To all Christian Members: Have you studied the Koran and the teachings of Islam?

mo.mentum

[One God]
Aug 9, 2003
Montreal
✟16,445.00
Faith
Muslim
vajradhara said:
Namaste fish,

ah... the old hadith. as you are undoubtely aware there is a very complex and seemingly thorough process for determining which hadiths are accurate and which are not. i am not sure which hadith you are quoting from, however, generally speaking, it seems that most of the disagreements amongst the Muslim community stem from a difference in acceptance of Hadith. There are a wide variety of Hadith attributed to different people that were associates of the Prophet (PBUH). Generally speaking, i try to understand Islam through the Qur'an and Sunnah only, as using Hadith doesn't seem so straight forward to my non-Arabic speaking mind.

so... if you wouldn't mind, would you post the source of the referenced Hadith so that i can investigate?

Another voice of reason. This indeed is a blessed day.

Upvote 0

mo.mentum

[One God]
Aug 9, 2003
Montreal
✟16,445.00
Faith
Muslim
tigersnare said:
What does Logic have to do with God??? You think God gives a flying hoot about humans logic? What a joke.

You keep calling Jesus, Christ. Do you know what Christ means?
Even your own book calls Jesus, Christ!

What is Logic if not God-given!? Has He not given you your reason and intellect so they you may ponder upon His blessings to you? God is known through reason and logic, not through blind faith and conjecture.

Christ is a latinzation of the greek word Khristos which means the annoyted one, or Messiah in Semetic languages (hebrew/arabic/aramaic)

The original name of Jesus would be 'Isa or Yasu' in Aramaic. Jesus us a latinization/helenization of that name.

So yes, God calls Jesus the Messiah in the Qur'an because that is what he was! What's your point?

tigersnare said:
Btw, the Jews are still waiting for the messiah, they are still waiting for God's son, they do not belive the things you do. If Jesus were to come now, and they finally recognized him, they would also no longer be monotheist in your eyes.

Yes. They rejected Jesus as a prophet and the Messiah. Just as they rejected a number of other prophets before Jesus.

From a Muslim point of view, the Christians reject Muhammad's simple prophethood (no where close to divinity), just as the Jews rejected Jesus.

Jesus is coming, so let us wait for him to save us from the evil and lies of the anti-christ and his unholy system.

Upvote 0

mo.mentum

[One God]
Aug 9, 2003
Montreal
✟16,445.00
Faith
Muslim
tigersnare said:
Thanks for that post, you just convicted me a little. I'm being far too agressive I suppose. It just kills me when people don't understand what Jesus did for them.

I appreciate :)

But you have to understand. What honor you bestow upon Jesus as the Saviour and Lord, i bestow that same honor to God directly. Now we can argue forever on the nature of God, but to be honest, I'd much rather we stand side by side and argue against atheism and morally bankrupt ideologies like capitalism and communism...

Either way, we cannot know the true nature of God until we meet Him face to face on the Day of Reckoning, so why argue about Him now when we are only sowing corruption and hate between our peoples?

Do we not both encourage the good and forbid the evil? There is power in unity. Godless ideas have taken over the world. It's about time believers and followers of the Abrahamic faiths joined hands and hearts.

yes no?

Upvote 0

Megachihuahua

Ex-Christian
Jul 30, 2003
World heroin capital(Baltimore), Maryland
Visit site
✟17,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've tried to read the Koran, but it's just a bunch of squiggles.
Pray toward Mecca 5 times a day
Go to Mecca.
Kill Infedels
Treat women like ****.(I saw them without the veil, beards, warts, giant noses;Put it back on!)
Give Mosques money.
Destroy Isreal; after all, they have no right to exist in a place they lived in for a thousand years and fought a bunch of wars to keep.
Pigs are evil, and americans are pigs.
Bigimy is valid

Upvote 0

Megachihuahua

Ex-Christian
Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
✟17,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
mo.mentum said:
I appreciate :)
Do we not both encourage the good and forbid the evil? There is power in unity. Godless ideas have taken over the world. It's about time believers and followers of the Abrahamic faiths joined hands and hearts.

yes no?
Nothing against you, but it's kind of hard when your people blow up children in Israel:sorry:

Upvote 0

vajradhara

Diamond Thunderbolt of Indestructable Wisdom
Jun 25, 2003
Dharmadhatu
✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
mo.mentum said:
Yes. They rejected Jesus as a prophet and the Messiah. Just as they rejected a number of other prophets before Jesus.

Namaste mo.mentum,

actually this is not correct. they do accept Jesus (pbuh) as a prophet but not the Messiah. needless to say, in my opinion, Jesus was not the last Prophet, that is Mohammad (pbuh) however, what i do find very interesting, is that during the Last Days of Judgement, the Qur'an says that Isa will return to the earth to do battle with evil.

in my opinion, this seems to certainly place Jesus(pbuh) ahead of Mohammad (pbuh) in the entire Prophet line. i'm still asking questions about this to my Muslim friends and listening to their answers.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Megachihuahua wrote: (#107)
"Nothing against you, but it's kind of hard when your people blow up children in Israel"

You believe mo.mentum personally blows up children in Isreal? If not then why bring up someone elses acts and hold it against someone innocent of those acts? Megachihuahua you are neither comic nor relief. You are dismissed.
tulc(who HATES rudeness)

Upvote 0

Mephster

arete
Jan 30, 2003
South Carolina
Visit site
✟15,817.00
Faith
Muslim
Politics
US-Others
Blah stupid rude people.

Anyway, I was thinking about the question that started this thread off.... and I was wondering -- WHY...

Why would/does anyone study another religion?

B/c it seems to me that if a person studies it with the bias of seeking its faults, this is a poor reason. If a person studies to convert to it, this is setting up a belief before knowledge. Curiousity? Philosophical? Marvel? Historians?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mo.mentum

[One God]
Aug 9, 2003
Montreal
✟16,445.00
Faith
Muslim
Megachihuahua said:
I've tried to read the Koran, but it's just a bunch of squiggles.
Pray toward Mecca 5 times a day
Go to Mecca.
Kill Infedels
Treat women like ****.(I saw them without the veil, beards, warts, giant noses;Put it back on!)
Give Mosques money.
Destroy Isreal; after all, they have no right to exist in a place they lived in for a thousand years and fought a bunch of wars to keep.
Pigs are evil, and americans are pigs.
Bigimy is valid

ahhahaha you've just listed the 10 top myths about islam, thanks.

and ur comedy is only matched by your wit, which is not much higher than your intelligence..somewhere close to the abyssal plains.

good day

Upvote 0

mo.mentum

[One God]
Aug 9, 2003
Montreal
✟16,445.00
Faith
Muslim
Megachihuahua said:
Nothing against you, but it's kind of hard when your people blow up children in Israel:sorry:

Oh but it's perfectly fine for the Children of Israel to occupy land, break up families, develop nuclear weapons, segregate, oppress, and terrorize the indigenous population?

The Children of Israel were sent into Diaspora by God until He called them back to the Holy Land. Zionism is not God. Zionism is leading people to the Holy Land. Zionism (a philosophy) is not Judaism (a divine religion).

Upvote 0

mo.mentum

[One God]
Aug 9, 2003
Montreal
✟16,445.00
Faith
Muslim
vajradhara said:
Jesus was not the last Prophet, that is Mohammad (pbuh) however, what i do find very interesting, is that during the Last Days of Judgement, the Qur'an says that Isa will return to the earth to do battle with evil.

in my opinion, this seems to certainly place Jesus(pbuh) ahead of Mohammad (pbuh) in the entire Prophet line. i'm still asking questions about this to my Muslim friends and listening to their answers.

Salaam vajradhara,

Jesus.pbuh does have a special distinction with God. Actually, each prophet had their own special relationship with God. Abraham.pbuh is called the Friend of God, Jesus.pbuh is the Word of God and Messiah, Mohammed.pbuh was given the ultimate honor however in the "Night Journey", if you're not familiar with this event, PM me.

Also, since the Qur'an tells us that Jesus.pbuh was not crucified, that means he didnt die yet. He was taken up to God's presence until the End Times. Because #1 the conditions at his time didn't allow him to complete his mission #2 each soul must taste death once, and since he has died, he must #3 as hope and mercy for the oppressed and downtrodden in an increasingly hostile world

Verily, the likeness of 'Iesa (Jesus) before Allâh is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then He said to him: "Be!" - and he was.
(Qu'ran - Aal-Imran 3:59)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mo.mentum

[One God]
Aug 9, 2003
Montreal
✟16,445.00
Faith
Muslim
Mephster said:
Why would/does anyone study another religion?

B/c it seems to me that if a person studies it with the bias of seeking its faults, this is a poor reason. If a person studies to convert to it, this is setting up a belief before knowledge. Curiousity? Philosophical? Marvel? Historians?

Meph :)

When poeple study to convert, they usually investigate many options. Then, by looking at the basics of a creed, they decide if they want to delve deeper.

I don't see how "setting up a belief before knowledge" is bad. People grow up into religion this way anyway.

I study other religions because i taught my religion to myself in the first place. So it was a natural extension. I knew i was Muslim, but what did it mean, no clue. Now i know, and part of it is to increase oneself in as much knowledge as possible, despite the fact that old age will wipe it out. But in this is great wisdom :)

Upvote 0

Megachihuahua

Ex-Christian
Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
✟17,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
tulc said:
Megachihuahua wrote: (#107)
"Nothing against you, but it's kind of hard when your people blow up children in Israel"

You believe mo.mentum personally blows up children in Isreal? If not then why bring up someone elses acts and hold it against someone innocent of those acts? Megachihuahua you are neither comic nor relief. You are dismissed.
tulc(who HATES rudeness)
Wow, I didn't accuse him, but you certainly can't deny Muslims kill Jews every day! Take some anger pills, dude!
The
Utterly
Loud
Crier
!

Upvote 0

Megachihuahua

Ex-Christian
Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
✟17,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
mo.mentum said:
Oh but it's perfectly fine for the Children of Israel to occupy land, break up families, develop nuclear weapons, segregate, oppress, and terrorize the indigenous population?

The Children of Israel were sent into Diaspora by God until He called them back to the Holy Land.
1)No Jews are allowed in the Palenstinian Terrortory(Racism!)
Arabs can go back and forth as they please.
Well, if a member of those families is a murder, yeah, they have a right to cart him off to jail!
Teachers are forced to take concealed weapons on field trips- certainly not oppression
Terrorize? Isn't blowing up a scool bus, diners, stores,etc. Terror!

2)So God sent them back so you could have a Jew-killing party! I understand now! :mad:

My God of love isn't your god of hate! Don't act like it! There is a distintion:
Jesus preached love.
Muhammad started a reign of terror over the middle east, killing all infedels.

Upvote 0