To hoggers everywhere: I want my share of toilet paper, folks!

Have you recently "hog bough"t toilet paper?

• Yes, I bought more TP than my typical share.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • No, I've only bought my usual pack of TP.

Votes: 42 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It doesnt matter, they are still stocking up on more than usual, no matter who they are.

Its ok because they are not using it any quicker!! All those people will not be buying any for a month or two.

Most people are just buying a little extra, but that soon empties shelves. A few no doubt are buying silly amounts. I don't see anything wrong with buying a little extra. Things in regard to the virus might not be too bad in some countries as of now, but it might not be a normal / usual state of affairs in a week or two, we don't know, either way, if someone has a family and young children better to get out there and get some for the next couple of weeks if you are running low.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
So, why the toilet paper frenzy, among anything? Are there really that many panicky, survivalist minded people in the U.S.? Seriously? C'mon!

People are watching entire cities and countries going on complete lockdown. Footage out of China where the officials were welding apartment buildings and homes shut so the people couldn't get out.

That's what they are thinking, what if my family and I are locked up here for a month or so, what can't I run out of.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most of Europe uses Bidet's---very few in US. Never understood why they didn't catch on in the US. We'd rather wipe out the forests to make toilet paper than switch to Bidet's!
The US doesn't have the water supply Europe does

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How many preppers does it take to change a light bulb?
They're not preppers. Preppers already have their supplies and are sitting back and laughing at the lemmings.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was at the supermarket and to my horror found they had no toilet paper. I hobbled over to the help desk and in double quick time the guy found me a pack.

You can imagine how embarrassing it was struggling back to the toilet with my pants round my ankles.
May I borrow that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I suppose it's fear, but think it's greed. One man bought up all the hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes hording what he could and was re-selling them at a steep markup and even gouging on shipping on amazon. amazon put a stop to sellers making excess profit in a crisis. I suppose he's going to eBay, but he's stuck for now. The update looks like he's changing his story after death threats, but who knows -- Hixson man hoards massive inventory of hand sanitizer during COVID-19 outbreak, but now faces death threats.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/hoard...rus-stuck-with-17k-bottles-of-hand-sanitizer/

Upvote 0

Murray J

Mar 14, 2020
Auckland
✟16,356.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So, why the toilet paper frenzy, among anything? Are there really that many panicky, survivalist minded people in the U.S.? Seriously? C'mon!
The Romans used a sponge on a pole. Every home apparently had one (presumably one each.) Sounds a good alternative to me. Would save a lot of trees.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I went to the drug store and hair dye was flying off the shelves. None of this is making sense.
Ms. Potato head packs everything | Toy Story 2 (1999)

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The Romans used a sponge on a pole. Every home apparently had one (presumably one each.) Sounds a good alternative to me. Would save a lot of trees.

They found these in the public toilets also---everyone used them, yuck.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I find that to be kind of silly. What did folks do before the invention of indoor plumbing and toilet paper? I think that we're getting a little taste of real life as it is biologically, despite all of our technical efforts, and people just can't handle the reality of it all (or the smell of it).

Too young to remember outhouses and the Sears catalogs that were 3 inches thick? I remember them well.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Too young to remember outhouses and the Sears catalogs that were 3 inches thick? I remember them well.

And was there an abundance of TP for buns back then?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Too young to remember outhouses and the Sears catalogs that were 3 inches thick?
Glossy doesn't work for me (for TP). Newsprint might.

Upvote 0