Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Disney’s recent movie Strange World and the summer’s Lightyear both bombed at the box office. The Wall Street Journalrecently called this “an unusual record for a company long considered a guaranteed hitmaker in children’s entertainment.”

It was more than that. The Wall Street Journalwon’t tell you one of the big reasons the two films bombed. It’s the same reason Bros — the movie whose poster showed two men grabbing each other’s buttocks — bombed. Few Americans go to the theatre to see same-sex relationships promoted.

And this is why I don’t believe the polls showing such a huge shift in support of same-sex marriage in the seven years since Obergefell. The practice has gained support from a solid majority of our political class, as the passage of the Respect for Marriage Act shows. But it doesn’t have so much support from everyone else.

What People Don’t Tell Pollsters​

Continued below.

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,214.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is fascinating. People DO vote with their wallet and time. They can placate the media all they want by posting gay friendly and supportive comments and articles to appear "progressive" but they show their true feelings when they choose what to watch. This is one GREAT point to make.
Another area that is interesting is childcare and children's teachers. The parents are fine with a drag show going on downtown in a gay nightclub but what if that occurs at school? What if a teacher is obviously gay? What if they have young children in that school? Then you'll see more of their true feelings. That will really grate at their sensibilities.

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,214.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The sad fact is gay people almost always were abused when young and they need psychological help with that as well as spiritual help of course. The psychological help can diagnose the issue and prayer can focus their energy with God's guidance to lead them to a point of healing where they can appreciate the wonder of the opposite sex. The opposite sex that inspires us to do better. That's a powerfully positive motivator in society. Without women's admiration and approval men wouldn't try nearly as hard in everything we do. Society wouldn't advance nearly as fast either.

Reactions: jas3
Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not like the same sex relationships being pushed in TV shows and movies, and not afraid to express it. Hollywood has gotten to the point that every single show they produce has got to have at least one gay couple in it. Don't have an issue with this in every show, especially if it is an integral part of the character. But 99% of the time it is completely unnecessary. Also I will admit I will fast forward through those scenes where they have the token gay kissing or sex scene. Sorry, just can't watch it. But again I fast forward it through any sex scene anyway. Sorry, just want watch it.

IMO, there isn't many sex scenes in any movie that really needs to be there anyway. 99% of all sex scenes can be cut out of the movie or tv show, it would make zero impact on the show.

You know if Hollywood was able to track those scenes that are fast-forwarded through, or when the channel was changed, they would find that I'm probably part of the majority, and not the minority.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,214.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not like the same sex relationships being pushed in TV shows and movies, and not afraid to express it. Hollywood has gotten to the point that every single show they produce has got to have at least one gay couple in it. Don't have an issue with this in every show, especially if it is an integral part of the character. But 99% of the time it is completely unnecessary. Also I will admit I will fast forward through those scenes where they have the token gay kissing or sex scene. Sorry, just can't watch it. But again I fast forward it through any sex scene anyway. Sorry, just want watch it.

IMO, there isn't many sex scenes in any movie that really needs to be there anyway. 99% of all sex scenes can be cut out of the movie or tv show, it would make zero impact on the show.

You know if Hollywood was able to track those scenes that are fast-forwarded through, or when the channel was changed, they would find that I'm probably part of the majority, and not the minority.
You're 100% correct. Sex scenes are obvious. We know what's going to happen. We don't need them. We know the emotions involved if the actors are doing their job. What bothers me is 95% of the time sex scenes involve UNmarried people. Then the next day they are being unrealistically blissful or one is being cast aside yet they never seem to put together in their minds why they feel so bad. Maybe if they hadn't had sex the night before they wouldn't feel so bad! Maybe if they didn't get drunk out of their gord, they would make better decisions at night. Imagine being the spouse of an actor that is obligated to do a sex scene. That must be hell. So many marriages have broken up because of an attractive co-star who often sleeps with the hero male figure to get something in the industry. The casting couch is enormous in the movie industry. It never sleeps. Many wives and husbands of stars have noted how a part has changed the person, especially if its an evil part. Why wouldn't it? A quality actor lives and breathes their part! That's why they are so believable on screen!

Another thing that is so incredibly fake and contrived is the way so often the first sexual episode will involve them ripping their clothes of to get at each other. Oh please. How about some tenderness? Remember that? That's left the station long ago.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,214.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Homosexual sex in anything is an instant NOPE for me and I turn it off and never finish or watch it again
Yeah I think that's a given! Sort of like eating a nice meal then sticking your head in the toilet. Seeing homosexual "affection" is so instinctively repugnant for any sane person its hard to even discuss. There are few things in the world that are more revolting. But people in groups are so terrified of being viewed as not progressive and woke to the changing world even when the world changes in a direction we all know is wrong and decidedly unnatural.

I have no problem being around gay people if they aren't right out there. Many are billiant in their field, highly creative and talented, very focused on their career with more time to give to it because there are no children in their lives. Most are excellent conversationalists as well. As we ask is respect. Don't flood the conversation with it and we're just fine. Nobody would put up with a heterosexual bragging about his conquests all the time either.

Upvote 0