• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Were they ever "facts" if they can be replaced?

I like this question.

It's sort of like asking "what is factuality?"

Like there are traits that facts have in general - they have used statistical analysis to catch scientists faking their results actually: its a real thing!

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Since you make no attempt to learn, just spout nonsense when you make these threads, and you also refuse to accept what anything tells you when you are shown to be wrong, I'm lead to believe that you don't care about science.

If I could defend science from the Devil, I would. Even if it cost my life, I would.

You think I am taking shots at something I don't believe has relevance, because you refuse to believe the Cross of Jesus has relevance, I suspect. I am constantly forced to remind you that there are truths in reality that apply even when specific theories do not. But you refuse to be grateful.

Those are my cards. I'm not hiding the deck, hoping for a more favourable gamble.

Now come on and be serious: your credibility is at stake; how do you explain to the Devil that certain mutations are religious, I am really interested to know if you have what it takes to survive an attack of the Devil. Civilizations rise and fall on this very question. There's no wrong answer, as long as you allow what serves as foundation for you, to be the same as what serves as foundation for me.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
ow do you explain to the Devil that certain mutations are religious

No, they aren't. Very simple. Mutations are not religious, since mutations are changes in biological genetics. Nothing more, nothing less.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
An agreement with fact or reality.

The problem for you is, how do you explain to the Devil that you agree differently than yourself?

The solution as far as I am aware, is to help the Devil first. He can't complain about what you do, when you are busy helping him.

Can you tell me when Evolution is coming to a close, for example when selection pressures have been used up - that would make theorizing what actually needs to evolve, a lot easier?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Can you tell me when Evolution is coming to a close, for example when selection pressures have been used up - that would make theorizing what actually needs to evolve, a lot easier?

Evolution does not come to a close. The only way for evolution to stop is to get rid of all life. As long as there are living organisms, there will be evolution.

• Winner
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
No, they aren't. Very simple. Mutations are not religious, since mutations are changes in biological genetics. Nothing more, nothing less.

Try to focus on the meaning of the question: you are trying to say the Devil won't criticize Evolution, because Evolution is scientific - I get that - but how do you justify that? What proof would you give, that would distinguish genuine interest in Evolution, from a desire to abuse it?

In Christian circles, we call this "the shield of faith", which is the idea that at times, you need to resist the Devil. In Christianity there is no belief that the Devil does not attack, unless you remain aware that your life is finite and in need of defending - until that time when you can go to Heaven.

Scientifically, this would be the belief that the Devil is trying to distract you from the truth that facts have revealed to you and that your "Evolution" is finite and in need of defending - until that time when selection pressures are no longer a challenge (if there is such a time?)

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Try to focus on the meaning of the question: you are trying to say the Devil won't criticize Evolution, because Evolution is scientific - I get that - but how do you justify that? What proof would you give, that would distinguish genuine interest in Evolution, from a desire to abuse it?

In Christian circles, we call this "the shield of faith", which is the idea that at times, you need to resist the Devil. In Christianity there is no belief that the Devil does not attack, unless you remain aware that your life is finite and in need of defending - until that time when you can go to Heaven.

Scientifically, this would be the belief that the Devil is trying to distract you from the truth that facts have revealed to you and that your "Evolution" is finite and in need of defending - until that time when selection pressures are no longer a challenge (if there is such a time?)

I'm not the sort of person who believes that God is impotent that He can let the Devil beat him. I refuse to accept the idea that God is so weak.

I don't need to defend evolution, I just hope that one day you will actually make the leap to actually learning about the thing you spend EVERY WEEK TALKING ABOUT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Evolution does not come to a close. The only way for evolution to stop is to get rid of all life. As long as there are living organisms, there will be evolution.

Not coming to a close, is not wrong, if you share the progress that has already been made.

Then at least the end does not rob you of a chance to respond with what you can?

What if I assume I am under a pressure that is not really there - at what point am I caught out? But for the end, at which it is revealed I am not ready?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Not coming to a close, is not wrong, if you share the progress that has already been made.

Then at least the end does not rob you of a chance to respond with what you can?

What if I assume I am under a pressure that is not really there - at what point am I caught out? But for the end, at which it is revealed I am not ready?

No, you are wrong. Evolution does not come to a close or end. As long as life exists, there will be evolution since there will always be environmental pressures to act on that life, leading to adaptations and mutations.

At this point, you're being willfully ignorant and I am very much prepared to call you a troll.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I'm not the sort of person who believes that God is impotent that He can let the Devil beat him. I refuse to accept the idea that God is so weak.

I don't need to defend evolution, I just hope that one day you will actually make the leap to actually learning about the thing you spend EVERY WEEK TALKING ABOUT.

I think you take for granted that you are right, and when a real test of survivability comes along you put your head in the sand.

I didn't make the Devil, but I know that if you don't have an answer to him, you are toast.

My dealings with the Devil are that I am ready to go the extra mile, watch my words and keep written in my heart the things of God.

The Devil sees me coming and knows I will put him to death, if he strays from the path (and expects me to go with him).

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I think you take for granted that you are right, and when a real test of survivability comes along you put your head in the sand.

I didn't make the Devil, but I know that if you don't have an answer to him, you are toast.

My dealings with the Devil are that I am ready to go the extra mile, watch my words and keep written in my heart the things of God.

The Devil sees me coming and knows I will put him to death, if he strays from the path (and expects me to go with him).

I really don't care since this has nothing to do with science or evolution. This conversation does not belong in the Physical & Life Sciences forum.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
No, you are wrong. Evolution does not come to a close or end. As long as life exists, there will be evolution since there will always be environmental pressures to act on that life, leading to adaptations and mutations.

What you are talking about are phases. Phases are popular at one point and unpopular at another. For something to be lasting, it has to explain why phases come and go, but it does not. In other words, if you cannot reinterpret "evolution" it will cease to hold weight.

At this point, you're being willfully ignorant and I am very much prepared to call you a troll.

Easy there, I have already shown you I am prepared to reinterpret what I believe (Jesus' Words) in a way that agrees with "Evolution": if anyone is being disingenuous its you; you won't reinterpret what you believe for me.

I think the subtext here is that you don't think the Devil can find a flaw in your theory, when the whole problem is that you are not translating it in a way he can use. That's dangerous. Either show that the theory can be simplified, for the Devil or just accept you are losing touch with reality?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hi there,

So I have sought council as to how to strengthen a person, when they want to maintain the greatest strength they can have, as an Evolutionist:

Perceptiveness, means knowing when one mutation is clashing with another, for which it would be better to do without both, that is, starting again from an advantageous point, to make sure the mutations in question don't clash again.

Calm, means knowing that adaptation may not happen immediately, but more importantly, that a strong adaptation is likely able to strengthen other adaptations, that is, when they have a similar design in common, but the lesser is stretched further than the greater on its own. You might have a long neck and a need for a strong heartbeat, if the long neck agrees with a strong heartbeat more you may be able to depend on the neck further, as is the case with giraffes.

Idealism, this is the idea that perceptive drawing on of strengths, doesn't need to happen all at once, but that if it happens in little improvements, that is "of the same kind" the kind is greater for it over all. An athlete in a race will compete in a race more effectively, if he trains with other athelets in the lead up to the great competition. You could say "all Evolutions are little improvements" but the point here, is to acknowledge that they build up to being effective this way, they don't simply come to the right conclusion untested.

These things together, may for a way to approach real strength, which the Holy Spirit can confirm, by making you a servant of the greater Evolution of the greatest strength - even the Devil is wary of this!

Please, tell me if you have convictions of your own, or that you can see conviction of some kind, informing your greater Evolution?
Evolutionists need existence first. Only when they begin to exist, will they become rel event to reality

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
What you are talking about are phases. Phases are popular at one point and unpopular at another. For something to be lasting, it has to explain why phases come and go, but it does not. In other words, if you cannot reinterpret "evolution" it will cease to hold weight.

No, I'm not talking about phases, you're just spouting nonsense.

Easy there, I have already shown you I am prepared to reinterpret what I believe (Jesus' Words) in a way that agrees with "Evolution": if anyone is being disingenuous its you; you won't reinterpret what you believe for me.

I think the subtext here is that you don't think the Devil can find a flaw in your theory, when the whole problem is that you are no translating it in a way he can use. That's dangerous. Either show that the theory can be simplified, for the Devil or just accept you are losing touch with reality?

And again, this is all just nonsensical gibberish.

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We are the only beings in the Cosmos talking about God. It's very good
evidence that He exists. Go interview all the others planets.
We invented God.
Just like we invented Elf, Unicorn, and Hobgoblin.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I really don't care since this has nothing to do with science or evolution. This conversation does not belong in the Physical & Life Sciences forum.

You are saying you can contend that God did not create Creation, that makes you vulnerable to the predator of Creation - that I believe was created.

"I'm not yet further along the train tracks" does not absolve you from answering what you will do about the train that is coming.

If you want to be scientific, answer how you will deal with a break in entanglement (the Devil) at the quantum level, from becoming antithetical to all your adaptations?

What will you do, when a mutation cannot help you distinguish between adaptation and non-adaptation?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
No, I'm not talking about phases, you're just spouting nonsense.

Exactly what you would say if it was a phase.

And again, this is all just nonsensical gibberish.

You can't understand "reinterpret"? How do any of you Evolutionists agree on what is the best course of action?

The Devil will tell you, you are on the right track, until you have no one to help you - surely you see that as a problem?

Upvote 0