• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

thyroid disorders

Lost

Official CF Mater Tosser
Site Supporter
Sep 1, 2002
Rock Island, IL
Visit site
✟44,489.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Unwell.gif
Sorry you don't feel well.

This is your thread..........did you have any questions....or :scratch:

lost
(who's ran out of chatter) LOL :o

Upvote 0

Lost

Official CF Mater Tosser
Site Supporter
Sep 1, 2002
Rock Island, IL
Visit site
✟44,489.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
I'm lucky in that repsect.....never been in the hospital for it.

After being on the medicine for six weeks....the next 8 months I lost over 90 lbs! :clap:

Acting up again........gaining weight, crabby, hair loss, TIRED!!!! :yawn:

It's a real pain. :doh:

Have fun posting! :wave:

*logging off soon*

lost
:cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, Lost...! (long time no see!!) how did you manage to lose that much weight..??? I'm on Armour (120 mg) and I can't seem to shake off the weight.

BTW, Kay~ I've been dx'd with HYPO (low) thyroid since 1989...a long time. And yes, before I was diagnosed, I was sleeping a LOT...I'd take a 3 hour naps and STILL wake up groggy or lethargic.

Hope the meds you're taking is working for you...!

Upvote 0

Lost

Official CF Mater Tosser
Site Supporter
Sep 1, 2002
Rock Island, IL
Visit site
✟44,489.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Hey, Lost...! (long time no see!!) how did you manage to lose that much weight..??? I'm on Armour (120 mg) and I can't seem to shake off the weight.

BTW, Kay~ I've been dx'd with HYPO (low) thyroid since 1989...a long time. And yes, before I was diagnosed, I was sleeping a LOT...I'd take a 3 hour naps and STILL wake up groggy or lethargic.

Hope the meds you're taking is working for you...!
My Dr. prescribed Synthroid......I see it as a wonder drug!!!!

The weight came off by itself.......always have ate the same......but.....having to have it adjusted...hopefully be back to A1 soon again. :)

Great to see you again! :clap: :wave:

Upvote 0

Heaven81

Apr 11, 2007
God's beautiful earth
✟7,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have hyperthyroid, which is too much thyroid hormone being producted. My metabolism is very fast, which obviously makes me lose weight quickly. Other symptoms are irritability, hair loss, nervousness, anxiety. I was just taken off of hyperthyroid medication, but I guess it has returned. I am feeling very anxious, nervous, and on edge, which makes me very uncomfortable because you think your going crazy. But, if it continues I'll call my doctor because he might have to put me back on the medications because I absolutely hate this feeling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MindyHere

May 23, 2007
central Illinois
Visit site
✟15,205.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi - I'm Hypo - diagnosed in 2003. I was pretty sick by the time they found my labs were off, even though my TSH was only 6. I had a long list of health problems that all lead to my thyroid.

It took a year after starting Synthroid until I really started feeling better. I recently switched to Levoxyl 75 because I continued to have the "flu aches" and foggy brain while on Synthroid.

I found Mary Shoman's website that helped me learn about my disease, the foods you should and shouldn't eat, exercise to boost your metabolism - and there are forums there for peer support as well.

I also read her book: "Living Well With Hypothyroidism: What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You That You Need to Know" GREAT read!

There's a link to her website on my website, Thyroid Disease section. I'd post it here but I don't have enough posts on this forum yet to post in a message.

Hope this finds you feeling well!

:)

~Mindy

Upvote 0

MindyHere

May 23, 2007
central Illinois
Visit site
✟15,205.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm feeling well today. The first time I broke down and begged for a doc to help me (I didn't know what was wrong at the time) she told me that same thing - I was tired because I had 3 boys and worked full time. Then she said she thought I needed antidepressants and promptly gave me samples to try.

UGH

I tried them and of course they didn't change a thing. It's amazing how one organ in your body can cause the breakdown of so many other things.

:)

Upvote 0