Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
First of all, there ARE amputees getting their arms and legs back, it happens pretty frequently actually. You just don't see them in the States so much because it is a bit harder to believe for something like that to happen, than for pain you can't see to go away. People all around the world are getting whole new body parts, new lungs, hearts, even brains. So, thinking that it is just low key stuff, that's just from a lack of field experience.

Second, there are three reasons why healing can take time. First it could be that when a person first starts trying to get people healed, they don't really understand how healing works, and it takes time to learn so it can happen.
Second, the law of sowing and reaping is very valid today and not just with finances unlike what some people may have you believe. It is the same with healing, if you sow healing through prayers, eventually you will start to reap healing through the manifestation of it. It takes a bit of time to grow.
Third, the other reason could be a situation like Daniel's fast. He decided to seek God, and the Bible says that the answer didn't show up for 21 days because there were demonic forces holding back the answer. Many times you can pray for someone to get healed, and the devil resists, and tries to delay it. It turns into a staring contest so to speak, the problem is that in North America you guys live in a microwave society and want everything instantly and don't want to be patient, you definitely don't want to wait 21 days or a month or more for something to happen. SO, you back down and give up deciding that it wasn't the will of God for that person to be healed, when in fact it ALWAYS is the will of God for healing, but there is spiritual warfare involved and if you stay firm it will absolutely happen.

So that's why. There could be other factors like sin in the life of the person praying and so on, but in the end, those are the basics.

Alan
http://www.newheightsministries.net

I absolutely agree!

My wife is Pentecostal / Charismatic and her oldest son from her
first marriage even received miraculous filling of a tooth or two or three
after a Pastor from Guatamale prayed for the crowd in a meeting in a park.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BUT NEVER IT SEEMS AN AMPUTEE GETTING HIS HAND or ARM growing back ?

You know the Gate beautiful is one the best examples. We today try to pass off the FAITH to the one asking for help. But this man saw two guys that stopped and expected to get something. HEALING was not it. Peter and John said look on us.. and we dont have any money gold/silver but what we do have. <-----you have to KNOW that you KNOW that you KNOW you have this. They didnt ask Jesus nor pray to GOD for His perfect will or was it ok to pray for this man.. nothing. All they did was GIVE away something they had.. in JESUS name. Never once had to ask God/Jesus.

There are things we do that can stop God/Spirit of God in so many areas. Like.. trying to witness.. like a man said.. you go up and just by someone some coffee. They are suprised and ask you why? You say no reason.. just wanted to. <---this being the way to witness.

Yet it is being deceiving. How? If you answered truthfully you would day "I bought you coffee in hopes you would ask me why so I can share JESUS with you" If you answered "no reason" <---a lie. So things like as nice as you would like it to be ..is wrong. Like the person that tried to save the ARK from falling over .. just touched it.. dead. What he was doing was right. yet wrong.. DONT TOUCH!.. yeah hopeful after that one they put up a sign "DONT TOUCH" hehe

What do see just how much how far your FATHER can go and do? Get to KNOW HIM! Sorry there really is no 1-7 steps to this. Everyone is different. He is a personal God. JESUS IS REAL! That means.. look at your spouse your kids your best friend..now hug them.. do you KNOW JESUS/GOD/Sweet Sweet Holy Spirit like that?

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am finding out that the early Church was at its most powerful when God was presented as a loving and good God who sent His Son to save the world. Jesus was presented as a loving Saviour who instantly saved and cleansed every sinner who came to Him. This is why thousands, perhaps millions of pagans, stepped in idol worship, prostitution, homosexuality and demonic worship came to Christ and were instantly saved and set free. The early Church members had a great love for one another in spite of the different conflicts and heresies that were emerging. The Apostle John's last words were, "Love one another!" While the Church maintain their love for God, Jesus, and each other, the miraculous healings and deliverances flowed freely in their churches and communities. It was when after 400AD that another crowd took over the Church and became influenced by religious demons. The miraculous faded away, to be replaced by religious ritual and ceremony. God was pictured as a vengeful God who punished sin wherever He saw it. The "big stick" mentality of the Church persisted for 1000 years until Martin Luther changed everything.

The miracles of the early Pentecostal movement happened in the context of a loving God of grace and mercy and the intense love that Christians had for each other. Oral Roberts is the prominent teacher of love and grace when he taught that God is a good God who wants to give you your miracle. Roberts Liardon wrote a book about the things that Jesus loves to do, and a large part of that is that He loves to heal people and set them free from demon influences.

If a person says they have a healing ministry and they are doing it to make themselves great in the kingdom of God, then nothing will happen no matter how hard he prays for people. It is because he loves himself more than the people he is ministering to. St Benedict received a dead worker who was crushed by a collapsing wall. He wrapped his arms around the corpse and loved him back to life, then sent him back to work. Every bone in that man's body was broken, and God healed him to such an extent that he was completely made whole and sent back to work. That is what intense love does.

If a person loves Christ intensely, and lives in His presence through prayer and Bible study, then he will have the same intense love for those to whom he ministers. This means that when he prays for the sick or disabled, anything can happen because he knows God, hears His voice, follows His directions, and knows that it is not him who is able to accomplish the healings but Christ in him through the power of the Holy Spirit.

This is why we see limited healings and often no healings at all, because most healing ministries don't love God or people enough for Christ to anoint him or her to the extent that the miracles can happen. The words of the Apostle John holds true today to provide the basis for the miraculous: "Love one another!"

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
BUT NEVER IT SEEMS AN AMPUTEE GETTING HIS HAND or ARM growing back ?

You know the Gate beautiful is one the best examples. We today try to pass off the FAITH to the one asking for help. But this man saw two guys that stopped and expected to get something. HEALING was not it. Peter and John said look on us.. and we dont have any money gold/silver but what we do have. <-----you have to KNOW that you KNOW that you KNOW you have this. They didnt ask Jesus nor pray to GOD for His perfect will or was it ok to pray for this man.. nothing. All they did was GIVE away something they had.. in JESUS name. Never once had to ask God/Jesus.

There are things we do that can stop God/Spirit of God in so many areas. Like.. trying to witness.. like a man said.. you go up and just by someone some coffee. They are suprised and ask you why? You say no reason.. just wanted to. <---this being the way to witness.

Yet it is being deceiving. How? If you answered truthfully you would day "I bought you coffee in hopes you would ask me why so I can share JESUS with you" If you answered "no reason" <---a lie. So things like as nice as you would like it to be ..is wrong. Like the person that tried to save the ARK from falling over .. just touched it.. dead. What he was doing was right. yet wrong.. DONT TOUCH!.. yeah hopeful after that one they put up a sign "DONT TOUCH" hehe

What do see just how much how far your FATHER can go and do? Get to KNOW HIM! Sorry there really is no 1-7 steps to this. Everyone is different. He is a personal God. JESUS IS REAL! That means.. look at your spouse your kids your best friend..now hug them.. do you KNOW JESUS/GOD/Sweet Sweet Holy Spirit like that?

I believe that this is going to be happening soon at an unprecedented level.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is why we see limited healings and often no healings at all, because most healing ministries don't love God or people enough for Christ to anoint him or her to the extent that the miracles can happen
Come on Oscarr ..I think the special annointing theories been played out by the guys wanting to run the show and dominate others. Its not a real doctrine. Its charasmatic hoohaa.
Annointed is the same as appointed.
Once you have the holy spirit..you have him.he doesn't need more of himself.
Scripturally we see one clear reason for unrealized promises...
= unbelief.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Come on Oscarr ..I think the special annointing theories been played out by the guys wanting to run the show and dominate others. Its not a real doctrine. Its charasmatic hoohaa.
Annointed is the same as appointed.
Once you have the holy spirit..you have him.he doesn't need more of himself.
Scripturally we see one clear reason for unrealized promises...
= unbelief.
So, if the Word says, "These signs shall follow those who believe...they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover..." and: "I am the God who heals you." So, the healing power of the Holy Spirit is not limited to Charismatics. It is the Bible. So why is it not happening? Is it that many Christians actually don't believe what the Bible says about healing?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, if the Word says, "These signs shall follow those who believe...they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover..." and: "I am the God who heals you." So, the healing power of the Holy Spirit is not limited to Charismatics. It is the Bible. So why is it not happening? Is it that many Christians actually don't believe what the Bible says about healing?
That scripture you quoted also says that these healers will drink poison and not die.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That scripture you quoted also says that these healers will drink poison and not die.
I don't know how to interpret that in today's environment. The only example of someone surviving a snake bite was Paul on the island of Malta. I wonder whether the taking up of snakes is metaphorical in the same way that believers can step on snakes and scorpions, a metaphor for dealing with demons. As for me I am glad there are no snakes or scorpions in New Zealand. If there were, I'd keep well clear of them! I cannot believe that any believer would willingly drink poison, but if some enemy tried to poison a believer, I could believe that a believer could miraculously survive.

As far as divine healing is concerned, I would rather do it the same way Jesus did when He told a couple of guys to take up their beds and walk. I wouldn't spit on dirt and rub it into anyone's eyes though unless I was told directly by God to do it. I don't think I would put my fingers into anyone's ears either. Otherwise, Jesus just spoke healing to people and they got healed. Only a very few got healed in the synagogues. Most got healed on the street or in market places and private homes. Even in the book of Acts there were no healing or deliverance meetings. Peter and John spoke healing to a guy at the entrance of the Temple. Paul got people healed in the streets. St Bernard received a dead body of a man who was crushed while building the monastery at Cassino. He got down beside the body and prayed. Suddenly the guy sat up totally healed! He went right back to work. This is recorded in the archives at the Vatican.

Unfortunately a lot of healing happens in public meetings and all sorts of theatrics are employed, and many times it is the minister who is put up on a pedestal and gloried rather than Christ. It is interesting watching Kathryn Khulman, that those who came up on the stage were already healed by the time they reached her. She is one of the ministries that have been recognised across the board as being authentic.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know how to interpret that in today's environment. The only example of someone surviving a snake bite was Paul on the island of Malta. I wonder whether the taking up of snakes is metaphorical in the same way that believers can step on snakes and scorpions, a metaphor for dealing with demons. As for me I am glad there are no snakes or scorpions in New Zealand. If there were, I'd keep well clear of them! I cannot believe that any believer would willingly drink poison, but if some enemy tried to poison a believer, I could believe that a believer could miraculously survive.

As far as divine healing is concerned, I would rather do it the same way Jesus did when He told a couple of guys to take up their beds and walk. I wouldn't spit on dirt and rub it into anyone's eyes though unless I was told directly by God to do it. I don't think I would put my fingers into anyone's ears either. Otherwise, Jesus just spoke healing to people and they got healed. Only a very few got healed in the synagogues. Most got healed on the street or in market places and private homes. Even in the book of Acts there were no healing or deliverance meetings. Peter and John spoke healing to a guy at the entrance of the Temple. Paul got people healed in the streets. St Bernard received a dead body of a man who was crushed while building the monastery at Cassino. He got down beside the body and prayed. Suddenly the guy sat up totally healed! He went right back to work. This is recorded in the archives at the Vatican.

Unfortunately a lot of healing happens in public meetings and all sorts of theatrics are employed, and many times it is the minister who is put up on a pedestal and gloried rather than Christ. It is interesting watching Kathryn Khulman, that those who came up on the stage were already healed by the time they reached her. She is one of the ministries that have been recognised across the board as being authentic.
If drinking poison is a metaphor, then the healing is also a metaphor.

I dont believe in miracles. Im like Thomas, i gotta see it to believe it. I do believe that the Lord and His apostles did heal people, but i dont put such faith in churches that i see today.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Pretty much.
When we have received we havev recieved. So niether God nor his spirit nor his word are the problem .
We are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If drinking poison is a metaphor, then the healing is also a metaphor.

I dont believe in miracles. Im like Thomas, i gotta see it to believe it. I do believe that the Lord and His apostles did heal people, but i dont put such faith in churches that i see today.
There are thousands of testimonies of people being miraculously healed through the centuries. This is not limited to the Pentecostal or Charismatic movements, Healings happened long before that. Wesley had 250 recorded healings during his ministry. There is the account of his horse being healed of lameness while he was travelling from one place to another. A Methodist Holiness preacher in the Cincinnati area had miraculous healings right through his ministry. I have a DVD of a New Zealand healing ministry of 130 people who testified of being miraculously healed of all sorts of medical issues. Another itinerate ministry went right through New Zealand from the most southern city to the most northern town leaving hundreds of miraculous healing testimonies. You can't tell me that all these testimonies are fake. Maybe in your experience in churches you have come to the conclusion that miraculous healing is not genuine, but your knowledge is just a very small slice of what can be known, therefore genuine healing could be outside of your knowledge and experience.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Pretty much.
When we have received we havev recieved. So niether God nor his spirit nor his word are the problem .
We are.
Well, we are nothing but earthen vessels so that when something good happens we give glory to Jesus who made it happen in spite of us.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are thousands of testimonies of people being miraculously healed through the centuries. This is not limited to the Pentecostal or Charismatic movements, Healings happened long before that. Wesley had 250 recorded healings during his ministry. There is the account of his horse being healed of lameness while he was travelling from one place to another. A Methodist Holiness preacher in the Cincinnati area had miraculous healings right through his ministry. I have a DVD of a New Zealand healing ministry of 130 people who testified of being miraculously healed of all sorts of medical issues. Another itinerate ministry went right through New Zealand from the most southern city to the most northern town leaving hundreds of miraculous healing testimonies. You can't tell me that all these testimonies are fake. Maybe in your experience in churches you have come to the conclusion that miraculous healing is not genuine, but your knowledge is just a very small slice of what can be known, therefore genuine healing could be outside of your knowledge and experience.
Im not saying they are fake, im just saying i dont have the same faith in them as you do.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a bit confused..I never said healings were limited to charismatic etc.
I said the worn out doctrine that one requires some kind of extra special annointing in order to see healing is a charismatic erroneous teaching used to elevate so called leaders into false positions.
Making people think they need to attain some special spiritual position in order to get some special anointing to heal.

And this has no scriptural basis.
For in Christ...he has blessed us with ALL spiritual .... Etc.

So people don't see a lot of healing..due to ONE scriptural reason
It's Not lack of anointing.
Its unbelief.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Im not saying they are fake, im just saying i dont have the same faith in them as you do.
Well, these people are either telling the truth or they are lying. There is no middle ground there.

I think that it takes a certain level of faith to minister healing to a sick person. I was a skeptic for quite a while because I was in a Charismatic church that had regular healing meetings in the local school hall. I saw many of my friends go up for healing in meeting after meeting including foot lengthening, etc., but I never saw any permanent healings. So I put it on the back burner for years. Around two years ago, I decided to go to my favorite second hand Christian bookshop and buy up every book I could on the healing ministry. I obtained books by all of the authors from 1970-2000. I read about all the different types of ministry and the different methods that people used. Then I discovered a healing manual that just quoted scripture out of the gospels that emphasised how Jesus went about it. This was very different from most of the other healing ministries I read about. It seemed that this struck a chord with me. I asked the Lord what I should do about this. He told me to minister healing to all those with a medical condition who came across my path and it didn't matter whether they were Christian or not. So that's what I did. I found that every non-Christian happily agreed and appreciated that I cared enough about them to "bless" them in the way I did. The most notable successes were my supervisor at work being healed of arthritis in her knee which puzzled the doctor who told her that it was a temporary arthritis. Another lady with a strained back was totally healed and freed from pain. Another lady with a chronic back problem was freed from pain and she said that she had the best night's sleep that she had had for many years. Most of the ones I prayed for did not show evidence of healing. I asked the Lord about that and He told me, "You are ministering to people from obedience and not for results." That satisfied me. I learned that obedience and faith was up to me in ministering to the sick, while the results were up to Him. Only Jesus can heal the sick and He does it His way. When it says that laying hands on the sick will cause recovery, it doesn't have to happen right away because recovery takes time. If a person is instantly healed, that is a miracle. Recovery means that the person doesn't get any sicker but starts to move toward health.

I also learned that it is not the sick person who needs faith, because it is rare for a sick person to have much faith. They are too busy trying to cope with their sickness or disability. It is up to the person ministering healing to have the necessary faith. I usually tell people that they don't need faith because I have enough faith for both of us.

The interesting thing about ministering healing to sick non-Christians is that there is a new rapport between us. This happened with my supervisor at work. Although she wasn't prepared to adopt my view on Christianity, she respected my faith and love for her in that I would take the time to minister to her.

I once ministered to a lady who had one leg and a sore on her arm. I ministered to the sore, and she said, "I could do with another leg." I told her honestly that I didn't have enough faith for that. She accepted that. I think it is good to be honest with people. It helps credibility. Giving false promises and false hopes to people destroys credibility in a minister of healing.

I am not saying I have all the answers about healing. I have more unanswered questions than anything, but that won't stop me ministering healing to those who come across my path. Even my wife is a skeptic in these matters. After I ministered to the lady with one leg, my wife came out of a shop in the particular mall where I ministered to the lady and asked, "You're not doing that healing thing are you?" My wife is a lovely person and very supportive of me in my eldership in the church, but I'm sure she looks sideways at me at times when I get up to some of my antics! ^_^^_^

Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'm a bit confused..I never said healings were limited to charismatic etc.
I said the worn out doctrine that one requires some kind of extra special annointing in order to see healing is a charismatic erroneous teaching used to elevate so called leaders into false positions.
Making people think they need to attain some special spiritual position in order to get some special anointing to heal.

And this has no scriptural basis.
For in Christ...he has blessed us with ALL spiritual .... Etc.

So people don't see a lot of healing..due to ONE scriptural reason
It's Not lack of anointing.
Its unbelief.
I agree that there needs to be no special anointing to minister healing to the sick. Mark 16 says that laying hands on the sick for healing is open to every believer. Obedience in ministry does not need a special anointing. If one considered being an elder of the church is an anointing (appointing or ordaining, depending on which church you belong to) then ministry to sick people in the church is undertaken by the elders or anyone appointed by them. An individual who is not an elder who tries to minister healing without authority from the eldership seems to be going against what James taught. But out on the street, no such restrictions apply.
Concerning unbelief, I think it is disgracefully wrong to accuse a sick person of unbelief when they don't get healed, as many Charismatic ministers do. I think that the one who needs the faith is the person ministering the healing. So if there is a lack of faith, it is the person who ministers the healing who is at fault by using faulty methods and drawing attention to himself instead of to Christ as the true Healer. If a sick person agrees to being ministered to, that person has enough faith to be healed. Remember John Wesley's horse. Thank goodness it had faith to be healed of lameness!! ^_^^_^

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that there needs to be no special anointing to minister healing to the sick. Mark 16 says that laying hands on the sick for healing is open to every believer. Obedience in ministry does not need a special anointing. If one considered being an elder of the church is an anointing (appointing or ordaining, depending on which church you belong to) then ministry to sick people in the church is undertaken by the elders or anyone appointed by them. An individual who is not an elder who tries to minister healing without authority from the eldership seems to be going against what James taught. But out on the street, no such restrictions apply.
Concerning unbelief, I think it is disgracefully wrong to accuse a sick person of unbelief when they don't get healed, as many Charismatic ministers do. I think that the one who needs the faith is the person ministering the healing. So if there is a lack of faith, it is the person who ministers the healing who is at fault by using faulty methods and drawing attention to himself instead of to Christ as the true Healer. If a sick person agrees to being ministered to, that person has enough faith to be healed. Remember John Wesley's horse. Thank goodness it had faith to be healed of lameness!! ^_^^_^
...just one clarification... Did you think I was suggesting the sick are to blame if they don't get healed?.. I Always hang that on my own faith. Lol
But...now you got me thinking about it.
Topic redirection ....I've prayed for enough people now to observe that “some” don't seem to want healing..
Perhaps they don't want what it directly implies in Jesus name.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that it takes a certain level of faith to minister healing to a sick person.

Yes..the level of 1 mustard seed..
I heard that somewhere ;) .

Ouh also I like this one I saw...

“ look out devil..I have a mustard seed
...And I'm Not Afraid to use it!.. :D

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
...just one clarification... Did you think I was suggesting the sick are to blame if they don't get healed?.. I Always hang that on my own faith. Lol
But...now you got me thinking about it.
Topic redirection ....I've prayed for enough people now to observe that “some” don't seem to want healing..
Perhaps they don't want what it directly implies in Jesus name.
I didn't think you were. I just wanted to clarify the point because there are many who do.

Taking your second point, there are steps of faith to receive anything. The first is believing that salvation/tongues/healing etc is God's will for "you" (I mean the person being ministered to). Unless they are convinced about that, we are wasting our time ministering to them because it won't happen. Even Jesus asked sick people if they wanted to be healed. He asked one guy, "Do you believe I can heal you?"
The next point is to ask for the healing. This is not for the person ministering, it is asked by the person being ministered to. The person ministering does not need to ask in the same way. But the sick person would be following a general scriptural principle by asking, even though healing is already provided in the Atonement.

The person ministering would then command the healing.
Then the sick person needs to accept the healing, saying, "I accept the healing in Jesus' Name".

That is the process. If the sick person has enough faith to acknowledge that it is God's will for the healing to take place and is prepared to accept the healing after the command is given, then there is enough faith on that person's part.

The person ministering needs to have the faith to approach the sick person and offer the ministry and then to give the command. He cannot promise anything because the results are then up to the Lord.

I am learning something about God's ways. His ways are different from ours. He is not limited by our time-frame. The principle is that through faith and patience we inherit the promises. Some people get healed immediately, others recover over a period of time, still others never get healed. This is not a failure on the part of the person ministering or the one being ministered to. It is just that God's ways are not our ways, but we minister and receive healing through obedience to God's Word and not for results.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe @Oscarr that we are disciples (or should be) apprentices learning to become like our Lord and teacher.
He ..never failed to heal a single one.

So this tells me it Is US that is getting something wrong.
And I believe it is to do with where we go what we do and why.
Jesus deal is he only does what the father is doing.
So his own will was so laid to death that he only went where the spirit took him and so ended up 100% where the father was doing what be was doing.and this had 100% success.
We need to die more to self .
God has never been the problem

• Informative
Upvote 0