Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Am I mistaken in my prosecution of the principle you proposed that "the gospel wasn't intended to be handed on perfectly?"

Help me out here. I don't see why.
Probably. :p
If I am "probably mistaken," please help me see the logical mistake in my prosecution presented in post #14.
You don't see why about what?
I don't see why:
"That's a funny thing to ask.
This, too, is a funny thing to ask. It's not really even a coherent question, I'm sorry to say."
No, not really. The Bible is too contextually and historially complex for anyone to just twist all of it without being shown a fool. I think you know that
That the Bible interprets itself when understood in agreement with itself is why the Bible is without doctrinal error.

That "the gospel wasn't intended to be handed on perfectly" allows for the conclusion that the Bible can be in doctrinal error.

Is there not a grievous problem in the logical conclusion of your assertion that "the gospel wasn't intended to be handed on perfectly"?

And is what you refer to as the "Baptist style epistemic" not actually the Reformed epistemic as well?

Are you in disagreement with this large body of Christendom?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Psalms 16:9-10 MSG
I'm happy from the inside out, and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed. You canceled my ticket to hell— that's not my destination!

I need more faith, wisdom, knowledge, and insight. I need BELIEF. I want to believe that I am going home...and that God cancelled my ticket to hell. But I have doubt (kind of) ... I know I am not supposed to. I just feel like this verse is too good to be true.

So mainly I am looking for wisdom and insight, from God. I need PROOF that I am going home :

Proverbs 14:15
Only a simpleton believes everything he’s told! A prudent man understands the need for proof.

I need proof! Other than that, I am fairly happy. God speaks to me...and I love him. I just want to have a SOLID and STEADY faith, and like I said, I need belief. I'll keep praying for that, but I hope in the meantime some of you guys can give me feedback.

Thanks!
-
If you can not believe the promises from God about His free gift of Eternal Life, then nothing anyone person can say is going to help.

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I am "probably mistaken," please help me see the logical mistake in my prosecution presented in post #14.
I don't need to because this thread isn't about you or about addressing whatever issues you think are most important. It's about what the person in the OP is inquiring about ...
I don't see why:
"That's a funny thing to ask.
This, too, is a funny thing to ask. It's not really even a coherent question, I'm sorry to say."

That the Bible interprets itself when understood in agreement with itself is why the Bible is without doctrinal error.

That "the gospel wasn't intended to be handed on perfectly" allows for the conclusion that the Bible can be in doctrinal error.

Is there not a grievous problem in the logical conclusion of your assertion that "the gospel wasn't intended to be handed on perfectly"?

And is what you refer to as the "Baptist style epistemic" not actually the Reformed epistemic as well?

Are you in disagreement with this large body of Christendom?

See the above ...

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't need to because this thread isn't about you or about addressing whatever issues you think are most important. It's about what the person in the OP is inquiring about ...

See the above ...
The thread is about proof and error, as is my post.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Non-responsive.

Right. Because my focus on this thread is addressing the concerns of the guy in the OP .... TO THE OP. Not to you!

Don't make me come over there and spank you, sister Clare! :ahah:

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Right. Because my focus on this thread is addressing the concerns of the guy in the OP .... TO THE OP. Not to you!

Don't make me come over there and spank you, sister Clare! :ahah:
Now that's my boy!

• Friendly
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 16:9-10 MSG
I'm happy from the inside out, and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed. You canceled my ticket to hell— that's not my destination!

I need more faith, wisdom, knowledge, and insight. I need BELIEF. I want to believe that I am going home...and that God cancelled my ticket to hell. But I have doubt (kind of) ... I know I am not supposed to. I just feel like this verse is too good to be true.

So mainly I am looking for wisdom and insight, from God. I need PROOF that I am going home :

Proverbs 14:15
Only a simpleton believes everything he’s told! A prudent man understands the need for proof.

I need proof! Other than that, I am fairly happy. God speaks to me...and I love him. I just want to have a SOLID and STEADY faith, and like I said, I need belief. I'll keep praying for that, but I hope in the meantime some of you guys can give me feedback.

Thanks!
Well, the first thing to do is to not look for proof in the wrong places. Psalms 16:9-10 is clearly not a general reference to security of salvation. It is a specific prophesy about the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. This is an easy call because it is spelled out for us in the NT:

Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. (Ac 2:29–32)​

Here is a good place to start: "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." (Jn 10:28).

Upvote 0