Seek First the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness
Jun 15, 2015
Physically here but mentally with God.
✟43,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bad people, evil people, gain more wealth than honest people.
Evil people live good lives, honest and hard working people earn very less and live poor lives.

This world is not fair, why have we (Christians) to become good people?
What's the reward?
Sometimes, and always, you will feel that it is stupid to be good! :scratch:

Here's your answer and why this is so.

John 14:30 New King James Version (NKJV)
I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.

But someday very soon, satan's lease and reign on earth ends and Jesus becomes the new ruler and He will make everything that is good and righteous reign with Him on earth, forever and ever.

Revelation 11:15 New King James Version (NKJV)
Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!”

Upvote 0

LilShepherdBoy

Seek First the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness
Jun 15, 2015
Physically here but mentally with God.
✟43,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now is a good time to lay up treasures in heaven.

Matthew 13:45-46 New King James Version (NKJV)
45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, 46 who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

Matthew 6:33 New King James Version (NKJV)
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Evil people live good lives, honest and hard working people earn very less and live poor lives.

What's the reward?
It seems that way in this world and the Lord Jesus had warned us about that. We're living for the coming eternity. So these trivialities (that's how the Apostle Paul described our sufferings) don't matter in the grand scheme of things:).

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Now is a good time to lay up treasures in heaven.

Matthew 13:45-46 New King James Version (NKJV)
45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, 46 who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

Matthew 6:33 New King James Version (NKJV)
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
For where treasure IS..........THEIR IS YOUR HEART ALSO.
and it cant be both places, to think so is delusion. ALL affections above on Him.
THAT is the abundant life. no matter what the cost . To know Him through all times
and to know Him and lose all thingsis not loss....its gain. SOON
the churches will see great tribulation. Let no heart be afraid. Embrace the LORD
and be faithful to the end.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What's the reward?

We don't live for this life as Christians, we live for eternal life.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What's the reward?

Psalm 37

Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.

2For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

ב

3Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

ג

5Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

6And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What's the reward?
If a person is rich it doesn't make them happy, I think it does the opposite.
If you have enough to get by, your happier than a rich man.
Matthew chapter 6 verse 24
"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Upvote 0

JohnKing67

Dec 2, 2014
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
✟11,631.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What's the reward?

In the afterlife the good (saved) people will be rich and the evil people will be poor. That's the reward and it will last eternally.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

What's the reward?
In this world the reward is peace of mind and fellowship with others who are on the same journey. The rich and powerful gather this world's goods to fill their emptiness. They need to be loved and to love without expecting gain but they choose wealth and power instead.

The promise of reward in the next world, after earthly death, is in the holy scriptures but it is a promise and all you have in this world to assure you of this promise is hope.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lastofall

Aug 6, 2016
Germany
✟31,097.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Hear this, all ye people; give ear, all ye inhabitants of the world: Both low and high, rich and poor, together. Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about? They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption [the grave]...Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names. Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish. Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling. But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased; For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him. Though while he lived he blessed his soul...He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light. Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish". (Psalms 49-selected verses)

"Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee? Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts? And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered. Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not." (Malachi 3:13-16&18)

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some Christians had wealth. Not everyone who did evil prospered.

Disciples who had wealth: Matthew the tax collector. Zacchaeus the tax collector. Nicodemus of the Sanhedrin. Mary who anointed Jesus feet with oil. Jesus praised a centurion who had helped build a synagogue. A centurion was an army officer in charge of 100.

In the Epistles Paul wrote that Corinthian Church members were becoming wealthy. There was a merchant of purple dyes named Lyddia. In Acts at one point they were meeting in a two story house and someone fell asleep resting on a window ledge and landed below. That is not a country shack. Cornelius was a centurion who accepted Christ. As Christianity spread, it attracted some men of rank and wealth. Constantine was a general and head of an empire. He promoted Christianity from an illegal religion to a legal religion with help from the government.

There are Christians who are poor servants. Some of these servants are blessed with joy.

What's the reward?
Disciples who had wealth: Matthew the tax collector. Zacchaeus the tax collector. Nicodemus of the Sanhedrin. Joseph of Arimathia who buried Jesus. Mary who anointed Jesus feet with oil worth a year's wages. Jesus praised a centurion who had helped build a synagogue. A centurion was an army officer in charge of 100.

In the Epistles Paul wrote that Corinthian Church members were becoming wealthy. There was a merchant of purple dyes named Lydia mentioned in Acts. In Acts at one point they were meeting in a two story house and someone fell asleep resting on a window ledge and landed below. That was not a country shack. Cornelius was a centurion who accepted Christ. As Christianity spread, it attracted some men of rank and wealth. Constantine was a general and head of an empire. He promoted Christianity from an illegal religion to a legal religion. His mother built churches.

Upvote 0

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

What's the reward?

God created man with a purpose, which was to do good to glorify Him. When we do evil, we are not fulfilling our purpose; we live meaningless lives.

I think it's wrong to have this attitude that we deserve to have something because we do good. I may not be rich and have ten mansions because I scammed a bunch of people, but I have meaning and purpose because I know that it's my job as a Christian and as a human to do good.

It's foolish to ask why we should do good--we should do good because we're supposed to. Because we're made to do good. A lot of people who did wicked things to climb to the top live miserable lives, and there are studies that show that suicide rates are higher for rich people (sidenote - not to imply that all rich people are wicked. There are rich people out there who do good with their money.)

There is more to our lives than money and financial success. Our mission should be to spread the gospel and to live selflessly--we can't do that if we're constantly whining about things not being fair. Remember, us Christians were once living the same way as unbelievers--leading sinful lives. I'll bet there have been times in your life where you weren't being as honest and hardworking as you claim.

The world won't be changed by bitterness and hard hearts; Christ came to change the world with love and compassion. Show the same to others, even when getting nothing in return, as we are commanded to love our enemies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't see evil people are judged and punished in this life,
did God allow them to do evil? Why?
God doesn't say there will be judgement in this life. God says there will be a Judgement Day when all will stand in front of the throne.

With that said there are many times reprecussions of one's sin that happen naturally as a result of sin.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

The vast majority of people are wealthy... example: If your average monthly net salary
(after tax) is $802.10...that makes you wealthier than others who live/work in like 70 other countries listed on amongst the 125 countries on NUMBEO's chart...
Rankings by Country of Average Monthly Net Salary (After Tax) (Salaries And Financing)

Evil people live ungodly lives.

I was born into a poor farming family...we lived off the land. We had a garden, dad taught us all how to farm, hunt, fish and taught us about what we can and can't eat in the forest.
None of us went hungry nor were we wearing rags either.
Our house didn't have indoor plumbing or electricity...we used a wooden stove
and read by lamplight. We had an outhouse(outside toilet).

No, people aren't fair.

We are to become godly not just "good people".

What's the reward?
Are you referring to rewards in this life or heavenly rewards?

I don't feel it's stupid to strive to live a godly life.
I would rather strive to live a godly life than to be always plotting evil/scheming to get whatever I want.
Nor do I want fake, haughty friends or a country club
membership nor do I want to be in Who's Who.
I'd rather have my name is the Lamb's Book of Life.

Upvote 0