To properly keep the devil away from you?

Elvenkind

May 16, 2010
✟7,834.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I prayed yesterday about the pain I'm living in, not physical but psychologically and begged to feel alive again. Constanly feeling attacked by mind, burning arrows in the soul. Condemnation and judgement was what my life have been filled about for decades. Being the worst person, alone in the word, different from other people, fear and not peace, dredd instead of joy. So I thought what was the good fruits Jesus said would be part of our saviour, and me feeling like tiztles and thornes. I felt like God had left me alone.

After I had been praying for good fruits. I realized that it was not my mind, not my flesh I battled again, but good and evil spirits and the devil, in the theatre of life. My desperation for deliverance were therefore to simply realizing that what I was fighting against in myself were the devil and not myself. I said: In the name of Jesus, be gone devil, from my dwelling.

After that, and today, I've felt alive again. I feel that I have found the shield of faith, that protect me from the burning arrows, but am afraid to loose it again.

So my question is: Do you understand what I'm talking about or do you understand it and have something relevent to it.

Reactions: Rhamiel

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Agreed but understand its an ongoing battle.

Ephesians 6:10-18New International Version (NIV)

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Elvenkind. You had some good replies, and may I give mine also?
God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. Love covers a multitude of sins, and Love keeps the devil and all followers away from us.
Jesus gave us good advice in Matthew 22: 35-40: " The first Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." Jesus also told us in verse 40:
" on these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," change from being selfish and unloving to be Loving and Caring. In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: "Ask
and you shall receive," ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all Love and Joy with your neighbour. ( all you know and all you meet, friends and not friends) Keep asking for, and receiving Love and Joy, then thank God and share all Love and Joy with your neighbour. God sees you loving efforts,
and God approves and bless you. The Holy Spirit will help and guide you, and Jesus our Saviour will lead you all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
Always remember: Satan and all followers will run away from Love. People will treat you the same as you will treat people, and Satan and followers will
run away from all love, kindness and compassion. You might stumble and forget at times, but then ask God to forgive you, and carry on Loving and Caring. I say this with love, Elvenkind. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I prayed yesterday about the pain I'm living in, not physical but psychologically and begged to feel alive again. Constanly feeling attacked by mind, burning arrows in the soul. Condemnation and judgement was what my life have been filled about for decades. Being the worst person, alone in the word, different from other people, fear and not peace, dredd instead of joy. So I thought what was the good fruits Jesus said would be part of our saviour, and me feeling like tiztles and thornes. I felt like God had left me alone.

Have you accepted Jesus as your Saviour and Lord? Until you have, you are cut off from the life God has for you in Christ. The joy, and peace, and contentment God holds out to all of us are not items God gives to us. When we receive these things it is as a result of knowing God better, of having more of Him. God is the peace, God is the joy, God is the contentment of the Christian's life. You can't have any of these things apart from God; for He is these things. So, when a person asks God for more peace, more inner stability, more joy, they are asking for more of Him. If a person is going to experience more of God in their life, they must do so by submitting more completely to Him. God cannot be a mere accessory to one's life. His natural place, His rightful place, in the life of every person is right at the center of their life. And when He isn't, to the degree He isn't, the life of joy, peace and love that flows from Him into all of His children is prevented from doing so.

If you are saved, if you have had a spiritual, second birth, God has promised that you will forever be one of His children. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Even when you feel like He has, the truth is that He is as near to you as He has ever been.

After I had been praying for good fruits. I realized that it was not my mind, not my flesh I battled again, but good and evil spirits and the devil, in the theatre of life.

Well, the devil attacks you on the battlefield of your mind. And he provokes your flesh to aid him in his assault. All believers fight spiritually on three fronts: The World, the Flesh, and the Devil. And these three usually attack in concert. This is why it is so vital for a believer to know how to battle spiritually!

My desperation for deliverance were therefore to simply realizing that what I was fighting against in myself were the devil and not myself. I said: In the name of Jesus, be gone devil, from my dwelling.

After that, and today, I've felt alive again. I feel that I have found the shield of faith, that protect me from the burning arrows, but am afraid to loose it again.

The name and blood of Jesus are supremely powerful over the forces of darkness. They don't rest upon anything within you. They are powerful all of themselves. You don't, then, have to be worried about losing the power of these things. Their power was never yours in the first place.

So my question is: Do you understand what I'm talking about or do you understand it and have something relevent to it.

I struggled as a young man (I'm nearly fifty now) very badly with anxiety, OCD, and depression. God set me free from all three things as I learned how to walk well with Him and to fight the good fight of faith. I know what it is to be right at the very edge of sanity and to look into the abyss and feel like I'm hanging on to God by my fingernails. Of course, this was all an illusion. I had to learn that my reality must be shaped by God's truth, and when it is, the lies of the devil are emptied of their power and his attacks are defeated.

Selah.

Reactions: Elvenkind
Upvote 0
K

Kiritsugu Emiyah

ElvenKind

Your story, name and avatar reminded me of Gimli and the Lady Galadriel

"She looked upon Gimli, who sat glowering and sad, and she smiled. And the Dwarf, hearing the names given in his own ancient tongue, looked up and met her eyes; and it seemed to him that he looked suddenly into the heart of an enemy and saw there love and understanding. Wonder came into his face, and then he smiled in answer"

I think someone taught you that you were the worst person in the world and taught you to be afraid and ashamed and like Gimli you just need to suddenly and amazing learn that someone loves you and understands you and accepts you in a way that doesn't need to change you but lets you be exactly who you are.

Upvote 0

bottledwater

Under Construction
Mar 1, 2015
✟1,505.00
Faith
Christian
I am really happy that you have found some relief in all of this sister. Just remember that the evil one can be relentless.
I would also suggest that you concentrate more on the Lord, and less on what the evil one may be up to. I have a hunch that he wants to rob the Lord of some of our attention.
Again, I rejoice with you. I love you sister.
Godspeed

Upvote 0

Elvenkind

May 16, 2010
✟7,834.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for the answers, I do certainly need it. Going for an appointment soon at a therapist. The first time I met her, I spent a full hour crying hysterically when I admitted my disapointment in God not helping me. Probably didn't help her much in her clinical view on religion as something wrong in the brain somewhere.

Emmy: I agree with what you say, but still it doesn't really answer my question. It's not my lack of love I struggle with. I forgive everyone and pray for my enemies, in all situations I do what I can about how to show empathy toward them. When it comes to for example news about horrible things happening in the world, I cannot watch it anymore, because it hurt so much. I never say no if someone need me. I don't judge others, except myself - that's the hardest part, to overcome my largest enemy, myself.

But when it comes to God, it is different, because for so many years life have been a constant misery that when I now pray it feels like talking to a stone, just a feeling of pointlessness, since I've prayed for so long, for just some peace in my life and have something, no matter what, to be happy about. So it is very difficult to turn to God, because I feel He is no longer there for me.

Aiki: Yes, I'm a Christian, accepted and never going to let go of Jesus, like He never lets go of me.

Maybe what I'm doing wrong is just what I told to Emmy, that when I lift up my hands in prayer, they feel like lead and my voice like whisper getting interrupted by the thought and experience of feeling not getting heard no matter what I do. And you say that the joy and peace I'm looking for is found in God, so I guess I'm stuck, because how can I believe when I have given up on Him to ever care. I walk this endless desert and nowhere do I see any help.

You share many things of what is named "mental illness" these days, and I have the same problems. I'm diagnosed c-ptsd and bipolar1, social anxiety, ocd and what have youm, and have been told that the only thing that have prevented me from going full schizofrenic is my ability to see myself in 3rd person. For almost 20 years I've begged God to become free from these horrors, but unlike you, things have just kept going worse. Before I became a Christian I had some problems with depression and some signs of what to come, I was a painter and got intoxicated by expressing myself, I had lots of friends and no problems with love. But today I have no friends, I have no interest in anything anymore - nothing, like living in a coma, being dead live. And when I were a rebellios teenager I smoked some pot, and in fact first time met Jesus and instantly got saved i was alredy stoned, but felt the "vibes" filling the room and myself when talking about Jesus and Christianity as something so good that I couldn't ever let go of it again - people said they had never expected someone like me to become religious. But after Christianity I've become stedily worse, it's simply a miracle that I'm still here alive after suicide attempts,overdosing, endless hospitalizations in mental institutions, I had a year in a rehab just months ago, I became addicted to tranquilizers and heroin, still using stuff like Valium today, though given from the doctors and also opiate-treatment, so I'm off the street, I don't live a life that I feel God disaprove of anymore. I have a son from a previous relationship that didn't work out at all, but have been denied to see him for about 5 years by his fostermother/grandmother, that also block out the rest of my family, don't know what he looks like anymore or what he is doing if he got friends etc. I've been homeless and digging into dumpsters for food. I've been a constant target for bullies and violent people that look at me as some naive hippy that they hate without me knowing why.

So how can I pray when God have promisted bread during prayers, but instead have been given stones and scorpions? I don't know why I have kept on believing at all, in the face of the lack of anything of what seemed to have been promised. I've often thought of the words by Jesus that it is better to be cold then lukewarm, and I'm not cold by disbelief, but neither burning for Christ, since I'm living this vacuum that I certainly don't want or seek, I wish I could burn, but how can I, when I constantly are walking alone, not seeing the Lord that I still trust and love and never will give up?

Kiritsugu: My name in my native language means "elf", so I love elves, so spot on :)

I know logically and theologically that God loves me, but no peace, no rest.

Bottledwater: I know, probably more then most, that the devil is relentless. He is either trying to kill me from inside, or if I sometimes wake up and realize what he is doing to me, then he completely lets go and instead try to lead me into temptations. He is the accuser, the pointy finger, the one who remembers all the bad things what I would be like to forget and make me forget what I would like to remember of good things. He wants me to know there is no hope, that I'm not like others, my sins are too grave, that I should just give up, destroy myself etc.

I want to focus more on Jesus, but like I've said above in this post, my hands feel tied, my mouth glued together, my thoughts chaos. I want more faith, but how can I continue to have faith, how can I still focus only on the dead tree in my withered garden, with nothing else then thistles and thornes to eat. How can I rejoice in that. How can I pray in honesty without feeling words getting stuck in my throut. I need help I don't have to ask for, help from God, cause obviously there's nothing I can do in myself. I wan't God to be the one I cannot be, inside me, transforming my desert into gardens..

I burn incense every day and just tell God that I'll continue to do this, to let the sweet smoke raise up to heaven until he answers all the prayers I've prayed and bless me just with what I need to live a life, not in pain, but content in Him alone. I don't need anything else. I hate this world and this life, so maybe the smoke rising up soon will remind him about me and all the prayers that have been gotten lost in the air somewhere.

Love to all of you. May God bless you more then what I wish I myself could have been blessed in, above all you yourself could imagine could be true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Focusing on Christ's future-coming physical evidence of himself, even though his spiritual evidence is invisible to the flesh through our eyes and ears, is unseen future-coming evidence in his Second Coming future victory return, and requires patience knowing that his new resurrected perfect self with the supernatural power of eternal youth and disease-free, disability-free superhuman qualities of the mind and body - are also our future-coming unseen-for-now physical evidence of our genius-intelligent minds and measure-perfect bodies of Christ:.
What Adam and Eve had done wrong, Jesus Christ has to put right, even though for now, we as believers of Christ need to stay in faith with Christ's one of the most important fruits being patience, as we can become emotionally upset by acting impatiently, just like walking to and fro at the bus depot for that city bus or train:.
Once you have Jesus as your spiritual partner, he can be felt on a spiritual level with his abundance of peace and joy, and yet our aging human bodies can deny all that abundance, simply because our bodies are at that cocoon stage, just like a caterpillar in it's sleep hibernation vessel, and when Jesus returns in his Second Coming, the supernatural triple transformation on human, planet Earth and universe is critical if we are going to be like that beautiful butterfly, free to travel and socialize with any of our many new brothers and sisters of Christ on a new natural disaster-free and paradise Earth.;'*';.
:liturgy:

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Aiki: Yes, I'm a Christian, accepted and never going to let go of Jesus, like He never lets go of me.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Maybe what I'm doing wrong is just what I told to Emmy, that when I lift up my hands in prayer, they feel like lead and my voice like whisper getting interrupted by the thought and experience of feeling not getting heard no matter what I do.
Well, here's the thing: What you feel here is not what is true. The Bible, God's Word, says that God does hear the prayers of His children and when those prayers are from a righteous, submitted heart and are made in accord with His will He will not only hear but answer those prayers. So, what are you going to believe? What you feel? Or what God says to you in His Word? God calls of His children to "walk by faith, not by sight." That is, we must walk with God trusting that what He says is true even when our feelings and experience don't correspond. Until a child of God learns to walk by faith rather than by sight, they will vacillate, and doubt, and stumble in their relationship with their Maker.

And you say that the joy and peace I'm looking for is found in God, so I guess I'm stuck, because how can I believe when I have given up on Him to ever care. I walk this endless desert and nowhere do I see any help.
But the desert is an illusion. God has not left you. It is a lie that He does not care about you. You have only to look into the pages of your Bible to see how much God loves you!

You share many things of what is named "mental illness" these days, and I have the same problems. I'm diagnosed c-ptsd and bipolar1, social anxiety, ocd and what have you, and have been told that the only thing that have prevented me from going full schizofrenic is my ability to see myself in 3rd person.
I understand at least some of what you are experiencing. No fun at all.

For almost 20 years I've begged God to become free from these horrors, but unlike you, things have just kept going worse.
Friend, God does not instantly remedy our struggles and problems. Instead, He uses them to teach and strengthen us and to deepen our faith in Him. If you have been born again, you have within you the Holy Spirit of God and in him you will find all the power you need to be the person God has called you to be. What is needed is for you to place yourself in humble submission to God's Spirit, to offer yourself a "living sacrifice" to God. And as you remain in a place of yieldedness to God, the life of Christ will flow in and through you by the Holy Spirit and He will slowly, subtly but profoundly change you.

Before I became a Christian I had some problems with depression and some signs of what to come, I was a painter and got intoxicated by expressing myself, I had lots of friends and no problems with love. But today I have no friends, I have no interest in anything anymore - nothing, like living in a coma, being dead live.
This is a common condition of those who struggle as you do and have been heavily medicated.

And when I were a rebellios teenager I smoked some pot, and in fact first time met Jesus and instantly got saved i was alredy stoned, but felt the "vibes" filling the room and myself when talking about Jesus and Christianity as something so good that I couldn't ever let go of it again - people said they had never expected someone like me to become religious. But after Christianity I've become stedily worse, it's simply a miracle that I'm still here alive after suicide attempts,overdosing, endless hospitalizations in mental institutions, I had a year in a rehab just months ago, I became addicted to tranquilizers and heroin, still using stuff like Valium today, though given from the doctors and also opiate-treatment, so I'm off the street, I don't live a life that I feel God disaprove of anymore. I have a son from a previous relationship that didn't work out at all, but have been denied to see him for about 5 years by his fostermother/grandmother, that also block out the rest of my family, don't know what he looks like anymore or what he is doing if he got friends etc. I've been homeless and digging into dumpsters for food. I've been a constant target for bullies and violent people that look at me as some naive hippy that they hate without me knowing why.
This is where sin takes all who forsake the wisdom and commandments of God. Fortunately, no one has to say in the pig pen of sin. They can return home to the loving, waiting arms of their Heavenly Father.

So how can I pray when God have promised bread during prayers, but instead have been given stones and scorpions?
The passage you're thinking of is about God giving the good gift of His Spirit to all who ask Him for it. God will not stint or withhold His Spirit from anyone who desires to be filled by it. The passage, though, does not promise that God will give us whatever we want.

I don't know why I have kept on believing at all, in the face of the lack of anything of what seemed to have been promised. I've often thought of the words by Jesus that it is better to be cold then lukewarm, and I'm not cold by disbelief, but neither burning for Christ, since I'm living this vacuum that I certainly don't want or seek, I wish I could burn, but how can I, when I constantly are walking alone, not seeing the Lord that I still trust and love and never will give up?
What a man sows, that shall he also reap. If you sow to your flesh, you will of your flesh reap corruption. This is what Paul the apostle warns us of in his letter to the Galatian Christians. It is not God's fault you are suffering the death that sin always brings to the sinner's life. You are simply bearing the consequences of sinful choices, one of which is that God seems a million miles away. Sin breaks our fellowship with God, but it can never break our relationship with Him as our Heavenly Father. If you want fellowship with God restored you must follow the advice of the apostle John:

1 John 1:5-9
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

We all sin. It's an unhappy reality of being sin-cursed creatures. But we don't have to be ruled by sin, nor do we have to suffer endlessly the breaking of our fellowship with God that sin causes. If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness! And when He does this for us, our fellowship with Him is restored.

Selah.

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

After I had been praying for good fruits. I realized that it was not my mind, not my flesh I battled again, but good and evil spirits and the devil, in the theatre of life. My desperation for deliverance were therefore to simply realizing that what I was fighting against in myself were the devil and not myself. I said: In the name of Jesus, be gone devil, from my dwelling.

I have read prior posts and all were relevant and on target. One scripture I did not see mentioned was 2 Cor 10:3-6, which covers the importance of what you think.

"3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, 6 and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete.

When this is completely explained, as a teaching, you will see that you have huge power over the enemy and the thoughts he can induce. Applying this along with the other scriptures mentioned, you will eventually have no more difficulties that originate in your mind. The devil is already defeated and you have dominion over him and his mischief.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elvenkind

May 16, 2010
✟7,834.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
@Elvenkink I see by your faith icon that you are Eastern Orthodox. Have you talked to your priest about these issues?

Eeastern-Orthodox is what i feel is closest to my sense of what Christianity is about, I love byzantine chanting, the hymns, incense and try to stay true to the origial faith, like all the body of Christ used to be (until the patriarch in Rome insisted on being the best one, and until Luther, and then the millions of post-Lutheran denominations, some with much wrong teachings), but I have no formal church life. The only Orthodox church in my city is more like a latvian social club. And I don't understand all of the initiation I have to go trough. In short: No, I don't have a priest to talk with

Focusing on Christ's future-coming physical evidence of himself, even though his spiritual evidence is invisible to the flesh through our eyes and ears, is unseen future-coming evidence in his Second Coming future victory return, and requires patience knowing that his new resurrected perfect self with the supernatural power of eternal youth and disease-free, disability-free superhuman qualities of the mind and body - are also our future-coming unseen-for-now physical evidence of our genius-intelligent minds and measure-perfect bodies of Christ:.
What Adam and Eve had done wrong, Jesus Christ has to put right, even though for now, we as believers of Christ need to stay in faith with Christ's one of the most important fruits being patience, as we can become emotionally upset by acting impatiently, just like walking to and fro at the bus depot for that city bus or train:.
Once you have Jesus as your spiritual partner, he can be felt on a spiritual level with his abundance of peace and joy, and yet our aging human bodies can deny all that abundance, simply because our bodies are at that cocoon stage, just like a caterpillar in it's sleep hibernation vessel, and when Jesus returns in his Second Coming, the supernatural triple transformation on human, planet Earth and universe is critical if we are going to be like that beautiful butterfly, free to travel and socialize with any of our many new brothers and sisters of Christ on a new natural disaster-free and paradise Earth.;'*';.
:liturgy:
"Once you have Jesus as your spiritual partner, he can be felt on a spiritual level with his abundance of peace and joy"

Thanks for the long post, but I'm sorry I didn't understand very much of it.

I do honestly feel I have Jesus as my "partner", I hope a friend. But I have no spiritual level feeling like you describe, not peace and joy.

Bless you

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well, here's the thing: What you feel here is not what is true. The Bible, God's Word, says that God does hear the prayers of His children and when those prayers are from a righteous, submitted heart and are made in accord with His will He will not only hear but answer those prayers. So, what are you going to believe? What you feel? Or what God says to you in His Word? God calls of His children to "walk by faith, not by sight." That is, we must walk with God trusting that what He says is true even when our feelings and experience don't correspond. Until a child of God learns to walk by faith rather than by sight, they will vacillate, and doubt, and stumble in their relationship with their Maker.
- What you write here is a bit annoying, that I'm not believing in God because of feelings. My point were clearly not about feelings, but how my life have turned into insanity, attempts of suicide and I suffer so badly that I only want a simple life from God, one with a feeling of life, maybe to paint again like I did in my teens. To not have a sledgehammer bashing down on me day after day. I HAVE been praying, so much, but my point is that I need help from God that I cannot manage on my own, I need Him to take over, He knows what my prayers are, I don't ask for much, just quiet days with gladness in the little things of life, studies and devotion to the Lord. Because these prayers he don't answer. Not all prayers get answers, but to be living in suffering and begging the lord for relief, if only for a moment. why can't he help me? Why am I left in the hands of the devil. I only want God. Do you understand my point? It¨'s not about something I feel. It's real. I need help, seriously, I've prayed, but in lack of answers my faith has dwindled away.

But the desert is an illusion. God has not left you. It is a lie that He does not care about you. You have only to look into the pages of your Bible to see how much God loves you!

I can look at the bible, but reality don't manifest much of it at all. I can think "illusion" instead of the desert that really are there, methaforically, thats how life feel. Beiing thirsty for life. "God has not left me", then why is he not here helping me, let me know he love me, but insteadd remain silent, like praying to an Idol, could as well be stone and wood with this Lord that let my short life just be misery. If I did pray to an idol, the same would happen. Probably a disapointing feeling, that the painted god don't seem alive.

You really don't understand.

Friend, God does not instantly remedy our struggles and problems. Instead, He uses them to teach and strengthen us and to deepen our faith in Him. If you have been born again, you have within you the Holy Spirit of God and in him you will find all the power you need to be the person God has called you to be. What is needed is for you to place yourself in humble submission to God's Spirit, to offer yourself a "living sacrifice" to God. And as you remain in a place of yieldedness to God, the life of Christ will flow in and through you by the Holy Spirit and He will slowly, subtly but profoundly change you.

I've done that. But like i wrote in first post, nothing much have changed at all, and much of it have changed to something far worse then before I became a Christian.

This is a common condition of those who struggle as you do and have been heavily medicated.

This is where sin takes all who forsake the wisdom and commandments of God. Fortunately, no one has to say in the pig pen of sin. They can return home to the loving, waiting arms of their Heavenly Father.

The passage you're thinking of is about God giving the good gift of His Spirit to all who ask Him for it. God will not stint or withhold His Spirit from anyone who desires to be filled by it. The passage, though, does not promise that God will give us whatever we want.

What a man sows, that shall he also reap. If you sow to your flesh, you will of your flesh reap corruption. This is what Paul the apostle warns us of in his letter to the Galatian Christians. It is not God's fault you are suffering the death that sin always brings to the sinner's life. You are simply bearing the consequences of sinful choices, one of which is that God seems a million miles away. Sin breaks our fellowship with God, but it can never break our relationship with Him as our Heavenly Father. If you want fellowship with God restored you must follow the advice of the apostle

F*ck you! judging me as a sinner and on the lack in the miserable sinful life I must have in your eyes to not be as you say things should be.

John:

1 John 1:5-9
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

We all sin. It's an unhappy reality of being sin-cursed creatures. But we don't have to be ruled by sin, nor do we have to suffer endlessly the breaking of our fellowship with God that sin causes. If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness! And when He does this for us, our fellowship with Him is restored.

Your point in the end, seem to be that I haven't really told the truth in 1st post, about how my life is, but instead I got such a sinful life and such a lack in spiritualiy, that it's obvious - or rather deserving - that I suffer.

I started to think about Job at once, with one of his friends blaming the suffering on Job and his lack of godliness. And God refuted this claim. Job really did have a hard time.

Also Paul were beaten by demons, but he had had great revelations and miraculous power through his hands, in the name of Jesus, and that seem to be the explanation - so he slhoud not become narcissistic or similar.

Selah.

I have read prior posts and all were relevant and on target. One scripture I did not see mentioned was 2 Cor 10:3-6, which covers the importance of what you think.

"3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, 6 and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete.

When this is completely explained, as a teaching, you will see that you have huge power over the enemy and the thoughts he can induce. Applying this along with the other scriptures mentioned, you will eventually have no more difficulties that originate in your mind. The devil is already defeated and you have dominion over him and his mischief.

Hey, thanks a lot, that was powerful words that spoke right into my situation. "for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses." So powerful, it really lifted me up. I think I'll try to find some way to put those verses on the computer screen to remind me. You talked right into my pain.:hug:

Thank you everyone for your answers. Be blessed in all things and most of all in Jesus, in ripe fruit. Amen.

Upvote 0

4evrhis

Mar 14, 2015
Joplin Missouri
✟258.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Oh yes, I ask the Lord for protection from the evil one daily!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What you write here is a bit annoying, that I'm not believing in God because of feelings. My point were clearly not about feelings,

Oh? That's not the impression you gave in what you wrote.
"...that when I lift up my hands in prayer, they feel like lead and my voice like whisper getting interrupted by the thought and experience of feeling not getting heard no matter what I do."Sounds like you're talking about feelings to me...

but how my life have turned into insanity, attempts of suicide and I suffer so badly that I only want a simple life from God, one with a feeling of life, maybe to paint again like I did in my teens.

Again, this sounds like you want a certain set of feelings. But feelings come and go. They never remain the same for very long. Wouldn't it be better to anchor your life to the unchanging, stable facts of God's Word rather than to constantly shifting feelings?I think so.

To not have a sledgehammer bashing down on me day after day. I HAVE been praying, so much, but my point is that I need help from God that I cannot manage on my own, I need Him to take over, He knows what my prayers are, I don't ask for much, just quiet days with gladness in the little things of life, studies and devotion to the Lord.

If you are God's child, He has already given you everything you need to live a life pleasing to Him. And it is in living such a life that you will find true peace and contentment.

Because these prayers he don't answer.

Because you already have what you're asking for in the Person of the Holy Spirit who lives within you.In the Holy Spirit you will find love, joy, peace, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control. And when you have these things flowing from God's Spirit into your life you will feel very differently than you do now.

Not all prayers get answers, but to be living in suffering and begging the lord for relief, if only for a moment. why can't he help me? Why am I left in the hands of the devil. I only want God. Do you understand my point? It¨'s not about something I feel. It's real. I need help, seriously, I've prayed, but in lack of answers my faith has dwindled away.

You only want God? Wonderful! You have Him! His Holy Spirit lives within you, as the Bible says. Do you believe it? Or must you feel it, too, before you will?

I can look at the bible, but reality don't manifest much of it at all.

Nonetheless, it is true. When you must choose between what God says and what you are experiencing, if you choose what you experience as the truth of things, it will continue to be what it is. If you choose to believe God no matter what your experience is, then it is that His truth begins to shape your reality.

I can think "illusion" instead of the desert that really are there, methaforically, thats how life feel. Beiing thirsty for life. "God has not left me", then why is he not here helping me, let me know he love me, but insteadd remain silent, like praying to an Idol, could as well be stone and wood with this Lord that let my short life just be misery. If I did pray to an idol, the same would happen. Probably a disapointing feeling, that the painted god don't seem alive.

God told the Israelites, His Chosen People, that He had given to them the land of Canaan. It was a land overflowing with milk and honey, the Bible says. But when the Israelites got to the borders of Canaan and sent spies to check out the land, they discovered it was inhabited by giants. The Israelites had a choice to make at that point: were they going to trust God and go in and take the land? Or were they going to let the giants of Canaan scare them into doubting God? Well, the majority of them went with what they saw and felt and refused to go into Canaan. As a result, they never experienced the promise of God to them about the land. It was theirs; all they had to do was trust God's promise over what they saw and felt and act on it. Because they didn't, they spent the rest of their lives wandering in the desert.

All followers of Christ face the same choice: believe God or believe what they see and feel. Just like the Israelites, it is only when believers trust God and stand on His promises no matter what they see or feel, that they enter into God's Promised Land of joy and peace and fellowship with Him.What choice will you make.

Hebrews 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

2 Corinthians 5:7
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

You really don't understand.

Yes, I do. I suffered very seriously with anxiety, OCD and depression when I was a young man. I know very well what it is like to be suicidal, and despairing, and utterly exhausted by the mere act of living. But God lifted me out of all of it as I began to understand the things I'm telling you. He can do the same for you.

I've done that. But like i wrote in first post, nothing much have changed at all, and much of it have changed to something far worse then before I became a Christian.

Then you have misunderstood what I've written to you. What do you think submission to the Holy Spirit looks like, exactly?

F*ck you! judging me as a sinner and on the lack in the miserable sinful life I must have in your eyes to not be as you say things should be.

Are you not a sinner? God says you are. He says we all are. Why resent this truth? Admitting it is the starting point of getting right with God.

Your point in the end, seem to be that I haven't really told the truth in 1st post, about how my life is, but instead I got such a sinful life and such a lack in spiritualiy, that it's obvious - or rather deserving - that I suffer.

Sin and suffering go together, though not all suffering is because of our sin. Suffering is also often because of a lack of knowledge. I read of a man who lived as a homeless person even though he had inherited several million dollars. He didn't know he had inherited so much money, so he continued to live as a homeless person. Christians do this sort of thing, too. They don't know what God has given to them as His children and so they live as spiritual homeless people, struggling to get by, full of depression, and fear and loneliness.

I started to think about Job at once, with one of his friends blaming the suffering on Job and his lack of godliness. And God refuted this claim. Job really did have a hard time.

Sure. But the things you've written indicate that your situation isn't like Job's. You know, it sounds like you don't want to accept any responsibility for your present circumstances. I can't see that your problems will change until you do.

Also Paul were beaten by demons, but he had had great revelations and miraculous power through his hands, in the name of Jesus, and that seem to be the explanation - so he slhoud not become narcissistic or similar.

Are you suggesting that your life and Paul's are the same? When were you last beaten for preaching the Gospel? When were you last imprisoned for telling others about Christ? When were you a missionary to the lost, sacrificing your life for God's kingdom? Paul had a hard time precisely because He was obeying God. Can you say the same?

I get that you're frustrated and hurting. I understand wanting God to just take it all away at once. He didn't do that for me and I doubt He will do so for you. Instead, He will bring you into a deeper understanding of the things I've written to you - if you'll let Him.

Selah.

Upvote 0

Elvenkind

May 16, 2010
✟7,834.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Oh? That's not the impression you gave in what you wrote.
"...that when I lift up my hands in prayer, they feel like lead and my voice like whisper getting interrupted by the thought and experience of feeling not getting heard no matter what I do."Sounds like you're talking about feelings to me...

Again, this sounds like you want a certain set of feelings. But feelings come and go. They never remain the same for very long. Wouldn't it be better to anchor your life to the unchanging, stable facts of God's Word rather than to constantly shifting feelings?I think so.

If you are God's child, He has already given you everything you need to live a life pleasing to Him. And it is in living such a life that you will find true peace and contentment.

Because you already have what you're asking for in the Person of the Holy Spirit who lives within you.In the Holy Spirit you will find love, joy, peace, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control. And when you have these things flowing from God's Spirit into your life you will feel very differently than you do now.

You only want God? Wonderful! You have Him! His Holy Spirit lives within you, as the Bible says. Do you believe it? Or must you feel it, too, before you will?

Nonetheless, it is true. When you must choose between what God says and what you are experiencing, if you choose what you experience as the truth of things, it will continue to be what it is. If you choose to believe God no matter what your experience is, then it is that His truth begins to shape your reality.

God told the Israelites, His Chosen People, that He had given to them the land of Canaan. It was a land overflowing with milk and honey, the Bible says. But when the Israelites got to the borders of Canaan and sent spies to check out the land, they discovered it was inhabited by giants. The Israelites had a choice to make at that point: were they going to trust God and go in and take the land? Or were they going to let the giants of Canaan scare them into doubting God? Well, the majority of them went with what they saw and felt and refused to go into Canaan. As a result, they never experienced the promise of God to them about the land. It was theirs; all they had to do was trust God's promise over what they saw and felt and act on it. Because they didn't, they spent the rest of their lives wandering in the desert.

All followers of Christ face the same choice: believe God or believe what they see and feel. Just like the Israelites, it is only when believers trust God and stand on His promises no matter what they see or feel, that they enter into God's Promised Land of joy and peace and fellowship with Him.What choice will you make.

Hebrews 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

2 Corinthians 5:7
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Yes, I do. I suffered very seriously with anxiety, OCD and depression when I was a young man. I know very well what it is like to be suicidal, and despairing, and utterly exhausted by the mere act of living. But God lifted me out of all of it as I began to understand the things I'm telling you. He can do the same for you.

Then you have misunderstood what I've written to you. What do you think submission to the Holy Spirit looks like, exactly?

Are you not a sinner? God says you are. He says we all are. Why resent this truth? Admitting it is the starting point of getting right with God.

Sin and suffering go together, though not all suffering is because of our sin. Suffering is also often because of a lack of knowledge. I read of a man who lived as a homeless person even though he had inherited several million dollars. He didn't know he had inherited so much money, so he continued to live as a homeless person. Christians do this sort of thing, too. They don't know what God has given to them as His children and so they live as spiritual homeless people, struggling to get by, full of depression, and fear and loneliness.

Sure. But the things you've written indicate that your situation isn't like Job's. You know, it sounds like you don't want to accept any responsibility for your present circumstances. I can't see that your problems will change until you do.

Are you suggesting that your life and Paul's are the same? When were you last beaten for preaching the Gospel? When were you last imprisoned for telling others about Christ? When were you a missionary to the lost, sacrificing your life for God's kingdom? Paul had a hard time precisely because He was obeying God. Can you say the same?

I get that you're frustrated and hurting. I understand wanting God to just take it all away at once. He didn't do that for me and I doubt He will do so for you. Instead, He will bring you into a deeper understanding of the things I've written to you - if you'll let Him.

Selah.

You are a bit patronizing about what you consider my feelings, and mix them together as if I think feelings are God. But that is not the case. The metaphor for "feeling like the hands are made of lead" is not about uncomfortable feelings, but a description of my relationship with reality and God. Reality tell me that things have been pretty bad to my life, so common sense tells me that it's fair to be upset. God say something else in the scriptures. So ergo you seem to doubt that I'm "God's child". Who are you to judge who is written in His book?

Sorry if I offended you any way. The tone seem hostile. Forgive me if I started it.

The last days things have changed dramatically for the better in my life and I have reason to be happy. I can see how the everyday is going to be easier now. My faith "feel" strong. I had forgotten about Christian Forums. But what I said I don't deny. I have lived according to the will of God and it has been horrible the same time. Some of my worst periods of my life have also been my most devoted. Some Christians, without God-given reasons, live through horrible lives. For example by my talk with people on the street, I've noticed an unusual amount of tragedy that probably led to drug-abuse and poverty. I've also seen people that don't bother what evil they do, but have all they want. Life is meaningless this way.

Blessings!

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You are a bit patronizing about what you consider my feelings, and mix them together as if I think feelings are God. But that is not the case.

If you read more of my posts, you'll see that I write in a straightforward, matter-of-fact way. I'm not patronizing you, I'm just direct and sometimes rather prescriptive.

No, I don't think you're confusing feelings with God. But you do seem to think feelings should lead the charge in how you decide what is true and real.

Reality tell me that things have been pretty bad to my life, so common sense tells me that it's fair to be upset. God say something else in the scriptures. So ergo you seem to doubt that I'm "God's child". Who are you to judge who is written in His book?

The Bible doesn't tell you to deny your feelings are what they are, but the Bible never suggests that when your feelings seem to contradict it, you ought to go with your feelings. Be upset if that is what you wish, just be careful not to believe everything you feel is always what is true - especially when it comes to walking with God.

I have no idea whether or not you are God's child. But the things you've written give me cause to wonder. You know, the Bible gives us a bunch of ways we can tell if we are saved or not. For instance, Jesus said, "By their fruit you shall know them." In other words, if you say you are a child of God but you don't bear spiritual fruit that shows that you are, and you act in a way that is wicked and sinful, well, your "fruit" is showing what sort of "tree" you are. Do you think the fruit of your life shows that you are one of Jesus' disciples?

Sorry if I offended you any way. The tone seem hostile. Forgive me if I started it.

Hey, no apology necessary! I have taken no offense. I have a pretty thick skin. I get that you're in a rough place right now and maybe a little...sensitive. No worries.

I have lived according to the will of God and it has been horrible the same time. Some of my worst periods of my life have also been my most devoted.

You know, I thought I was living according to the will of God when I was a twenty-something guy, but now, nearing fifty, I see how far from His will I really was back then. I wouldn't be surprised as you continue to walk with God to come to the same realization one day.

The worst periods or life are also potentially some of the most important times for growth in character and in the knowledge of God. We see God in the valleys in ways we cannot see Him on the mountaintop. When we are hard up against it we depend upon God like we rarely do when things are easy. But dependency on God is at the heart of walking well with Him. He knows this so He often brings us into times where we are crowded to Him by pain and fear that we might learn to depend fully on Him.

Some Christians, without God-given reasons, live through horrible lives.

In whatever we face - good or bad - God is always working toward one fundamental goal: to make us more like Jesus. And as we are more like Jesus, we live lives that more and more bring to God the glory He deserves. And when we are glorifying God, we are fulfilling the most basic purpose for which God made us. This is why glorifying God produces in us the greatest possible sense of fulfillment.

Sooner or later we all must endure the horrible pain of living in a world cursed and corrupted by human sin. It can be experienced just as sheer, pointless misery or as an opportunity to allow God to deepen and strengthen us and to make us more like Jesus. The choice is always ours.

I've also seen people that don't bother what evil they do, but have all they want. Life is meaningless this way.

But the life we lead here is only the tiniest part of the eternal existence we will enter into on the other side of death. God made us, not for time, but for eternity. No one gets away with it. Final justice will be served. The prosperous and unrepentant wicked of this world face an eternity of God's wrathful punishment. Those who loved God even in the midst of a miserable life on Earth will find themselves the eternal inheritors of His blessings and joy.

Selah.

Upvote 0

bottledwater

Under Construction
Mar 1, 2015
✟1,505.00
Faith
Christian
Hey, I see you are a newbie, so I just wanna give you a heads up that there are some on this site that are known for reporting others because of what they have posted. Be careful of what you say, as you will go to log on one day, and you will have been banned.. Trust me I know. I have probably been banned more than anyone, and it is difficult to get back on as the bans are usually indefinite.
I just told you this, because I would like to see you hang around and hopefully get some of the answers you are looking for, and maybe enjoy some fellowship with some of the others on here.
Don't let any of these people get to you. Most of us know that we are struggling, but there are some on here that sometimes forget that.. Myself included. Just depends on when..
Anyhow, I love you sister, and I hope that you find a loving home here on this site..
Myself, I like how it challenges my thinking, and forces me to go and look up in scripture some of the things that others post.
God bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elvenkind

May 16, 2010
✟7,834.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In other words, if you say you are a child of God but you don't bear spiritual fruit that shows that you are, and you act in a way that is wicked and sinful, well, your "fruit" is showing what sort of "tree" you are. Do you think the fruit of your life shows that you are one of Jesus' disciples?

Thank you, but I rather not have any advice from you. I have the devil to turn to if I want someone to point their finger at me and doubt my faith in Jesus.

I get that you're in a rough place right now and maybe a little...sensitive.

Yes, I'm very sensitive. I've become good at reading people through life and you don't want me any good. I forgive you, but I rather not have any more replies from you. I hope you won't experience any of the same things I've gone through, then to be told by fellow Christians that you are having problems in life because you are not really a Christian at all.

Upvote 0