To all Christian Members: Have you studied the Koran and the teachings of Islam?

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Vicki777 said:
ROFL is right...the koran is a joke

Problem with mo.mentum is that he does not do proper research on the Bible. He conveniently reads the Bible with a Qu'ranic demeanor. In other words, he is reading to find support for what he already believes. So, how do we expect him to learn truth of God like that?

We show Him his contextual errors and he just keeps going on as if we were not there. He has amnesia conveniently when we corner him with the facts.

Jesus told us that these are some of the most difficult people to change: religious ones. It is far more easier for a person in some far-off tribe in the middle of Australia to read and believe than religious zealots or Pharisees.

Upvote 0

evangelist

Sep 1, 2003
Germany
Visit site
✟905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Vicki777 said:
Islam?

Say God writes a book (which he did) and writes in that book everything his creation could possibly need concerning redemption.
The book also contains every detail concerning government and affairs and how to live, die and live eternally.
The book also contains precise information on every matter in existence which concerns human life, and even plant life, animal life and anything that is on the earth, beneath the earth and above the earth is in that book, nothing is left out.
The book contains information needed of God himself and how he thinks, who he is, what he is doing, what he looks like, his NAME and what he is going to do.
The book also contains paramount truths necessary to understand and govern human affairs. From molecules to modern machines, from ants to airplanes is in the book
God also in this book reveals himself in a person and in this person speaks to his creation and gives him precise details concerning what has happened, what is happening and what is still to come.
In the book, eveything one could think or imagine is addressed and nothing is left out.
This is the Bible.

2500 years later, a man who is a murderer and the husband of many wives, one who is 6 years old comes along and says things contrary to this book and says God's angel came and told him to write a book which is greater than God's book, then after a time, this man who was a murderer who is dead is looked upon as greater than the one who revealed himself to the world in the Book.

This is Islam and the koran.

The Bible contains all we need, and what the koran has done is make a poor copy of this book and tries to pass it off as real, but thoise of us who know the Bible know there is nothing new in the koran, but just a poor copy of the original.
That`s good
praise our God
AMEN!

Upvote 0

TWells

Mar 1, 2003
TN
✟737.00
Faith
Other Religion
Howdy,

And to establish ages also!

Once again, they were not. The ancients were not concerned with such things and hardly believed knowledge of that type was attainable nor would would it cross their mind. Believe what you like.

This is true if we are dealing with a history book, however the book we are talking about is called the Holy Bible "The word of God". I don't think that you would label the Holy Bible just as a history book
I never stated the Bible was "just a history book". My point was that you cant just pick up a ancient writing from a different time and culture and be able to interpret it properly through your own cultural and social perspectives without consulting theirs. Surely you would agree with this also in regards to the Koran. Im not discussing quantam physics here.

I don't think so!
Really? So you give responses that have absolutely nothing to do with the authors point on purpose?

great guys! very good! love the chest thumping going on now!
The invective nature of your posts has hardly been better.

I think im going to bow out of this thread now.

Alexei, Momentum - Best Wishes!

Travis

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by TWells

...My point was that you cant just pick up a ancient writing from a different time and culture and be able to interpret it properly through your own cultural and social perspectives without consulting theirs. Surely you would agree with this also in regards to the Koran. Im not discussing quantam physics here.

Well stated and very true.

Upvote 0

radorth

Contributor
Jul 29, 2003
LA area
Visit site
✟16,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes, the problem is that many Christians or non Muslims in general dont know much about Islam and just speak about it from what they hear from friends, media or whatever!!
Well no, I read the Quran, and I know Muhammed says Jesus was not crucified, and that his disciples lied about him being the Son of God, and that we who believe it are blasphemers.

Qur’an 18:1 ...admonish those who say that Allah has begotten a son. Surely of this they could have no knowledge, neither they nor their fathers: a monstrous blasphemy is that which they utter. They preach nothing but falsehoods. Yet, if they deny this revelation, you may destroy yourself with grief, sorrowing over them.

I know from the Quran that if we ever doubt it we will burn in hell.

Qur’an 4:54 ...Those that deny Our revelations We will burn in Hell-fire. No sooner will their skins be consumed than We shall give them other skins, so that they may truly taste Our scourge.

Please note the Christians here do not typically believe all doubters will automatically burn in hell. PS and I have denied it. There is only one verse which says so, (in Mark 16) and most scholars think it is an interpolation. (Yes we admit the faults when there are any)

I know Muhammed said it was OK to beat women in some cases, and to have regular sex with his slave girls.

The sun sets in a Muddy swamp.

And I listen to Muslims, who tell me:

the moon was split in half when the corrupt Americans planted the flag on it.

they made all kinds of scientific discoveries, although they cannot tell me any that compare with Galileo or Newton.

So no, I don't get my info from just the news media.

Rad

Upvote 0

Alexei

Nov 18, 2003
Great Lebanon
✟481.00
Faith
Muslim
Peace

Radorth wrote:
Well no, I read the Quran, and I know Muhammed says Jesus was not crucified, and that his disciples lied about him being the Son of God, and that we who believe it are blasphemers.
Let's see just a simple example on how Radorth misunderstand the Noble Qur'an:

The sun sets in a Muddy swamp.
Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. [Joshua 10:12-13].

Just how can the sun stood still in the midst of heaven if it is not moving at all regarding the earth? :scratch:
Only if the earth will stop rotating, then the sun will look "stood still". So is it a scientific error in the Holy Bible?
Of course NO!
The sun stood still from JOSHUA PERSPECTIVE.
And the sun sets in a Muddy swamp from DHUL QUARNAIN PERSPECTIVE.
Just when you read the Noble Qur'an and The Holy Bible from neutral view, you'll be able to understand them both! :yawn:
All your points can be simply refuted because they are based on poor understanding of Islam and the Noble Qur'an.

Thank you
Alexei :angel:

Upvote 0

radorth

Contributor
Jul 29, 2003
LA area
Visit site
✟16,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And the sun sets in a Muddy swamp from DHUL QUARNAIN PERSPECTIVE.
Glad you found something in all that to complain about. Not sure how seeing the sun set in "a muddy swamp" is spiritually enlightening, but I suppose wisdom is justified by her children.

Rad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mo.mentum

[One God]
Aug 9, 2003
Montreal
✟16,445.00
Faith
Muslim
radorth said:
Glad you found something in all that to complain about. Not sure how seeing the sun set in "a muddy swamp" is spiritually enlightening, but I suppose wisdom is justified by her children.

Rad
When you go to the beach, don't you see the sun setting into the oceans? When you go to the mountains, don't you see the sun setting into the hills? When you go to a swamped area, do you not see the sun go down into a swamp? Come on man...stop being such a pain.

Upvote 0
What is important is that a person accepts the whole Bible as God's Word.
A religion that decides to accept only those portions that go with their preconceived ideas and from somebody else's teachings has no solid foundation. How would they know if any of the Bible is true, if they decide to only accept the part they like? A person could just as easily reject those parts they consider true and accept the other parts.
God is not a God of confusion. He is a true and faithful God Who is not too weak to preserve His Word, and yet we can have a personal relationship with the holy, righteous, awesome and yet compassionate and merciful God!

The Bible does use some figures of speech understandable especially to the society in early times as well as some still around today. Also, sometimes God gives different perspectives...His and man's. The sun stood still...to man it did. Whosoever will...God predestined and chose and drew us. The lot is cast in the lap, but it's every decision is from the Lord.
God gives us a glimpse of His perspective I believe, but also puts some things in the perspective of what we see.
That's my conclusion.

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
CRfan said:
What is important is that a person accepts the whole Bible as God's Word.
A religion that decides to accept only those portions that go with their preconceived ideas and from somebody else's teachings has no solid foundation. How would they know if any of the Bible is true, if they decide to only accept the part they like? A person could just as easily reject those parts they consider true and accept the other parts.
God is not a God of confusion. He is a true and faithful God Who is not too weak to preserve His Word, and yet we can have a personal relationship with the holy, righteous, awesome and yet compassionate and merciful God!

The Bible does use some figures of speech understandable especially to the society in early times as well as some still around today. Also, sometimes God gives different perspectives...His and man's. The sun stood still...to man it did. Whosoever will...God predestined and chose and drew us. The lot is cast in the lap, but it's every decision is from the Lord.
God gives us a glimpse of His perspective I believe, but also puts some things in the perspective of what we see.
That's my conclusion.

Thanks for that very good perspective. Right ON!!

Upvote 0

IronEagle

Dec 29, 2003
✟485.00
Faith
Muslim
Upvote 0

evangelist

Sep 1, 2003
Germany
Visit site
✟905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just for GP.

I hope everybody here know that the word and meaning of the Word prophet is a christian word alone and is for Jews, and Christian alone.

the meaning and word it self was copied from Islam but it is not a word which God has given islam or muhammed.
You can study this through out history and see the fact that is copied to get the jews and christian to join islam at one time, but the authjor and root is christian.

So to say Muhammed is a prophet is a lie and that is a only what they people said and believe it is not a name for islam, maybe better king Muhammed or captain muhammed or priest muhammed might fit.

Know if there was a word pope invented at that time like today I believe with all my heart that Muhammed would be called pope Muhammed.

Just something to think about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums