What home schooling hides: A boy tortured and starved by his stepmom

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Histrionic nonsense.

Also, don't pretend to care about children. This thread shows some members are more concerned with imaginary jackbooted CPS workers than the children. It's the same folks who respond to children being massacred with "You can't take my guns!".

Histrionic nonsense.
Nope is logical. You might want to take a long hard look at your post before throwing out histrionic nonsense statements.
My post adheres to logic. If it's okay to kill a child inside a womb but it's not okay to kill one outside a womb that's illogical. The only difference is where it occurs. A child is killed either way.

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also, don't pretend to care about children. This thread shows some members are more concerned with imaginary jackbooted CPS workers than the children. It's the same folks who respond to children being massacred with "You can't take my guns!".

What massacre of children do you refer to? The OP is about a single child died. One. And the woman responsible for it will pay the price for it.

Can I ask you? Do you really look like that picture in your avatar? And would it be an everyday thing or was you going to a party or something?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
How do they not get arrested for truancy?

You can't be missing excessive amounts of school if you're not in school at all.

1702512647759.png

(possibly cartoons have given us strange ideas of what truant officers are/do.)

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What massacre of children do you refer to? The OP is about a single child died. One. And the woman responsible for it will pay the price for it.
How can you not know what I'm referring to? No one responded to Roman's murder with cries of "you can't take my guns!" They responded with "you can't take my homeschooling!"

They responded with "you can't take my guns!" after Uvalde, Newtown, Parkland and Santa Fe.
Can I ask you? Do you really look like that picture in your avatar? And would it be an everyday thing or was you going to a party or something?
You must be young. It's Ade Edmondson portraying Vyvyan on The Young Ones.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How can you not know what I'm referring to? No one responded to Roman's murder with cries of "you can't take my guns!" They responded with "you can't take my homeschooling!"

They responded with "you can't take my guns!" after Uvalde, Newtown, Parkland and Santa Fe.

You must be young. It's Ade Edmondson portraying Vyvyan on The Young Ones.

Oh that explains it. I don't watch soap operas so couldn't recognize him.

But that's good you arent him lol. I thought it kind of looked like that guy that did a lot of shooting in a Colorado movie theater.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hey man I get it. You're really into attacking others with "logic", so you don't like being called out for using a straw man which is, after all, a logical fallacy.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nope is logical.
Great. Let's walk this through.
You might want to take a long hard look at your post before throwing out histrionic nonsense statements.
Parroting my verbiage. Not a good start.
My post adheres to logic. If it's okay to kill a child inside a womb but it's not okay to kill one outside a womb that's illogical. The only difference is where it occurs. A child is killed either way.
The problem is your entire "logical" argument is based on false equivocation. "Child" implies an infant, toddler or older. I get that we have ancient language like "with child", but this is the modern era.

The vast majority of abortions occur in the embryonic or early fetal stages.

Further, we have legally defined "person" as "someone who has been born and is alive". That verbiage is directly from the Texas legal code.

The legal and medical definition of abortion is "the termination of a pregnancy". A neonate or infant, being a born person, is no longer part of a pregnancy and cannot be aborted.

So yah, your "aBoRtiOn Is MuRdErInG a ChIlD" shrieking is histrionic nonsense.

Reactions: MotoToTheMax
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh that explains it. I don't watch soap operas so couldn't recognize him.
Soap Opera? What in the world are you talking about?
But that's good you arent him lol. I thought it kind of looked like that guy that did a lot of shooting in a Colorado movie theater.
What a weird comment. Why would you...

You know what. My profile photo is not the subject of this thread so such comments are off topic :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

I think here's the thing:
1) When you argue vehemently against government over reach, MOST people are going to take that position because their family (and likely their community) "don't need the government telling them what to do".
And I understand that.
I CERTAINLY don't need a government telling me how to raise a child. Beyond my education in university and my job, when I was doing social work I probably took about 30hrs specific training at my nonprofit on parenting, anger, etc.
I am breaking the cycle of my parent's poor parenting and continuing on with the things they were good at.

I'm alright.

BUT.
There are no requirements for parents to receive training. There is no training teaching parents that when kids get to upper elementary they are going to be come different people. They don't grasp what "finding independence" looks like. They have their own toxic parenting strategies and skills their own parents taught them through exposure.

How often I've heard "my papa beat me and I turned out fine"; if you are advocating for hitting children, I'm sorry, you're not fine.

I also know there are many people who are NOT alright. I have SPENT time with them. I worked with the parents who beat their kids with golf clubs and baseball bats. I KNOW THEM.
And I know they are NOT alright. I know they DO need help. And I do know those poor children NEED government intervention. And because I am acutely aware of their needs, challenges, and dangers I am willing to accept that government reaching, even into my own family, is fine.

I am confident I am making good choices in my parenting so if someone would need to come and talk to my children, FOR ANY REASON, I'm cool with it.

2) When you fight against what you call "government overreach" you are literally making children less safe. When you are too sensitive, and lacking confidence in your parenting, you wouldn't want someone coming to tell you you are doing something wrong. For some reason folks think parenting "is second nature to everyone" and it really and truly ain't.
There are a lot of parents who will say they are good parents but would NEVER EVER allow their children to have a conversation with a psychologist or a welfare agent. Well, I gotta tell you, you are a terrible parent if you are too scared for your child to have that conversation.

A person may argue "It's against my political beliefs" but what if your political beliefs endanger the safety of children? Does that matter to you?

Because it's real; It's not drama or hyperbole. You hear about a case like this on the news because this particular child died. But I can tell you, having worked with the social workers, for every story you hear about a child death, there are probably 80 to 100 you don't hear about in the news. For every case of terrible abuse, there are HUNDREDS you don't hear about in the news.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You didn't read the thread, did you?
I read original post and article with the catch all insinuation re home schooling. I countered with a report on abuses that exist in public school systems. I have read portions of a 12 page thread to boot. There are probably 3 million home schooled students in the US & I believe there are interests hostile to it.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I read original post and article with the catch all insinuation re home schooling. I countered with a report on abuses that exist in public school systems. I have read portions of a 12 page thread to boot. There are probably 3 million home schooled students in the US & I believe there are interests hostile to it.
See, now suggests tells me you didn't read the entire article or the thread.

The OPer has made it clear that the article is about oversight and homeschoolers efforts to stop oversight, especially in Michigan where little Roman was starved and tortured to death.
Right @essentialsaltes

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
especially in Michigan where little Roman was starved and tortured to death.
While he was starved and tortured in Michigan, he died shortly after the family moved to California.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2) When you fight against what you call "government overreach" you are literally making children less safe. When you are too sensitive, and lacking confidence in your parenting, you wouldn't want someone coming to tell you you are doing something wrong. For some reason folks think parenting "is second nature to everyone" and it really and truly ain't.
There are a lot of parents who will say they are good parents but would NEVER EVER allow their children to have a conversation with a psychologist or a welfare agent. Well, I gotta tell you, you are a terrible parent if you are too scared for your child to have that conversation.

A person may argue "It's against my political beliefs" but what if your political beliefs endanger the safety of children? Does that matter to you?

What? Because I do not trust my government you think I want our children to be less safe? That's very odd.

If we were living in peacetime then maybe it would sound better to have some oversight. But it feels like we're going to be at war any day now and on our soil. So if my mindset has shifted to adapt to this mindset of survival first then we'll see about government again in due time. As it is, our government attacks us from washington every day. So some mistrust of them is inevitable.

Upvote 0