NW England
✟1,063,861.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its not about being a boastful "i was right haha" person, but for years of my learning of scriptures and many circular theories on the end times i had to accept or reject, i find that trying to find out who "fits the bill" as such as being the man of lawlessness is a good and worthwhile undertaking. It could be Blair and my own personal opinion here , if it isn't ill be sorely corrected and eating my own words, but as for the position still being debated, id like to talk about Mr Obama.

That bit wasn't directed specifically at you.
But if there is anyone who is literally placing a bet with bookmakers about who the antichrist will be, then at some point they will want to know if they are right and have won their bet.

There do seem to be a number of "spot the antichrist" posts around. People no doubt write them in sincerity because they believe they know his identity. If such a person really believes their interpretation of Scripture is right, then inevitably they believe that all other interpretations are wrong.
The poster I had in mind, and it wasn't you, unless you have motre than one username, did take the "well this is what Scripture says and WILL happen, so I am only warning you for your own good" attitude.

The thing is, it didn't happen, and hasn't yet.

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2006
✟7,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That bit wasn't directed specifically at you.
But if there is anyone who is literally placing a bet with bookmakers about who the antichrist will be, then at some point they will want to know if they are right and have won their bet.

There do seem to be a number of "spot the antichrist" posts around. People no doubt write them in sincerity because they believe they know his identity. If such a person really believes their interpretation of Scripture is right, then inevitably they believe that all other interpretations are wrong.
The poster I had in mind, and it wasn't you, unless you have motre than one username, did take the "well this is what Scripture says and WILL happen, so I am only warning you for your own good" attitude.

The thing is, it didn't happen, and hasn't yet.

"My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

2 Corinthians 12 v9

I like that....it might of answered another post i set up earliar

Cheers

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The anti-christ is supposed to be known to all people and Christians so when the time comes, people can know who he really is and decide to follow him or not.

Upvote 0

norswede

Jun 9, 2009
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Doesn't Jesus tell us that we shouldn't really worry about this stuff, anyway?

Actually he says quite the opposite:

"Now learn this parable from the Fig tree. When it's branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also when you see all these things, know that it is near, at the doors!" Matt.24:32-33
Mark.13:28-29
Luke.21:29-31

"Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming. In the evening, at midnight,at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morining, lest coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. And what I say to you, I say to all. Watch!" Mark. 13:35-37

"Behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book" Rev.22:7

Upvote 0

steveberg777

Jul 18, 2009
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The evidence looks compelling, but I'm still not sure 100% myself. It's a lot to say about anyone, and there is more that needs to be attributed to Blair from the scriptures, such as the number of the beast. I'm not sure about the world bank connection, yet. The link I googled took me to info that is 2 years old. What's the current situation?

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
The evidence looks compelling, but I'm still not sure 100% myself. It's a lot to say about anyone, and there is more that needs to be attributed to Blair from the scriptures, such as the number of the beast. I'm not sure about the world bank connection, yet. The link I googled took me to info that is 2 years old. What's the current situation?

He’s very popular as the main candidate for the new Tsar of the EU, even from the UK Conservatives.. But not so popular with other European countries that are fully aware of the allegations that he was a total despicable liar and war criminal of the worst kind, implicated in the murder of David Kelly.
The one individual that has managed to destroy over 1000 years of basic civil rights in this country in 10 years only. Unchecked in his megalomania, and creation of 2000 new criminal offences, and said by many, and admitted to by himself, to be out-right possessed by a devil or the devil.
I do not think he is the antichrist though, as that is not some end-of-days figure that pops up into history for a short while, the antichrist is a man who has had an effect on the whole of the Christian people throughout history until the end. I cannot see any way that the text of revelation would make any sense as that depicted ‘Carpathia’ character in the Left Behind fantasy.
Those books and that entire concocted eschatological theory is a very big deception.

Upvote 0

steveberg777

Jul 18, 2009
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joining the catholic church doesn't mean he is or isn't the antichrist. Is it right to assume that just because he joined this church that he has accepted Christ as God in his heart? Hitler was also a catholic, but he used his so-called catholicism to use the church and the pope for his own political ends, if the RC church is the great babylonian harlot of Revelation, it is clear from scripture that the antichrist will do the same as Hitler did for his own lawless ends.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

steveberg777

Jul 18, 2009
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is "conniving or evil enough"? Satan appears as an angel of light. The scriptures say that the antichrist will deceive the whole world. Tony Blair certainly has the "spin" skills to pull it off. He has charm and smarm. Plus his feigned religiousity isn't difficult to detect.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,063,861.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joining the catholic church doesn't mean he is or isn't the antichrist. Is it right to assume that just because he joined this church that he has accepted Christ as God in his heart?

No, but is it right to assume that he is ANTI Christ (the topic of this thread) when he has been accepted as a member of a church, has spoken at a prayer meeting and so on?

A number of people seem to be of the opinion that the Catholic church is false/the false prophet/the beast or whatever. It is a Christian denomination; Catholics can be born again, trust in Jesus, be filled with the Spirit and speak in tongues, just like anyone else. It's not perfect, but neither is any other church. Tony Blair is a politician who seems to tick some of the antichrist boxes - or at least, people's interpretation of them, and goes to the Catholic church. This does not automatically make him the antichrist, in my book. The thought of the antichrict leading people in prayer and praise to God is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
No, but is it right to assume that he is ANTI Christ (the topic of this thread) when he has been accepted as a member of a church, has spoken at a prayer meeting and so on?

A number of people seem to be of the opinion that the Catholic church is false/the false prophet/the beast or whatever. It is a Christian denomination; Catholics can be born again, trust in Jesus, be filled with the Spirit and speak in tongues, just like anyone else. It's not perfect, but neither is any other church. Tony Blair is a politician who seems to tick some of the antichrist boxes - or at least, people's interpretation of them, and goes to the Catholic church. This does not automatically make him the antichrist, in my book. The thought of the antichrict leading people in prayer and praise to God is ridiculous.

It dosn't matter about his religion, catholic whatever, if he prays or whatever the hell religon he gets up to, it's the individual and a long list if things which i cannot write down here without getting told off by forum rules.. being the/an antichrist dosn't matter either.. it's what he's done to this country and how he has destroyed our civil liberties, for one.. one thing i can mention on this forum..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,063,861.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am gonna concentrate on God, and not who the Anti-Christ is, how about you?

Great plan. :clap:

I haven't really read Rev, or Daniel, properly and don't understand about all these prophecies, let alone man's interpretation of them. It just irritates me when people become so obsessed with pointing out how one human being fits their interpretation, they become obsessed with that and take their eyes off the Lord.

Jesus is coming back :amen: - let's just leave the why, how and when to him, shall we?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 21 : 28When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." ( we have not been raptured yet ) (emph. added)

...nor are we going to be. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :)

Upvote 0