To what extent does the Bible shape your political opinions?

Is the Bible inspired by God and without error?

• I am a Christian, and yes, I believe that.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I am a Christian, but I don't think it is necessary to believe that.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I do not identify as a Christian, so the question isn't relevant to me.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just a curiosity question: Do you believe the Bible is inspired by God and without error? Are your political opinions shaped by what it says, or do they come from some other source?

I ask because I do call myself a “born-again, Bible-believing Christian,” and my positions on the political questions discussed in this forum flow from what I think the Bible teaches. But although many of the particular forums hosted on this site are specifically meant for Christian discussion, this political forum is explicitly open to anybody who wants to participate.

So, I just have a personal curiosity regarding how many posters on this forum do identify as Christians, and how many don’t, and then how many of them consider the Bible to be God’s inspired revelation, containing no error, and how many don't.

Understand that I do not regard any answer as “wrong.” A "right" answer is any answer that correctly states what you think.

Please add any comments that you wish to share.

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now I have conservative/Republican tendencies in the US, but I am more "middle of the road" in terms of the Bible influencing my political and social views. I acknowledge Bible and Christianity is the influence and foundation of Western civilization and recognize modern society tends to treat these more traditional values poorly, but I also have other views.

Some views I have can be considered far-right and other views as more live and let be.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not believe in Bible inerrancy. I am sure it affects my views, but I don’t use a shoe horn to make the two “compatible”.

That said, I was reading Two Corinthians the other day...

Upvote 0