Visit site
✟4,779.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Imblessed said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060222/od_nm/religion_polls_dc

I have to say, after reading this, it just makes me sad.

How sad it is that people can abuse christianity so readily?

Uganda is only one of a number of African countries where the Christian faith is taken seriously.

The Lord is bringing a great revival on the African Continent (the sub-Saharan portion).

They are in for a lot of growing pains. Uganda is on of the few countries to turn the corner on aids and much credit should be given to the president's wife.

Condom promotion in the rest of Africa has not done the job, but preaching abstinence seems to be turning the tide.

Pray for the further Christianization Africa. It is where Christianity and Islam are clashing more and more.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Cajun Huguenot said:
Uganda is only one of a number of African countries where the Christian faith is taken seriously.

The Lord is bringing a great revival on the African Continent (the sub-Saharan portion).

They are in for a lot of growing pains. Uganda is on of the few countries to turn the corner on aids and much credit should be given to the president's wife.

Condom promotion in the rest of Africa has not done the job, but preaching abstinence seems to be turning the tide.

Pray for the further Christianization Africa. It is where Christianity and Islam are clashing more and more.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

What you say is certainly true, but the article she has posted is an example of severe abuse of the Gospel, which I am certain God will not tolerate. It is very wrong for a pastor to pray for the suffering of those who do not hold "proper" political beliefs. And singing a worship song to the President of Uganda is simply idolatrous.

Upvote 0

JamieGraham

Jan 1, 2006
California
✟553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"If you deceive me and do not vote for Museveni, I will pray that you suffer," he tells the two-day prayer meeting in Kampala, before leading a chorus of "Museveni tajja genda" ("Museveni won't go" in the local Luganda tongue).

Thes my fellow Christians are the words of a politician - not a Godly like person. He speaks in vein.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
JamieGraham said:
Thes my fellow Christians are the words of a politician - not a Godly like person. He speaks in vein.

I am sometimes troubled by American Christians who claim that one must vote Republican (or Democrat, in some cases) to be a "good Christian." It looks like this vile practice of adultery between church and state is not confined to America.

Upvote 0

Proeliator

broken is a good state
Jul 21, 2005
New York City
✟16,442.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
arunma said:
What you say is certainly true, but the article she has posted is an example of severe abuse of the Gospel, which I am certain God will not tolerate. It is very wrong for a pastor to pray for the suffering of those who do not hold "proper" political beliefs. And singing a worship song to the President of Uganda is simply idolatrous.

How is that any worse than the fake faith healers we have here in the US? It doesnt matter where you go, you will find people which will bend and warp the Gospel for their own ends; but have faith, for the lord will gove them their just rewards. False witness we are warned of, and those that stay steadfast in the Word will be able to pick them out quickly.
2nd Timothy 4:3 said:
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires NASB
Proverbs 21:28 said:
A false witness will perish, But the man who listens to the truth will speak forever. NASB

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
shadrach_ said:
How is that any worse than the fake faith healers we have here in the US? It doesnt matter where you go, you will find people which will bend and warp the Gospel for their own ends; but have faith, for the lord will gove them their just rewards. False witness we are warned of, and those that stay steadfast in the Word will be able to pick them out quickly.

It isn't any better than the false "faith healers" that we have in America. False gospels should be exposed and rebuked, no matter where they come from.

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying that what's going on in Ugunda is worse than the so-called faith healers here, or worse than say, Pat Robertson and the political beliefs he spouts....

what makes me sad is that christians can so blatently abuse their religion for earthly gain, and the fact that articles like that get read by non-christians who then believe that "born again evangelical christians" are all hypocrites.

I'm very happy that christianity is taking hold over there, what worries me is the "type" of christianity! How much of that is real?

I have no problems with a political stance of fighting AIDS with abstinance, nor with christians in a political position....what bothers me is pastors telling the flock that they will pray for the suffering of those who do not vote the "right" way, and the prophesying going on by the pastors, and the song singing to the president during service times!!

It's one thing to be a christian in politics, or to vote in accordance with your religious beliefs, it is quite another to mix politics and religion in the way that these folks are....

ok, I feel better now....... :)

Upvote 0

Cajun Huguenot

Cajun's for Christ
Aug 18, 2004
Cajun Country
Visit site
✟4,779.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I agree with y'all that politicians and others use Christianity to promote themselves. It is an ancient problem. And we have as much of it here as they have there.

I also dislike and distrust the the Western media outlets, most of which are anti-Christian, because much of their take on things is (to be polite) slanted. I don't exprct them to give a good report on anything Christian (nominally so, or otherwise).

I expect people to distort and misuse the faith. It is the Chrisitian who partly to blaim for this, because we are often naive, and stupid.

Now that politicians know that they "need" a chunk of the "conservative Christian" vote to be elected, many more of them will be "converted" come each election year.

Many Republicans already do this. THe wnat you at the polls on election day, but after that they don't want to be seen in public with you.

I started my political life as a Southern Democrat, then I read the political platform of the party when Jimmy Carter last ran. After reading the party platform, I was so disgusted by what I wrote that I went to the courthouse, first chance I got, and re-registered and a Republican.

I remained in the Republican party for a decade (plus) and was often nauseated by them.

Today I belong to no party and plan to stay that way. I always vote but I don't like party politics.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Cajun Huguenot said:
I agree with y'all that politicians and others use Christianity to promote themselves. It is an ancient problem. And we have as much of it here as they have there.

I also dislike and distrust the the Western media outlets, most of which are anti-Christian, because much of their take on things is (to be polite) slanted. I don't exprct them to give a good report on anything Christian (nominally so, or otherwise).

I expect people to distort and misuse the faith. It is the Chrisitian who partly to blaim for this, because we are often naive, and stupid.

Now that politicians know that they "need" a chunk of the "conservative Christian" vote to be elected, many more of them will be "converted" come each election year.

Many Republicans already do this. THe wnat you at the polls on election day, but after that they don't want to be seen in public with you.

I started my political life as a Southern Democrat, then I read the political platform of the party when Jimmy Carter last ran. After reading the party platform, I was so disgusted by what I wrote that I went to the courthouse, first chance I got, and re-registered and a Republican.

I remained in the Republican party for a decade (plus) and was often nauseated by them.

Today I belong to no party and plan to stay that way. I always vote but I don't like party politics.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

I truly see your point. I usually vote Democrat, but I am terribly disturbed by their stance on abortion and homosexuality. I also dislike the Republican party, because I think that their economic policies strongly disagree with the Gospel ethic of relief of the poor. Ultimately I think that the Democrats are only marginally better than the Republicans, because they at least support some social justice issues (even then they don't do a good job, because they equate true evils like racism with the so-called "homosexual cause"). Personally I wish that all politicians would admit that the game of politics does not give much room for godly ethics.

Now if only there were a Christian party which stood for social justice and opposed moral evil...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums