United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because you said this:

Perhaps you don't realize what you said. You said you don't actually care about your OP topic, you just don't want women getting arrested. Whether they get arrested is ultimately up to legislators.
First, why should I write my congressman “instead of” starting this thread? Shouldn’t this be discussed here?

Second, writing a congressman wouldn’t do any good. This is a state issue, not a federal issue.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because of the physiological difference between men and women, a bikini top would be the practical choice for the woman rather than be uncomfortable with flopping that would occur otherwise.^_^
Shouldn’t that be up to the woman?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,142.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
First, why should I write my congressman “instead of” starting this thread? Shouldn’t this be discussed here?
I already answered that. You're not going to prevent any women from getting arrested by discussing it here.
Second, writing a congressman wouldn’t do any good. This is a state issue, not a federal issue.
Sorry. My state has congressmen. I assumed most others did.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you always insult people? Did your mother not teach you any manners?

Then why is it common practice for women to go topfree on beaches in much of Europe and in other hand laces in the world? The men there don’t pay much attention became se they are used to it.

So why shouldn’t men have to cover their different-looking chests as was once the case?

Ok, I'll amend my prior statement. I think your opinion on this issue, is nuts. Feel better?

"The men there don’t pay much attention became se they are used to it."

Really. No, that's not true. They do pay attention. How do I know this? Because you can easily find videos by men, of women at these beaches, with their knockers flopping around. Why do you think European men, make those those videos? Let me guess, they are admiring her intelligence?

Why do you think European men brag about topless beaches in the US, if it isn't a thing? If they are not even looking, why would they brag about the massive honkers they saw the last time they went to the topless beach?

How can you even stay stuff like that, and expect to be taken seriously? You think men in Europe, can see some woman's hooters in his face, and have no physical reaction to it?

No, you are wrong. I've talked to way too many European men, to be fooled into thinking that.

Upvote 0

abandonentropy

There is nothing new under the sun
Mar 9, 2016
Canada
✟56,629.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm still confused as to how this is an issue of "equality". I also don't believe that the modern understanding of equality is a Christian concept anyway. Men and women have different roles as well as bodies. If both men and women had the same chest physiology then there would be a case for it.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wish men wouldn't go topless (in neighborhood)

everytime a man is out mowing or a boy is running around topless, my girl wants to know why they're not dressed

seems strange to her in our neighborhood
she doesn't say that at pool, however

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I already answered that. You're not going to prevent any women from getting arrested by discussing it here.

What is your point? Why shouldn’t we discuss the matter?

Sorry. My state has congressmen. I assumed most others did.

You need to learn your civics. Every state has at least on congressman who serves in the US Congress. They also have state legislators. Members of the lower state house are called representatives or delegates, not congressman. Of course Nebraska has a unicameral legislature so they are called senators there.

So, again, why would I write my congressman on a state issue???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What happened to the original thread!? That thing was epic.

It's alive and well on page 12 here (Christian Philosophy & Ethics).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm still confused as to how this is an issue of "equality". I also don't believe that the modern understanding of equality is a Christian concept anyway. Men and women have different roles as well as bodies. If both men and women had the same chest physiology then there would be a case for it.
But it was once illegal for either sex to go topless. Why legalize it for one sex but not the other?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I wish men wouldn't go topless (in neighborhood)

everytime a man is out mowing or a boy is running around topless, my girl wants to know why they're not dressed

seems strange to her in our neighborhood
she doesn't say that at pool, however
I wouldn’t have a problem if we were consistent and made it illegal for either sex to go topless.

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I wouldn’t have a problem if we were consistent and made it illegal for either sex to go topless.
Men don't have boobs to make others stare. It would be silly to demand men not go topless, when they have nothing to hide.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This Sunday, August 26th, will be Topfree Equality Day. Women and Men will be marching, in many places topfree, to promote equal rights for women, specifically the right to go topfree wherever men can legall do so.

My questions:

1) Should Christian women participate in Topfree Equality Day? If so, why? If not, why not?

2) Should Christian women go topfree on other days in places where men legally do so? Does Scripture prohibit them from doing so?

3) For those who say that women should not go topfree in public, should men be permitted to do so?

I had started a thread on this two years ago and it has occasionally resurfaced. However I know we have some new members and I want them to have a chance to express their views.

Please note, we are not talking about anyone going naked, simply topfree.

1) No. Christians aren't supposed to be exhibitionists. We are supposed to be modest.
2) first question. No same answer as 1
2) second question. Why this was not 3 Idk, the answer is also idk.
3)This question is a bit strange. Why have you introduced permitted into only one side of this?
Whether one should do a thing and whether one should be permitted to do a thing are very different questions. IMO no one should go topless and no one has a right to insist that someone is not permitted to go topless.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Men don't have boobs to make others stare. It would be silly to demand men not go topless, when they have nothing to hide.

Everyone has much to hide. Women that wish to go topless are certainly not attempting to hide their boobs anymore the men that go topless are trying to hide their torso . Both are doing the exact same thing i.e. being immodest. The specific body part they are flaunting is irrelevant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Everyone has much to hide. Women that wish to go topless are certainly not attempting to hide their boobs anymore the men that go topless are trying to hide their torso . Both are doing the exact same thing i.e. being immodest. The specific body part they are flaunting is irrelevant.
It's not, because they're different. Boobs were designed to look good and be private, torsos not so much. Refer to the example given previously, with the dirty old man and the video camera.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Actually, sometimes they do, and sometimes people notice.

When I lived in Florida, I was about 100 pounds heavier than I am now, and the Puerto Rican guys in the neighborhood would laugh at me when I mowed the lawn shirtless.

My boobs were bigger than those of their wives...:eek:

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually, sometimes they do, and sometimes people notice.

When I lived in Florida, I was about 100 pounds heavier than I am now, and the Puerto Rican guys in the neighborhood would laugh at me when I mowed the lawn shirtless.

My boobs were bigger than those of their wives...:eek:
I didn't want to go there, but that's just gross. I don't know what women would think if they saw that, but such sights would make me physically ill. Again - because men and women are different, and supposed to be so. Boobs on women look great. On men, like some sort of abomination (no offense, by the way).

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not, because they're different. Boobs were designed to look good and be private, torsos not so much. Refer to the example given previously, with the dirty old man and the video camera.

Boobs are designed for food distribution .

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics