Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bad people, evil people, gain more wealth than honest people.
Evil people live good lives, honest and hard working people earn very less and live poor lives.

This world is not fair, why have we (Christians) to become good people?
What's the reward?
Sometimes, and always, you will feel that it is stupid to be good! :scratch:
Are you sure bad people do better? I mean they are giving into their fleshy desires of pleasure. What is the reward? Hell. Suffering. Forever. Doesn't sound like the are doing good at all. 70-80 years of their life on this planet is spent living it "good" by their means. But forever after is suffering.

In our case lets say we suffer 70-80 years on earth. What is are reward for suffering? Eternal life in heaven, a place of perfection. No pain, no suffering, no death. Sounds awesome to me!

I'm not one to post videos but check this one out. Its just 5 minutes long. It will blow your mind about things when it comes to "this life":

Upvote 0

Polar Bear Quest

Apr 26, 2017
Washington
✟15,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Think of what you're saying. It's "stupid" to be good. The world is backwards and God is truly good. Be happy that you're free from the sins of this world and can live a righteous life in Christ. I suggest reading the book of Job and you'll get a ton of understanding. The understanding is not always surface level in the book of Job it takes some deeper digging to find certain true meanings of certain verses.

You also have to understand that the treasure of this world is fleeting and only lasts for a brief period of time, whereas, the kingdom of heaven is eternal. Think about it this way Abraham Lincoln has been dead hundreds of years and he's not coming back, the same goes for you and me, whatever comes after life is eternal and final and the carnal pleasures of this world are fleeting.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Jesus is Saint. No, we do not live in a perfect world. Jesus told us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told: On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. (neighbour is all we know and all we meet) God is Love, and God wants us to treat our neighbour as we would like to be treated.
In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " Ask and you shall receive," here we keep asking God for Love and Joy. Then we share all love and joy with our neighbour, we keep doing this. God will approve and God will Bless us. Love is very catching, and soon we will find a change in our beings, we will start loving and caring, and always be friendly and kind. Jesus died that we might live, and Jesus will lead us back to God.
We keep asking and receiving, then thank God and change into the men and women which our Heavenly Father wants us to be. Why not try and change into God`s loving sons and daughters? God will truly Bless us. I say this with love, Jesus is Saint. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Evil people live good lives, honest and hard working people earn very less and live poor lives.

What's the reward?
God causes all things to work out for the best for those who seek to follow Him and His plan for their life. Clearly we reap what we sow in life. God is a God of absolute Justice.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Psalm 91:8
You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.

Is this 100% true?
The Psalms were written in the Old Testament by people who were under the Old Covenant.

This was directed to the Hebrew/Israelite people and not the whole world, since the Hebrews were God's chosen people.

God did punish the Hebrews because God had a specific covenant (Old Covenant) with them that stated that they must keep all of God's Law, which is the 10 Commandments and other Old Testament law.

Hope this helps you understand a little better..

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Romans 3:10-12 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; (11) no one understands; no one seeks for God. (12) All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Matthew 5:45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

If you are seeking after worldly wealth as if is the goal and finish line of the Christian, you have not come to understand the gospel of Jesus Christ.

What's the reward?

If you don't understand God's kindness and mercy to grant the right through Jesus Christ to spend eternity with Him, I don't know what your understanding of the gospel is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The prisons are full of evil people.
God's Word says throughout OT and NT that the whole world is full of evil people.
It is not a sin to be wealthy.
However, yes, God is restraining the evil in this world.
Jesus did say that no one can be a friend of the world, nor love the things of the world, and still be a friend of God.
And evil is increasing every day, all over the world "the wicked are becoming more wicked; and the righteous are becoming more righteous" ....
until the day Jesus returns...

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is it wrong to go to Las Vegas to gamble and sleep with prostitutes?
pretty much. We are called to be good stewards of everything God gives us so that rules out gambling IMHO.

Prostitutes yes of course. Your not marrying them and premarital sex is not allowed, nor sex with someone else or lusting for that matter.

If you did marry them than you would be unequally yoking yourself with a nonbeliever

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God rains on the just as well as the unjust. The fruit you produce depends on the seeds you plant. If you plant seeds of negativity and lack, when Gods rain comes along, you will reap the fruit of negativity and lack. However, if you plant seed of joy and prosperity, when the rain comes along....you will reap those fruits as well. It has nothing to do with how good or bad you are. The Laws of God are in place and in affect and followed...whether you know about them or not. So it is best that you learn them and follow them.

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:"

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is it wrong to go to Las Vegas to gamble and sleep with prostitutes?

What do you read in your Bible about wasting money?
What do you read in your Bible about fornication? prostitutes?
Instead of asking over five hundred and sixty some questions,
please spend some time reading/studying your Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What's the reward?

Who are you following?
Are you seeking to be like Jesus, like him to obey God and his law?

May I point out that every liberal idea, every idea about the law, equality, human rights, the value of human life, green ideas etc etc etc

All come from the way Christianity makes people see the world.
If you want a better society you, yes you have to get up, get out and live boldly for Jesus.
What do I mean, read the surmon on the mount and notice tht Jesus talked about murder and adultery. For both he said that if the idea is in your mind, then as far as God is concerned you have committed that act. So live with that standard of Christian purety and make a difference.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

What's the reward?

Do you really want God to provide swift justice and wipe out all of the evildoers off the face of the earth immediately? How to control bad temper?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i dont know how to delete my comment someone please delete it
You can "edit" your own post. Use the "edit" button at the bottom of the post. If you want to delete your comment, delete it and replace it with one or two periods, like this ..

No one else but a moderator can alter your post except for yourself.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

What's the reward?
I don't feel stupid for being good and there will be rewards in heaven. Our good works will be tried by fire and if after tried by fire they stand, then we will receive a reward.

However, we must also remember what God says about the good things we do, that we should not seek to be noticed by mankind, because if we seek the honor of others, we have gotten our reward already and our heavenly Father will not reward us again.

So it is not a stupid thing at all.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why do you presume wealthy people are evil and poor people are honest? Despite the PC class envy that's pervasive in society, there's no link between character and bank account. Rich or poor, they all look the same in an orange jump suit.

I don't see evil people are judged and punished in this life, did God allow them to do evil? Why?

Whose evil should God start with? Yours? Mine?

Upvote 0