Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I believe @Oscarr that we are disciples (or should be) apprentices learning to become like our Lord and teacher.
He ..never failed to heal a single one.

So this tells me it Is US that is getting something wrong.
And I believe it is to do with where we go what we do and why.
Jesus deal is he only does what the father is doing.
So his own will was so laid to death that he only went where the spirit took him and so ended up 100% where the father was doing what be was doing.and this had 100% success.
We need to die more to self .
God has never been the problem
The main successes in healing have been in evangelism situations involving non-believers. A healing in this context has been the means of bringing whole families and communities to Christ. For the believer who is not healed, God is not letting them down at all because if they died then they would be with the Lord in glory. But the unbeliever who got sick and died would end up in the judgment and be put into outer darkness. Therefore it is more important that unbelievers got healed to give them another chance of being converted to Christ. Mark 16 deals with healing in evangelism and the spreading of the gospel, while healing for believers is through the elders in the church.

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The main successes in healing have been in evangelism situations involving non-believers. A healing in this context has been the means of bringing whole families and communities to Christ. For the believer who is not healed, God is not letting them down at all because if they died then they would be with the Lord in glory. But the unbeliever who got sick and died would end up in the judgment and be put into outer darkness. Therefore it is more important that unbelievers got healed to give them another chance of being converted to Christ. Mark 16 deals with healing in evangelism and the spreading of the gospel, while healing for believers is through the elders in the church.

Impressive theory..... I hadn't thought of it quite like that before!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I believe @Oscarr that we are disciples (or should be) apprentices learning to become like our Lord and teacher.
He ..never failed to heal a single one.

So this tells me it Is US that is getting something wrong.
And I believe it is to do with where we go what we do and why.
Jesus deal is he only does what the father is doing.
So his own will was so laid to death that he only went where the spirit took him and so ended up 100% where the father was doing what be was doing.and this had 100% success.
We need to die more to self .
God has never been the problem

I have heard of at least one case where a new Christian who was full of faith went to a hospital...... prayed for everybody there..... all were healed in at least one wing....... then the pastors got together and corrected the new believer for their lack of submission to their authority.... and his healing ministry ended.

There is a chapter in Pastor Rick Joyner's book The Vision that may offer us a good explanation for the situation that the Bride of Messiah is now at this time:

The Call Rick Joyner

Pastor Rick Joyner, The Call, page 135: "The Army

Suddenly, I was standing on a high mountain overlooking a great plain. Before me, there was an army marching on a wide front. There were 12 divisions in the vanguard that stood out sharply from the great multitude of soldiers who followed behind them. These divisions were further divided into what I assumed to be regiments, battalions, companies and squads. The divisions were distinguished by their banners, and the regiments were distinguished by their different colored uniforms.

Battalions, companies and squads were distinguished by such things as sashes or epaulets that each different group wore. All wore armor that was polished silver, shields that appeared to be pure gold, and weapons that were both silver and gold. The banners were huge, 30 to 40 feet long. As the soldiers marched, their armor and weapons flashed in the sun like lightening, and the flapping of the banners and the tread of their feet sounded like rolling thunder. I did not think that the earth had ever witnessed anything like this before.

Then I was close enough to see their faces—male and female, old and young from every race. There was a fierce resolution on their faces, yet they did not seem tense. War was in the air, but in the ranks I could sense such a profound peace that I knew that not a single one feared the battle to which they were marching. The spiritual atmosphere that I felt when close to them was as awesome as their appearance.

I looked at their uniforms. The colors were brilliant. Every soldier also wore rank insignias and medals. The generals and other higher ranking officers marched in the ranks with the others. Although it was obvious that those with higher rank were in charge, no one seemed overly sensitive to their rank. From the highest ranking officer to the lowest, they all seemed to be close friends. It was an army of what seemed to be unprecedented discipline, yet it also seemed to be just one big family.

As I studied them, they seemed selfless—not because they lacked identity, but because they were all so sure of who they were and what they were doing. They were not consumed with themselves or seeking recognition. I could not detect ambition or pride anywhere in the ranks. It was stunning to see so many who were so unique, yet in such harmony and marching in perfect step. I was sure that there had never been an army on earth like this.

Then I was behind the front divisions looking at a much larger group that was composed of hundreds of divisions. Each of these was a different size, with the smallest numbering about two thousand and the largest in the hundreds of thousands. Although this group was not as sharp and colorful as the first one, this also was an awesome army simply because of its size. This group also had banners, but they were not nearly as large and impressive as those of the first group’s. They all had uniforms and ranks, but I was surprised that many of these did not even have on a full set of armor, and many did not have weapons. The armor and weapons that they did have were not nearly as polished and bright as those of the first group.

As I looked more closely at those in these ranks, I could see that they were all determined and had purpose, but they did not have nearly the focus of the first group. These seemed much more aware of their own rank and the rank of those around them. I felt that this was a distraction hindering their focus. I could also sense ambition and jealousy in the ranks, which unquestionably was a further distraction. Even so, I felt that this second division still had a higher level of devotion and purpose than any army on earth. This, too, was a very powerful force. Behind this second army, there was a third one which marched so far behind the first two armies that I was not sure they could even see the groups ahead of them. This group was many times larger than the first and second armies combined, seemingly composed of millions and millions. As I watched from a distance, this army would move in different directions like a great flock of birds, sweeping first one way and then the next, never moving in a straight direction for very long. Because of this erratic movement, it was drifting farther and farther from the first two groups.

As I came closer, I saw that these soldiers had on tattered, dull gray uniforms which were neither pressed nor clean. Almost everyone was bloody and wounded. a few were attempting to march, but most just walked in the general direction in which the others were headed. Fights were constantly breaking out in the ranks causing many of the wounds. Some of the soldiers were trying to stay close to the frayed banners scattered throughout their ranks. Even so, not even those near the banners had a clear identity because they were constantly drifting from one banner to another.

In this third army, I was surprised that there were only two ranks—generals and privates. Only a few had a piece of armor on, and I did not see any weapons except dummy weapons which were carried by the generals. The generals flaunted these dummy weapons as if having them made the officers special, but even those in the ranks could tell that the weapons were not real. This was sad because it was obvious that those in the ranks desperately wanted to find someone who was real whom they could follow.

There did not seem to be any ambition except among the generals. This was not because of selflessness as in the first army, but because there was so little caring. I thought that at least the ambition present in the second group would be much better than the confusion that prevailed in this group. The generals here seemed to be more intent on talking about themselves and fighting with one another, which the little groups around the banners were constantly doing. I could then see that the battles within the ranks were the cause of the great sweeping, erratic changes of directions that this group would make from time to time.

As I looked at the millions in the last group, I felt that even with their great numbers, they did not actually add strength to the army, but rather weakened it. In a real battle, they would be much more of a liability than an asset. Just sustaining them with food and protection would cost more in resources than any value they could add to the army’s ability to fight. I thought that a private in the first or second group would be worth more than many generals from the third. I could not understand why the first groups even allowed this group to tag along behind them. They obviously were not true soldiers." (Pastor Rick Joyner, The Call, page 135)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Im not saying they are fake, im just saying i dont have the same faith in them as you do.

I personally got rheumatoid arthritis in 1973. Dr. J. J. Carroll put me in a ward and gave me cortisone for two weeks. This did relive the worst of the symptoms for a while but in 1980 or 1981 my girlfriend at that time talked me into being anointed with oil and prayed for and within a few months I noticed..... .Hey no pain...... I was able to work at forestry until 1997 even in wet or cold conditions...... and zero arthritis pain!

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True enough.
Though James also lists why those in the church wearing seeing the expected results of faith also.
And those reasons are rather on the rampage today.

Though view the “elders” a little differently.
They were not just older folk appointed a post by a church board.
They were people known by reputation for their experience in healing.
... :)

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
True enough.
Though James also lists why those in the church wearing seeing the expected results of faith also.
And those reasons are rather on the rampage today.

Though view the “elders” a little differently.
They were not just older folk appointed a post by a church board.
They were people known by reputation for their experience in healing.
... :)
You are right. There are elders who are ordained by the Holy Spirit and there are those ordained by churches. Sometimes they are one and the same and sometimes they are not. It is interesting that many of the elders in the Early Church were relatively young. The Apostles were in their early 20s when they were with Jesus (not as depicted in Michaelangelo's Last Supper painting), and so when they started their ministry in Acts, they were probably in their late 20s, early 30s. Paul was a young man at the death of Stephen. He began his ministry around 14 years later after his conversion when he went to Arabia. So he was probably in his 30s when he and Barnabas started out in their missionary journeys. So Christian maturity is not always reflected in maturity in years. Some Christians may have been so for 40 years, but have only one year of experience multiplied 40 times because through disobedience they may have had to go around the mountain that many times and had to pass "go" all over again. The first generation of the children of Israel who came out of Egypt grew old and died in the wilderness because of their lack of faith and obedience to God (except Joshua and Caleb). It was the new generation that entered the Promised Land because they got beyond the starting blocks and started to mature in their experience with God.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I personally got rheumatoid arthritis in 1973. Dr. J. J. Carroll put me in a ward and gave me cortisone for two weeks. This did relive the worst of the symptoms for a while but in 1980 or 1981 my girlfriend at that time talked me into being anointed with oil and prayed for and within a few months I noticed..... .Hey no pain...... I was able to work at forestry until 1997 even in wet or cold conditions...... and zero arthritis pain!
Love it.
@Oscarr too.
I understand annointing with oil now.
Earlier this evening the Lord showed me something more and gave me understanding of the process of “anointing with oil“
The oil won't heal
Nor the process
God heals..
So why the process?

Its a faith -activator ...
It can take faith the noun and make it faith the verb.
It can take a theory and give it application.
And it worked well in the early church especially among the Jews,whom Jacob (james)was writing to .
For the very reason that they understood that being anointed ...IS being appointed.

Which is the point I made to.@Oscarr earlier.
Once we have recieved the holy Spirit we are appointed to do the will of God we are apointed to be his witnesses.We don't need more holy spirit..we need more actioned obedience (faith).

Jesus displays this .He reads and says..

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”----It's a done deal. He then goes and gets on with doing it. He doesn't require further appointing to the task.
That's been done..he is now anointed to the task given.

Now the Jews understood this.
When David was Annointed king.. It was a done deal. He was going to be king. It was appointed to be.

So understanding this..When the elders..men of reputation in Godliness ..came to you ,and using the full authority of the Lord Jesus himself..in Jesus name Annointed you with oil for healing. Then they knew it was a Done deal. In Jesus name They had been (anointed) appointed to wholeness there was nothing they could do about it now ..it was done .they were going to be healed .

I believe if we teach a person this...and I mean really teach it to them and they really get it.
We can then ..appoint them into healing in the name of JESUS.. By the anointing of oil.
And it will so enliven and action their faith that they will absolutely be healed.

Sorry if I went on a bit..but I have never ever seen it this way before not taught it until this moment.
I am excited by this.because I see many non believers healed.
But Christians?...so very few.
I'm excited to find opportunity to both teach and practice this and see christians get healed.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Just been watching some stuff on him.

He said that it took 3 months of no one getting healed and 500 people before he saw his first "miracle" or "healing" (leg growing out).

Now he has lots...

a) Why is this (the time factor before this thing manifests)

b) Why are the miracles always low key..in the nicest sense. ie backs, legs, hands, shoulders etc.

BUT NEVER IT SEEMS AN AMPUTEE GETTING HIS HAND or ARM growing back ?

Just wondered...:thumbsup:

I don't know the answer to this question but... I do know that my fourteen year old daughter has been
listening to online videos of Mr. Todd White for nearly a year. His simple, humble and powerful messages have transformed her life and she got baptized by immersion about a month ago.

She is now praying for a "Baptism in the Holy Spirit" similar to what Todd had.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums