To know Christ is only possible in the Orthodox Church?

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And how does that square with the idea in the red bit that says they cannot be considered Christian? Surely you see the problem we have understanding how both of those things can be true at the same time.

I never said they cannot be considered Christian. I am not the author of the article that was quoted.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never said they cannot be considered Christian. I am not the author of the article that was quoted.

You asked how that red bit does not agree with you . Now I ask how it does anything but disagree .

This does not seems to agree with Matt...

what doesn't agree with me?

The bit in Red...

how does that not agree with me?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK got it... The article was supposedly representing the teachings of the Orthodox Church.

Which Matt asked to know how it disagreed with his view when you pointed out that it did not seem to. I don't recall anyone saying Matt disagreed with himself.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
OK got it... The article was supposedly representing the teachings of the Orthodox Church.

he's a priest and academic. Orthodoxy is also very nuanced and sometimes you need to go deeper into our theology when it comes to this stuff.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You asked how that red bit does not agree with you . Now I ask how it does anything but disagree .

oh, I confused myself. I would ask further if the author on what was meant. sorry everyone!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
thanks! but I dare say that only Orthodoxy can historically back up their claim.
I wasn't trying to debate or make any other point than the one you admitted was true. If you want to debate it... start a thread on the appropriate board and I will take the position that Judaism, minus the Pharisaical additions to God's word, best approximates the first century walk of our Jewish messiah and His Jewish followers. Until then... be blessed.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't trying to debate or make any other point than the one you admitted was true. If you want to debate it... start a thread on the appropriate board and I will take the position that Judaism, minus the Pharisaical additions to God's word, best approximates the first century walk of our Jewish messiah and His Jewish followers. Until then... be blessed.

you're good. I was what happens when tired eyes meet a smartphone.

if you want, just start something in St Justin's. if not, no worries.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0