Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I posted the following as a blog, but thought I would post it here on the Prayer Wall to request prayer for those of us here that have this ailment.

Sounds of Tinnitus - Sound Relief Hearing Center

I just found the website above with these various sounds of tinnitus.
I listened to them all, but could not hear no. 2.
I asked my wife if she could hear no. 2. She said "Yes" and that it was a high pitched noise she thought would drive people crazy. I am thinking that the reason I can't hear it is because it is exactly what I hear all the time and is just blending in with what I already hear.
I would be interested in reading if any others on CF have tinnitus, and if it sounds like any of these sounds listed on the link at top.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Very interesting and I have been suffering for many years with tinnitus. Went to a hearing doctor with tests several years ago and basically they told me at that time not much they could do for it.

#2 --- I could also not hear.

I wish to keep track of this thread hoping there might be some new information available.

Some days much better but on other days very very annoying. Try my best not to concentrate on it for it can drive a person a little crazy. I hate that high pitched ringing.

Loud noises such as fire engine sirens little kids screaming Etc will set it off so quickly and make me very uptight.

If it was three or four times worse than this could be used as a very extreme torture on people.

I hate the thought of that.

I pray about it often God please have mercy on me and give me some relief.

On good days I can barely hear it but, here I am in the middle of a quiet night and the buzzing is going on. Makes me wonder at times can I ever fall asleep with this wicked noise?

Bless you for sharing,
M-Bob

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hi Greg! You know I have it! Multi toned tinnitus that coincides with my hearing loss. My constant prayer is that the Lord leads us closer to a real treatment or cure!

(I'm also part of a tinnitus support forum and nonprofit advocacy group. We are doing a lot behind the scenes to advocate for all tinnitus sufferers as well as provide/make resources for people to use. It's called Tinnitus Talk and you can find me on there under the same name as here. The founder of Tinnitus Talk, Markku Vesala is an amazing person and a true pioneer and I'm so happy to be work with him and the team.)

As always, may the Lord have mercy on us poor tinnitus sufferers and leads us to a true deliverance and give us the strength to continue on :)

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The tinnitus talk site.

Just went there and signed up waiting for the confirmation email that they said was being sent.

Username over there Mountainman

If it don't come through I will keep trying.

Thank you for the information.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Had it for many years. It is much worse now that i am older. Both ears. Got high pitched ringing, hissing and pulsing noises. Can be heard above most sounds. Very loud.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Greg, I have had ringing and chirping in my ears for years...at least 25+ years.
25+ is a long time. I have had it for about 55 years. An older man in the church I used to pastor once told me it gets worse with time. There are so many varieties of it, who knows if it will get worse for each individual?

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Very interesting and I have been suffering for many years with tinnitus. Went to a hearing doctor with tests several years ago and basically they told me at that time not much they could do for it.

#2 --- I could also not hear.

I wish to keep track of this thread hoping there might be some new information available.

Some days much better but on other days very very annoying. Try my best not to concentrate on it for it can drive a person a little crazy. I hate that high pitched ringing.

Loud noises such as fire engine sirens little kids screaming Etc will set it off so quickly and make me very uptight.

If it was three or four times worse than this could be used as a very extreme torture on people.

I hate the thought of that.

I pray about it often God please have mercy on me and give me some relief.

On good days I can barely hear it but, here I am in the middle of a quiet night and the buzzing is going on. Makes me wonder at times can I ever fall asleep with this wicked noise?

Bless you for sharing,
M-Bob
Hi Bob,
I haven't noticed anything "making" it worse, as it is constant with me. Other noise or focusing on other things will tend to drown it out for me.
I have noticed that I cover the ear nearest the fire engine siren now as it passes by, but haven't noticed that loud noises make it worse. No other noise, or when things are silent for others, is when it is loudest for me.
I never can enjoy complete silence as I always hear this high pitched frequency noise. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Had it for many years. It is much worse now that i am older. Both ears. Got high pitched ringing, hissing and pulsing noises. Can be heard above most sounds. Very loud.
That sounds terrible!! Have you ever tried playing music or some other soothing background sounds (like rain or ocean surf) through ear phones,
especially when trying to fall asleep or in other quiet settings?

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Greg! You know I have it! Multi toned tinnitus that coincides with my hearing loss. My constant prayer is that the Lord leads us closer to a real treatment or cure!

(I'm also part of a tinnitus support forum and nonprofit advocacy group. We are doing a lot behind the scenes to advocate for all tinnitus sufferers as well as provide/make resources for people to use. It's called Tinnitus Talk and you can find me on there under the same name as here. The founder of Tinnitus Talk, Markku Vesala is an amazing person and a true pioneer and I'm so happy to be work with him and the team.)

As always, may the Lord have mercy on us poor tinnitus sufferers and leads us to a true deliverance and give us the strength to continue on :)
Hi derpytia. I haven't looked at the site yet, but I did look it up on Google and wanted to post the URL here for others. https://www.tinnitustalk.com.
I will take a look at it now that I have posted it here. Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Same with me. Its very loud.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That sounds terrible!! Have you ever tried playing music or some other soothing background sounds (like rain or ocean surf) through ear phones,
especially when trying to fall asleep or in other quiet settings?

Gotten used to it.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to hear that my friend. Its not nice but what can we do? We have to accept it i guess. Blessings to you.
Yes, i agree. Like you said, i have gotten use to it. My main concern is how this will effect me in my old age. Im middle age now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This came to me randomly yesterday and I don't know if it will help or not but have any of you tried "ear training"? There are various programs (some apps in particular) that work on training your ear musically. These exercises help you to distinguish one sound from another. I'm not a doctor but it sounds like your issue is a consistent sounding out of a certain frequency but if there are issues in the brain related to differentiation of sounds or something like that where the brain is confused it might help to do ear training to train your brain to be more refined in terms of its processing of sound. Another exercise you can do is for a few minutes a day close your eyes and focus only on what you hear, trying to distinguish a variety of sounds according to their characteristics (distance, frequency, type of sound, volume). I think this also helps train your ear. Anyways food for thought.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0