Those who continue in known intentional unrepentant sin, will not ever be saved or go to heaven...?

Joe Antonelli

Feb 15, 2019
Providence
✟7,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those who continue in (or die in) known intentional (willful) unrepentant sin, will not ever be saved, and never were saved and will never go to heaven...?

The "anti-grace" crowd are now touting this, so, what does it mean...? Any and all known sin...? And what does "intentional" or willful mean...? Or what does being unrepentant about it mean...? Does it mean your not currently or maybe in the future "repentant about it or over it", or does it mean you did not completely stop doing it, and never ever did it again after a certain point, kind of thing...?

Or what does any of this mean...?

What about people who refuse to see when they are clearly shown (their sin), and so it remains unknown, but only because they rejected the truth and refused to hear, so what does that mean...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
Paul states in Romans "Do we continue to sin that grace may abound? God forbid."

When we accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and repentance has occurred there should be evidence of the transformation in the fact that we should sin less and have remorse when we slip.

If we were battling with a stronghold we may still have that battle when we get saved. We may continue to stumble/participate in that sin because it has a strong hold on us. However, we should be seeking the Holy Spirit to assist us in walking in God's truth in that area and his strength. This may take awhile to break free from but it will happen. We will reap in due season if we faint not.

Now those who willfully sin with no remorse thinking that GRACE will save them are mistaken. Those folks are walking on a slippery slope and are being deceived. God is not mocked, whatsoever a man sows he shall surely reap.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you think Paul meant that if you ever sin knowingly at all, after committing your life to Christ, that you are forever damned and forever condemned (to hell) after that...? and there is never any more, or any more chance of ever coming back or ever belonging to Christ again after that...? Cause I don't think that's what he meant...? I think Paul would say you were twisting his words...

God Bless!
The context of chapter ten is enduring in Christ and not returning to the law. The willful sin mentioned in verse ten is directly referring to this rejection of Jesus after having known the truth, after being saved by the blood of the covenant.

Desiring your neighbor's oxen is not the willful sin that the author is talking about here. Reject the law and suffer judgement, how much greater is the willful sin of rejecting Jesus.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟948,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The context of chapter ten is enduring in Christ and not returning to the law. The willful sin mentioned in verse ten is directly referring to this rejection of Jesus after having known the truth, after being saved by the blood of the covenant.

Desiring your neighbor's oxen is not the willful sin that the author is talking about here. Reject the law and suffer judgement, how much greater is the willful sin of rejecting Jesus.
Good post, and good explanation, and I wasn't directing what I said right at you personally, but I really did not know in which camp you stood, so...? I said what I said...

It is said you reject Christ by being in or going back to Law, especially the written letter of it in the OT/OC...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟869,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those who continue in (or die in) known intentional (willful) unrepentant sin, will not ever be saved, and never were saved and will never go to heaven...?

The "anti-grace" crowd are now touting this, so, what does it mean...? Any and all known sin...? And what does "intentional" or willful mean...? Or what does being unrepentant about it mean...? Does it mean your not currently or maybe in the future "repentant about it or over it", or does it mean you did not completely stop doing it, and never ever did it again after a certain point, kind of thing...?

What about people who refuse to see when they are clearly shown (their sin), and so it remains unknown, but only because they rejected the truth and refused to hear, so what does that mean...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

I think a lot of the confusion comes from how different people view the continuing unrepented sinner. Are we talking about the type that laugh about their sin using Jesus’ sacrifice as an excuse to sin or are we talking about the despised tax collector who was ashamed of his sin asking for forgiveness? These are two completely different situations. You see there’s the type that when confronted with their sin will laugh and say it’s ok if I sin Jesus will forgive me and then go ahead and willfully sin. Then there’s the type that hate their sin and are ashamed of themselves for having repeatedly and willfully stumbled in the same sin. I’m the latter and I hope and pray God will forgive me for my many sins. :(

• Friendly
Upvote 0

thisgal

Mar 23, 2015
Central Illinois
✟10,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I'm rather new to the forums and so far folks have been polite here which I appreciate.

I would like to comment on the chapter in Hebrews that has been brought up. When we read the chapter in light of the whole book, verse 26 is re-iterating verses 10 and 18 which are declaring that the blood of Christ was the final sacrifice for Sin. The author is both celebrating the goodness of the sacrifice being complete and total, as well as warning that if anyone should knowingly reject Christ's sacrifice with full understanding, there will not be another sacrifice for them to come back to.

You can not be Born Again more than once. The sin that separated you from God is no longer a problem, it has been done away with 2000 years ago, regardless of what 'type' of sin it was or is or will be. If a Believer is even slightly worried that their sin is sending them to hell, then they are not in danger of going.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good post, and good explanation, and I wasn't directing what I said right at you personally, but I really did not know in which camp you stood, so...? I said what I said...

It is said you reject Christ by being in or going back to Law, especially the written letter of it in the OT/OC...

God Bless!
Yes Neogaia777 that is correct.

Anyone who claims that they do not sin is a liar.

Anyone who claims that they do not commit willful sin is a liar also.

1 John 1:6-10
If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

It is all about personal integrity here, admitting your a sinner, confessing your a sinner. Trusting in Jesus for the forgiveness of your sin, being cleansed by Jesus, sanctified by Jesus. If you have not committed willful sin then you have no need of Jesus. If you have not committed willful sin you are deceiving yourself and everybody else.

The author of Hebrews is warning the Hebrews to endure in Christ and to not willfully sin by rejecting Jesus.

The author of Hebrews is not telling the Hebrews to be perfectly free of willful sin, because that is impossible. That is contrary to what the sacrifice of Jesus represents, the forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 10:17
“And their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I'm rather new to the forums and so far folks have been polite here which I appreciate.

I would like to comment on the chapter in Hebrews that has been brought up. When we read the chapter in light of the whole book, verse 26 is re-iterating verses 10 and 18 which are declaring that the blood of Christ was the final sacrifice for Sin. The author is both celebrating the goodness of the sacrifice being complete and total, as well as warning that if anyone should knowingly reject Christ's sacrifice with full understanding, there will not be another sacrifice for them to come back to.

You can not be Born Again more than once. The sin that separated you from God is no longer a problem, it has been done away with 2000 years ago, regardless of what 'type' of sin it was or is or will be. If a Believer is even slightly worried that their sin is sending them to hell, then they are not in danger of going.
So why do people not read the verse in the context in chapter 10?

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Comments...?

God Bless!

What if the person repents and ends their spiral?

What if someone forgets to saw sorry before death?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think a lot of the confusion comes from how different people view the continuing unrepented sinner. Are we talking about the type that laugh about their sin using Jesus’ sacrifice as an excuse to sin or are we talking about the despised tax collector who was ashamed of his sin asking for forgiveness? These are two completely different situations. You see there’s the type that when confronted with their sin will laugh and say it’s ok if I sin Jesus will forgive me and then go ahead and willfully sin. Then there’s the type that hate their sin and are ashamed of themselves for having repeatedly and willfully stumbled in the same sin. I’m the latter and I hope and pray God will forgive me for my many sins. :(
You don't have to hope God will forgive you because you are already forgiven in Christ.

If we do not confidently approach the throne in full assurance then why bother believing in Jesus?

Faith and love, not anxiety and unbelief.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟869,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don't have to hope God will forgive you because you are already forgiven in Christ.

If we do not confidently approach the throne in full assurance then why bother believing in Jesus?

Faith and love, not anxiety and unbelief.

I will approach humbly and undeserving thankful that God showed mercy on me.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Comments...?

God Bless!
Do we need Christ less to redeem us immediately after repentance? I tend to think our need for redemption (and by extension Christ) remains the same regardless of how many times we repent.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟948,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
According to Daniel 9:24:

The Savior put an end to sin.

So if He ended sin...how are we...in the eyes of God ...sinning?
He put and end to believers in Him and His Father having sin counted or charged against them anymore, and sealed the fate of the world for a future time and day/date, when sin would/will be done away with completely...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Paul states in Romans "Do we continue to sin that grace may abound? God forbid."

When we accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and repentance has occurred there should be evidence of the transformation in the fact that we should sin less and have remorse when we slip.

If we were battling with a stronghold we may still have that battle when we get saved. We may continue to stumble/participate in that sin because it has a strong hold on us. However, we should be seeking the Holy Spirit to assist us in walking in God's truth in that area and his strength. This may take awhile to break free from but it will happen. We will reap in due season if we faint not.

Now those who willfully sin with no remorse thinking that GRACE will save them are mistaken. Those folks are walking on a slippery slope and are being deceived. God is not mocked, whatsoever a man sows he shall surely reap.
Yes but we must sow in the Holy Spirit and trust Jesus for our salvation.

If our salvation was related to how perfect and holy we are, then God help us all.

It is all about trusting in Jesus Christ and not trusting yourself. We put no confidence in the flesh, we are sinners and look to Jesus.

The gospel is what the scripture is all about, Jesus first and Jesus last in everything. That is what we confess, Jesus and forgiveness of sin through Him.

Anyone who claims that they don't sin is a liar.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He put and end to believers in Him and His Father having sin counted or charged against them anymore, and sealed the fate of the world for a future time and day/date, when sin would/will be done away with completely...

God Bless!

Could you please expound upon the " will be done away with sin completely" . Mostly the "will" part.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I will approach humbly and undeserving thankful that God showed mercy on me.
That's better, you will approach the throne in full assurance because you have the righteousness of Christ. You are chosen, elect, deeply loved by Jesus. This is God's will and fully exerted in Christ.

Your already reigning with Christ, seated with Christ in the heavenly realms, rejoice.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟948,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Could you please expound upon the " will be done away with sin completely" . Mostly the "will" part.
What...? "Sin will be done away with completely", not what you said...

Not following...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0