Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I have sought council as to how to strengthen a person, when they want to maintain the greatest strength they can have, as an Evolutionist:

perceptiveness: be able to identify when mutations clash.

calm: let adaptations inform adaptations, through instinct.

idealism: let little improvements, drive the greater distinction.

Perceptiveness, means knowing when one mutation is clashing with another, for which it would be better to do without both, that is, starting again from an advantageous point, to make sure the mutations in question don't clash again.

Calm, means knowing that adaptation may not happen immediately, but more importantly, that a strong adaptation is likely able to strengthen other adaptations, that is, when they have a similar design in common, but the lesser is stretched further than the greater on its own. You might have a long neck and a need for a strong heartbeat, if the long neck agrees with a strong heartbeat more you may be able to depend on the neck further, as is the case with giraffes.

Idealism, this is the idea that perceptive drawing on of strengths, doesn't need to happen all at once, but that if it happens in little improvements, that is "of the same kind" the kind is greater for it over all. An athlete in a race will compete in a race more effectively, if he trains with other athelets in the lead up to the great competition. You could say "all Evolutions are little improvements" but the point here, is to acknowledge that they build up to being effective this way, they don't simply come to the right conclusion untested.

These things together, may for a way to approach real strength, which the Holy Spirit can confirm, by making you a servant of the greater Evolution of the greatest strength - even the Devil is wary of this!

Please, tell me if you have convictions of your own, or that you can see conviction of some kind, informing your greater Evolution?

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Please, tell me if you have convictions of your own, or that you can see conviction of some kind, informing your greater Evolution?

Evolution isn't something you have conviction in. It isn't a philosophy or a religion. It is simply an explanation of scientific facts. This has been explained to you MULTIPLE times, and yet you refuse to acknowledge this. Why?

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Evolution isn't something you have conviction in. It isn't a philosophy or a religion. It is simply an explanation of scientific facts. This has been explained to you MULTIPLE times, and yet you refuse to acknowledge this. Why?

And I have repeatedly tried to explain to you: I am an agent - I can believe something, or I can believe the "wrong" thing or I can believe something the wrong way.

You making a god of the probability of your existence, does not some how make my agency "irrelevant".

I'm happy to admit at times I wish you would just forget "Evolution", but I do everything I can to show you how you can believe it more: not so that you can contradict me, but so that you can at least see contradicting me has less efficacy than trusting something we have in common.

Your mistake is to think the glass is only half full, when there is a population of glasses - that egregious misuse of intelligence has caused us numerous arguments (and I wish you'd stop).

All the ways I am an agent, culminate in a very strong contention for Evolution - I am not simply going to give up being an agent, because you are scientific about how you make the god of probability that you do.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
And I have repeatedly tried to explain to you: I am an agent - I can believe something, or I can believe the "wrong" thing or I can believe something the wrong way.

You making a god of the probability of your existence, does not some how make my agency "irrelevant".

I'm happy to admit at times I wish you would just forget "Evolution", but I do everything I can to show you how you can believe it more: not so that you can contradict me, but so that you can at least see contradicting me has less efficacy than trusting something we have in common.

Your mistake is to think the glass is only half full, when there is a population of glasses - that egregious misuse of intelligence has caused us numerous arguments (and I wish you'd stop).

All the ways I am an agent, culminate in a very strong contention for Evolution - I am not simply going to give up being an agent, because you are scientific about how you make the god of probability that you do.

It doesn't matter squat if you are an agent, you are flat out wrong. Evolution is not a philosophy, belief system or religion. It's a scientific fact.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you provide evidence for that claim?
We are the only beings in the Cosmos talking about God. It's very good
evidence that He exists. Go interview all the others planets.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
We are the only beings in the Cosmos talking about God. It's very good evidence that He exists. Go interview all the others planets.

Not really, it's not. Again, that's just a claim. Not evidence.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
It doesn't matter squat if you are an agent, you are flat out wrong. Evolution is not a philosophy, belief system or religion. It's a scientific fact.

Denying agency is not wrong, if almost everything is done.

Are you saying everything regarding Evolution, is almost done?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Denying agency is not wrong, if almost everything is done.

Are you saying everything regarding Evolution, is almost done?

No, I'm not. I'm saying that you are wrong about what evolution is, and you seem to revel in the fact that you refuse to learn.
Again: Evolution is not a philosophy, belief system or religion. It's a scientific fact. Do you understand this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Science is a philosophy and a belief system.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic

The problem is that the Devil calls Evolution a fact, when it suits him.

Are you making resisting the Devil easier or harder? Or are you making light of that? In a good way?

These are real questions!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I'm not. I'm saying that you are wrong about what evolution is, and you seem to revel in the fact that you refuse to learn.
Again: Evolution is not a philosophy, belief system or religion. It's a scientific fact. Do you understand this?
The philosophy of science
undsci.berkeley.edu › article › philosophy

The philosophy of science is a field that deals with what science is, how it works, and the logic through which we build scientific knowledge.

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-6_5-4-54.png
    upload_2021-11-6_5-4-54.png
    554 bytes · Views: 6
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
The problem is that the Devil calls Evolution a fact, when it suits him.

Are you making resisting the Devil easier or harder? Or are you making light of that? In a good way?

These are real questions!

The devil has nothing to do with evolution. Just because you don't like evolution and science doesn't make it the work of the devil.

The question about the devil is a religious question, nothing to do with evolution and biological science.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One has to believe that science produces "facts", but that is just a philosophy since all "facts" can be replaced by new data at any time. Were they ever "facts" if they can be replaced?
"An atom is the smallest unit of matter."

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
One has to believe that science produces "facts", but that is just a philosophy since all "facts" can be replaced by new data at any time.

You're committed to saying that I'm wrong on a level that is akin to being a troll.
And no, I've shown you that science isn't a philosophy. Get over it.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
The devil has nothing to do with evolution. Just because you don't like evolution and science doesn't make it the work of the devil.

The question about the devil is a religious question, nothing to do with evolution and biological science.

I don't like science, you discovered that, have you?

And the Devil understands that it is a religious question, as to whether he uses Evolution to his advantage or not?

Pray tell, how do you explain to the Devil he is not to be religious in his use of Evolution? Do you set out which are religious mutations and which are not?

I'm not abandoning you to contempt, but you still have to justify what exactly it is that you do, when you believe in Evolution.

When I follow Jesus, I take up my cross and I follow Him - nothing complicated.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I don't like science, you discovered that, have you?

Since you make no attempt to learn, just spout nonsense when you make these threads, and you also refuse to accept what anything tells you when you are shown to be wrong, I'm lead to believe that you don't care about science.

Upvote 0