South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'd like to see any evidence for this... because so fay you have made sever blatantly false statements in this thread alone.

Science is built on the concept of evidence. This isn't due to a religious preference, it's due to its proven effectiveness.

If I'm wrong, I'm happy to have it demonstrated to me and I'll change my opinion. When you use phrases like "My mind is made up on this issue, you will not change it." it makes it pretty clear that you are not open to discussion or re-assessing your assumptions.

And you would be right

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Except that science is not a religion, and also as a note, it is against forum rules to call it so.

I am not attempting to make Evolution a religion, I am trying to understand Evolution from the perspective of a layman.

If I could understand Evolution from the layman's perspective: developing a discipline around what I understand, would guard me against making the wrong interpretation or worse.

You may think I want to just change Evolution to suit me, but what I am saying is that without discipline no real change will be possible.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟923,325.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I am not attempting to make Evolution a religion, I am trying to understand Evolution from the perspective of a layman.

If I could understand Evolution from the layman's perspective: developing a discipline around what I understand, would guard me against making the wrong interpretation or worse.

You may think I want to just change Evolution to suit me, but what I am saying is that without discipline no real change will be possible.
A very important first step to understanding evolution is accept it when someone points out that you have misunderstood some concept.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟259,682.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a flat earther, science, is great, until it conflicts with Gods word. I will stand on the scriptures and my faith.

I would disagree, on one point you make...science is a religion, and has been one for a long time.
Science has nothing in common with religion. It's very often the opposite.
  • Science doesn't make claims about the supernatural
  • Science doesn't make claims about the afterlife
  • Science doesn't impose any (sexual) morality
  • Science hasn't any holy books
  • Science doesn't oppress heretics.
  • Science welcomes heretics
  • Science doesn't claim infallibility
  • Science doesn't impose any food rules like Kosher or Hallal
  • Science doesn't work by revelation
  • Science doesn't claim exclusivity. One can be scientist and adhere to any religion, one can't adhere to two religions at the same time.
  • Science corrects its errors and improves as new data comes is
  • Science is useful.

• Winner
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟729,729.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Please, tell me if you have convictions of your own, or that you can see conviction of some kind, informing your greater Evolution?
The convictions I have regarding the process of Evolution is based upon what the Earth itSelf is showing us. The Earth can not lie. It's just that simple.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Science is a philosophy and a belief system.
Evolution is a valid scientific theory with all of the attributes of a valid scientific theory. Whether or not you ‘believe’ in it does not change that.

Upvote 0