This is nuts, french woman declared dead by the state fights to be declared alive.

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,910.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Reactions: St_Worm2

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
‘They said I don’t exist. But I am here’: one woman’s battle to prove she isn’t dead

Hard to believe. Kafka would be proud. A woman is falsely declared dead in court so that someone can go after her next of kin instead, and the state refuses to rectify the error, or arrest those who lied in court to commit blatant criminal fraud.

It would be funny, if it did not invo0l e criminal activity! I guess the French do not recognize being alive!! Maybe somebody needs to declare The judge dead?

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,910.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Wow!! That's utterly unbelievable. I guess the guy in Ohio is still walking around dead, also.

God bless
Ted
Yep, looked it up hes still legally dead. Must make paying taxes interesting.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If she’s dead, can she be prosecuted for taking revenge on the perpetrators?

She has stone cold alibi.

"Couldn't have been me. I was dead at the time."

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,910.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It wouldn't be the first time.
Inevitably every election the dead vote. Ie. Postal/absentee voting and the voter dies before election day, not caught by checks. The systemic dead voting that the right alledges still waiting on evidence. It tends to be an individual crime, such as sons voting for their recently dead parents.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, that's just messed up.

I wonder what the outcome was for this guy?

In 2013, an Ohio judge ruled that Donald E Miller Jr would have to stay legally deceased, even though Miller was sitting in the courtroom to hear his fate, perfectly healthy. He had been declared dead in 1994 after having disappeared in 1986, owing thousands of dollars in unpaid child support. His ex-wife had requested Miller be declared dead so she would eligible for social security benefits. When Miller returned – he had been working out of state – he was told that Ohio cannot reverse death certificates after more than three years.

‘They said I don’t exist. But I am here’: one woman’s battle to prove she isn’t dead

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,910.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Wow, that's just messed up.

I wonder what the outcome was for this guy?

In 2013, an Ohio judge ruled that Donald E Miller Jr would have to stay legally deceased, even though Miller was sitting in the courtroom to hear his fate, perfectly healthy. He had been declared dead in 1994 after having disappeared in 1986, owing thousands of dollars in unpaid child support. His ex-wife had requested Miller be declared dead so she would eligible for social security benefits. When Miller returned – he had been working out of state – he was told that Ohio cannot reverse death certificates after more than three years.

He's still dead from everything I've read.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can he even vote in an election?
He was living out-of-state so I'm wondering why his employer/s didn't found out he was dead when they did a background check to verify he's a legal citizen? He should have been listed in the Social Security Death Data Base.
E-Verify...

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,910.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
He was living out-of-state so I'm wondering why his employer/s didn't found out he was dead when they did a background check to verify he's a legal citizen? He should have been listed in the Social Security Death Data Base.
E-Verify...
I can only assume that state wise he's dead, federallly? Maybe not.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith