time. Tracts are a tribute to the anti-intellectualism of the Evangelical church since the 1830s.

Throw your tracks in the trash and do the hard work Paul demands of Timothy, study to show oneself approved.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Recently came across a video for an obscure Chick Tract titled "Satan's Master", didn't watch the whole thing, but in it the "white witch" is told by her more nefarious superiors (who use demon magic? to scare her into submission) to infiltrate a church to teach Sunday School to destroy it from the inside. When she teaches she says that people have an innate power that stems from the "positive material plane" and the asterisk sources this from an Advanced Dungeons & Dragons book.

That's like saying there is magical power to be had from flowers, and with them we can shoot fire at walking mushrooms and turtle soldiers*

*Page 3 from the Super Mario Bros. instruction manual

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've never been really shocked by chick tracts. I've seen worse. I'm not saying they are all good, but I like the tracts more than I like people who refuse to tell you. I am ever thankful for the people who did not throw away tracts (of all kinds). Someone would leave them on the subway and I would pick them up and read them.

Upvote 0