Torture from a Christian Perspective

S

Stairway

Da_Funkey_Gibbon said:
no it doesn't... I would say that God taking lives (as he undoubtably has the right to) didn't matter so much then, a sinner was dead to God,there was no hope for absolution, but now we have Jesus there is hope for even the darkest sinner.

I have a hard time buying into the fact that the value of people's lives changed over time. Not that I believe a word of the bible, but if it were true, why would God have forsaken those people prior to the coming of Jesus, had he had the power to foresee the choices of his creations.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Da_Funkey_Gibbon said:
no it doesn't... I would say that God taking lives (as he undoubtably has the right to) didn't matter so much then, a sinner was dead to God,there was no hope for absolution, but now we have Jesus there is hope for even the darkest sinner.

I am wondering whether this doesn't make it sort of strange that God would wait a couple thousand years before sending Jesus.

If the lives are so worthless, why send Jesus at all?

If they can be redeemed, why not do so right away?

Given that all men sin, how is it that Jesus referred to some people who had lived and died before His time in ways that implied an outcome other than eternal damnation?

Upvote 0