RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe focusing on gaining riches in the after live is any different than focusing on gaining riches now in this life?
When the Bible speaks of riches in Christ it is not about money or material wealth and since the scriptures encourage believers in the riches we have in Christ and for eternity then it is a good thing to focus on.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When the Bible speaks of riches in Christ it is not about money or material wealth and since the scriptures encourage believers in the riches we have in Christ and for eternity then it is a good thing to focus on.
The bible also encourages us about the riches we have now.....about how we can ask for anything in His name and receive them now.....How he will poor out blessings on us now. So why not focus on what we have now? Why only the stuff you believe will happen in the distant future...which most people cant verify right now?

Upvote 0

RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible also encourages us about the riches we have now.....about how we can ask for anything in His name and receive them now.....How he will poor out blessings on us now. So why not focus on what we have now? Why only the stuff you believe will happen in the distant future...which most people cant verify right now?
When you say "riches" what do you mean? What kind of church do you attend? Is it a name it and claim it prosperity theology church?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you say "riches" what do you mean? What kind of church do you attend? Is it a name it and claim it prosperity theology church?
Im new to a lot of the religious words and phrases...so you will have to tell me what you mean. I doubt that I would fit into any of your pre-defined groups. I try to be led by the spirit and not my own mind. If you have issue with any of the scriptural statements I've made, you can share them. But lets talk about me and my statements, and not the doctrines of other groups.

Upvote 0

RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im new to a lot of the religious words and phrases...so you will have to tell me what you mean. I doubt that I would fit into any of your pre-defined groups. I try to be led by the spirit and not my own mind. If you have issue with any of the scriptural statements I've made, you can share them. But lets talk about me and my statements, and not the doctrines of other groups.
I am just not sure what you mean by riches....material or spiritual. When the Bible speaks of riches in Christ it means our spiritual blessing and eternal inheritance.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am just not sure what you mean by riches....material or spiritual. When the Bible speaks of riches in Christ it means our spiritual blessing and eternal inheritance.
So the bible, to you, only speaks about blessing to come in the future and nothing for now above basic needs. so the the material goods of this world are for the sinners, and the save only have hope for something after we die?

Upvote 0

RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the bible, to you, only speaks about blessing to come in the future and nothing for now above basic needs. so the the material goods of this world are for the sinners, and the save only have hope for something after we die?
No, I don't think the Bible only speaks of future blessing. It also speaks about God's care and provision for our needs and bringing our requests, concerns, and needs to Him in prayer.

Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. 23 Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. 24 Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? 25 And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 26 If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?

29 “And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30 For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31 But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.
Luke 12:22-31

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet, you do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. James 4:2-3

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That is pure nonesense from prosperity preachers.

Christ told the rich man to sell everything he had to follow Him. God tells us to desire the spiritual things, not the carnal things.

You are on the wrong path with this one, my friend. Don't believe all that crud. Look at Christ and His life. He slept in different houses as they made a place for Him to eat and sleep. He wasn't asking the Father for riches or even a place to live.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I don't think the Bible only speaks of future blessing. It also speaks about God's care and provision for our needs and bringing our requests, concerns, and needs to Him in prayer.

This sounds good to me. The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof. It is a good thing that you are content with your basic needs. My talk is for those who aren't content and then look at what others have in envy....like our father isn't rich and wouldn't give us the desires of our heart as well. No need to envy the world, because when you have Jesus, you have everything......and no good thing will he withhold to them which walketh upright....

Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is pure nonesense from prosperity preachers.

Christ told the rich man to sell everything he had to follow Him. God tells us to desire the spiritual things, not the carnal things.

You are on the wrong path with this one, my friend. Don't believe all that crud. Look at Christ and His life. He slept in different houses as they made a place for Him to eat and sleep. He wasn't asking the Father for riches or even a place to live.
I know what God shows me.....and I dont believe the accounts of man....not even my own mind.. If you desire to converse with me, I ask that you dont try to group me with doctrines and groups of people. I shouldnt have to do a google search to see who you are comparing me to. Why cant we mention my words and talk to me without trying to create separation and silos?

It is the power you put on money and worldly riches that leads you to come to the conclusion that Jesus was Telling to "rich" man to sell material things and give away money. If you lessen your importance of money and material wealth, you will be able to see that He wasnt talking about that. There is something much more important to all of us than our earthly possessions....and we must all give that up before entering into life.

You should look at Jesus life as well. There is no need to ask the father for something we already have. And to those who have not, even what you think you have will be taken away......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
poverty is deprivation of our basic dignity.
we should live an abundant life now and in the after life.
"should" ? Why "should" we, and how? (most people around us never find out how, ever, and die and are resurrected in shame and judgment)

"basic dignity" - the religious leaders humiliated Jesus and the Apostles and the disciples. Society treats believers who follow Jesus in the worse possible ways. (not with "dignity") ....
Many religious leaders today do also.

But no one can take away the integrity, joy, peace and righteousness that are freely experienced when abiding in the true Jesus Christ Savior Messiah King Healer.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The bible says that it rains on both the righteous and unrighteous. But the reward is what comes when all riches are reduced to dust and ashes. When evil perishes, we will not.

There is no problem with having money. Its the love of money that is evil.

Upvote 0

fliperacci901

May 18, 2017
Memphis
✟12,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Both evil people and good people gain wealth and power. But things are a little easier for bad people because bad people don't have any moral restrictions placed on them and they can do whatever they want to achieve what they want. I know how you feel. It is hard to see the wicked prosper when you are doing the right thing and you feel you don't get the blessings you deserve. Take your needs and desires to the Lord and ask and ye shall receive. Faith without works is dead so set some goals, and work towards them. I know how u feel. It seems like life is easy for the wicked because when you are a slime ball you can basically do anything you want. But remember its not supposed to be easy. The path for the righteous is a narrow path and few take it but it leads to life, but the path of the wicked is a wide path and it leads to destruction. So keep persevering to the end. Your heart will rejoice one day when you reach the pearly gates. Take the desires of your heart to God because God gives his children the desires of their heart if they ask and have faith because he loves His children. Just be sure to not be take off the righteous path and persevere in the faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fliperacci901

May 18, 2017
Memphis
✟12,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And also remember that the pain and struggle we go through is all apart of the process. God allows his children to go through things so he can mold us and we can grow and mature into better people. God gives his children strength and helps us grow and mature because he loves us. He will bless you in due time just have faith. I swear reading this post and the other topic about people plotting a brothers downfall touch me on the inside and almost make me want to cry. they bring back so many life memories. I see what you see and God sees it too. Just know that God loves you and wants to prosper you but He knows when it is best for you and He will bless you in due time.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because many people that get lots of money develop a "love of money".
Actually I find that the poor are more likely to love money and worship it than the rich. Think about....who is more likely to check with their money before making big purchases....planning a trip.....being asked to give money to the church or a neighbor......when buying a house or looking for an apt. Who is more likely to work hard to get more money and pick jobs based on the amount of money they can receive? I think the religious guys are just too trained to believe they are right and everyone else it wrong. The poor think about money and decide their live base on money 10 times more than a rich person would.

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually I find that the poor are more likely to love money and worship it than the rich. Think about....who is more likely to check with their money before making big purchases....planning a trip.....being asked to give money to the church or a neighbor......when buying a house or looking for an apt. Who is more likely to work hard to get more money and pick jobs based on the amount of money they can receive? I think the religious guys are just too trained to believe they are right and everyone else it wrong. The poor think about money and decide their live base on money 10 times more than a rich person would.

Everything you accused them off sounds like smart living and being frugal. Your saying because a wealthy person doesn't have to think twice before wopping out 20g that he worships money less? And people should take any Job and not care about the yearly salary? People have to figure what house or apt will fit into their budget. That's life.

I do not live paycheck to paycheck anymore. Why? Because I pray and try to make the best use of what I receive for my wife and I.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

fliperacci901

May 18, 2017
Memphis
✟12,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The bible says that it rains on both the righteous and unrighteous. But the reward is what comes when all riches are reduced to dust and ashes. When evil perishes, we will not.

There is no problem with having money. Its the love of money that is evil.
I don't think loving money is necessarily evil. I think it is the root of all evil, meaning it is the cause of all evil. But as long as you don't make money an idol before God I don't think there is a problem.

Upvote 0