✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where did the "gap" come from?

Dispensational Theology began in 1830 and gained popularity in the 1900's with the printing of the Scofield Bible and its Dispensational footnotes. This theory stands or falls on whether or not there is a gap between the 69th and 70th weeks of Daniel 9:24-27.

The Catholic Counter Reformation - Futurism
The Jesuits were commissioned by the Pope to develop a new interpretation of Scripture that would counteract the Protestant application of the Bible’s prophecies regarding the Antichrist to the Roman Catholic Church. All the reformers’ studies pointed the finger directly at the Roman Catholic Church as the Antichrist power described in Daniel as the “little horn.”
1412-francisco-riberax180.jpg
Francisco Ribera (1537-1591), a brilliant Jesuit priest and doctor of theology from Spain, answered Papacy’s call. Like Martin Luther, Francisco Ribera also read by candlelight the prophecies about the Antichrist, the little horn, the man of sin, and the beast of Revelation.

He then developed the doctrine of futurism. His explanation was that the prophecies apply only to a single sinister man who will arise up at the end of time. Rome quickly adopted this viewpoint as the Church’s official position on the Antichrist.

Jesuit Futurism

Gap theology is a RCC teaching.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Isa 63:11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
Act 2:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Not even one of these scriptures even hints at the notion of a “spiritual Israel.” You are grasping at straws.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not even one of these scriptures even hints at the notion of a “spiritual Israel.” You are grasping at straws.

Only a proponent of the Two Peoples of God doctrine would claim an Israelite indwelled with the Holy Spirit of the living God has no relationship to a "spiritual Israel".

And we are still waiting to see what you have written in your books about the New Covenant, or are we grasping at straws?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dispensational Theology began in 1830 and gained popularity in the 1900's with the printing of the Scofield Bible and its Dispensational footnotes. This theory stands or falls on whether or not there is a gap between the 69th and 70th weeks of Daniel 9:24-27.
Jesuit Futurism
A great thread on that topic.............

Where is the Evidence of a Gap in the 70 weeks of Dan 9?

LittleLambofJesus said:
It looks like the 70 weeks of Daniel is a popular topic in Christianity today, so I thought I would create one and include a poll. I also am interested in discussing this.

Translations can vary so I will use this one:

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The faithful Christian Israelites of God are His Spiritual people, but they are also genuine, living persons, not just a spiritual concept.
They are people from every tribe, race, nation and language who have overcome Satan and who love the Lord and keep His Commandments.

They are the 'nation', people group, who produce the proper fruit; to whom the Kingdom belongs. Matthew 21:43.

The belief of some that there will be a general Jewish redemption, is not found in the Bible. Only a small remnant of Jews who have become Christian now; will be saved. Isaiah 4:3, Isaiah 29:1-4, +

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

The Catholic Counter Reformation - Futurism
The Jesuits were commissioned by the Pope to develop a new interpretation of Scripture that would counteract the Protestant application of the Bible’s prophecies regarding the Antichrist to the Roman Catholic Church. All the reformers’ studies pointed the finger directly at the Roman Catholic Church as the Antichrist power described in Daniel as the “little horn.”
1412-francisco-riberax180.jpg
Francisco Ribera (1537-1591), a brilliant Jesuit priest and doctor of theology from Spain, answered Papacy’s call. Like Martin Luther, Francisco Ribera also read by candlelight the prophecies about the Antichrist, the little horn, the man of sin, and the beast of Revelation.

He then developed the doctrine of futurism. His explanation was that the prophecies apply only to a single sinister man who will arise up at the end of time. Rome quickly adopted this viewpoint as the Church’s official position on the Antichrist.

Jesuit Futurism

This is 100% false. Gap theology, as you call it, was clearly taught in the very oldest Christian commentary on Bible prophecy (of any significant length) that has survived to the present day. It was also very explicitly taught in the very oldest Christian commentary on scripture (as opposed to a commentary on a scriptural subject.) Both of these were written before the Church was 200 years old.

Both of these, along with much other Dispensational futuristic doctrine clearly taught in ancient times, are thoroughly documented in my book, “Ancient Dispensational Truth,” available from Amazon.com. There is also a book by William C. Watson, titled “Dispensationalism Before Darby,” which documents much Dispensational doctrine taught in the 1500s, 1600s, and 1700s.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The faithful Christian Israelites of God are His Spiritual people, but they are also genuine, living persons, not just a spiritual concept.
They are people from every tribe, race, nation and language who have overcome Satan and who love the Lord and keep His Commandments.

They are the 'nation', people group, who produce the proper fruit; to whom the Kingdom belongs. Matthew 21:43.

The belief of some that there will be a general Jewish redemption, is not found in the Bible. Only a small remnant of Jews who have become Christian now; will be saved. Isaiah 4:3, Isaiah 29:1-4, +
You keep denying it, but I have already documented MANY places in scripture that EXPLICITLY say that the nation of Israel will be brought back to their ancient homeland and will there repent and come to faith in Christ.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You keep denying it, but I have already documented MANY places in scripture that EXPLICITLY say that the nation of Israel will be brought back to their ancient homeland and will there repent and come to faith in Christ.
I don't deny that Israelites will occupy all of the holy Land. That is well prophesied.
Judah, on the other hand, has another destiny and just a small number of the House of Judah will join with their Christian brethren. Jeremiah 50:4-5

The House of Israel was who Jesus came to save. He knew the Jews would reject and kill Him.
The proof that we Christians are the Israelites of God, by faith and by descent, is known simply by the nations founded by the ten Northern tribes of ancient Israel, now scattered around the world. They have received the prophesied blessings, as described by Jacob; Genesis 49:1-27 and of Moses; Deuteronomy 33:1-29

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The proof that we Christians are the Israelites of God, by faith and by descent, is known simply by the nations founded by the ten Northern tribes of ancient Israel, now scattered around the world. They have received the prophesied blessings, as described by Jacob; Genesis 49:1-27 and of Moses; Deuteronomy 33:1-29
This is fiction, unsupported by scripture and disproven by history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums