Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Love doesn't have to mean endorsement. I can care about somebody without endorsing their character.

Me too!

Read the link in my signature and you will understand why I am voting for Trump.

• Winner
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Me too!

Read the link in my signature and you will understand why I am voting for Trump.

I read it. And I don't buy it. If you actually cared about character, you'ld do what Paul Vischer, the creator of Veggie Tales, recommends, simply don't vote, or vote for a third-party candidate. Because when you vote for somebody like Trump, despite his poor character, you are implying you endorse their character.

If you don't care about character of our leaders, but only political partisanship, then it's fair game to conclude that the moral posturings of Evangelicals in the past are nothing but politics, and the whole movement has been a sham, a spiritual Potemkin village from the start (which I believe to absolutely be the case).

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
He would probably end up running off his mouth and having a run-in on some Moscow street with a Chechen mobster with a Makarov.
That does seem to be one of his lifelong qualities, doesn't it?

He just doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read it. And I don't buy it. If you actually cared about character, you'ld do what Paul Vischer, the creator of Veggie Tales, recommends, simply don't vote, or vote for a third-party candidate. Because when you vote for somebody like Trump, despite his poor character, you are implying you endorse their character.

If you don't care about character of our leaders, but only political partisanship, then it's fair game to conclude that the moral posturings of Evangelicals in the past are nothing but politics, and the whole movement has been a sham, a spiritual Potemkin village from the start (which I believe to absolutely be the case).

Thank you for your opinion. I completely disagree.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This is just too easy at times.

How does a man get $413 million from his dad - when his dad's LIFETIME net worth was $200 million?
That's 500 million in todays dollars. Yes, the article even mentions the NYTimes fiction piece.

Gotta love truth more than hate the President. Fuzzy math doesn't cut it.

How many arguments are you going to engage in without understanding the terms you're using?

There is no such thing as a "lifetime net worth." Net worth calculates a snapshot in time. If, a week before this calculation was made, his net worth had been $1.2 billion, then he gave $1 billion to his son, his net worth would have been $200 million and he would've given $1b to Donald.

According to your article, Fred's net worth in 1982 was $200 million - that's after any gifts he'd already given to his children up to that point. But Fred lived for another 17 years and had yet to bequeath the entirety of his business empire.

Additionally, that $200 million figure in 1982 dollars. The NYT figure of $400 million was in 2018 dollars. $400 million in 2018 is equivalent to $153 million in 1982.

I have no idea if the NYT is correct in its calculations, but it certainly seems plausible and nothing in your post amounts to a rebuttal.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There's a few possibles.

The one most deserved, though least likely, is a suit that matches his hair colour, and an obligation to keep wearing it for the remainder of his natural life.

Most likely, he could stick around and serve as a budget Mosley / Lindbergh vainglorious rabble-rouser until the Filet-o-Fishes finish him off.

Or he may just bugger off somewhere that has both a Trump property and a lack of an extradition treaty with the US. I'd personally change enough of the security systems such that people needn't waste money on Secret Service protection, in that instance.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

ralfyman

Apr 12, 2019
Moonachie
✟22,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Obama took out Osama Bin Laden. Trump took out Baghdadi, head of ISIS. Is that warmongering? These terrorists were spreading false religion, death and destruction.

Continued what Bush did, and then added Libya plus the 2012 Asian pivot.

Obama is bullish on war, no matter how you spin it | Trevor Timm

And several of those terrorists groups were supported or formed with the help of the U.S., in a long history of funding and using armed groups and regimes worldwide:

FROM WOUNDED KNEE TO SYRIA – Zoltán Grossman

• Informative
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
(CNN)With 13 days left before Election Day, President Donald Trump remains a decided underdog to win a second term in office.

While Trump proved that anything is possible when he won the presidency four years ago, every sign this time -- polls, money, message -- indicates he is likely headed toward a defeat.
Which then raises an interesting question: What will Trump do next?
And by that, I don't mean will Trump concede defeat and hand over power to former Vice President Joe Biden gracefully. We know -- if you take Trump at his word -- he has no plans to do anything of the sort. He has already laid the groundwork to claim the election was "rigged" against him and to avoid ever actually admitting he lost.
What I mean is, what will Trump's next career move be? And I think I know the answer.

Continued here:

This could be Donald Trump's next job if he loses in November - CNNPolitics

OIP.NNBzzFlmVOMIFDGDlp1S2QAAAA

• Haha
Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Continued what Bush did, and then added Libya plus the 2012 Asian pivot.

Obama is bullish on war, no matter how you spin it | Trevor Timm

And several of those terrorists groups were supported or formed with the help of the U.S., in a long history of funding and using armed groups and regimes worldwide:

FROM WOUNDED KNEE TO SYRIA – Zoltán Grossman
It is easier to be at peace with those who are at peace with you than when they attack you or your allies. The war in Afghanistan began on 9/11/2001 under Bush. Obama took over operations in 2009 after the Great Recession had begun. In 2019 17 U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan with Trump in charge of operations. ISIS was defeated and disbanded.

If everyone refused to kill, war would be over. Jesus picked up his cross and was crucified rather than go to war against the Sanhedrin and Roman army. His victory was in resurrection.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let’s take a journey down this hypothetical road.

The man was the CEO of 350 separate corporations before running for President.

He made his billions in land development and real estate.

But the good folks at CNN think he got his money from a televisions show and products using his branding.

let’s also say, for the very FIRST time in four and a half years they are right on Trump being leveraged at 400,000,000. On a NET worth of 2,500,000,000 dollars or a debt load of 16%.

Let’s make it more understandable

it is equivalent or a person making 25,000 a year and holding a total debt load of 4,000.00.

CNN always delivers a good laugh. I’d venture to say when the day comes, he will go back to doing what he has been doing for the last 45 years. Making money in real estate.

You can easily find out how such a superficial assessment is full of holes. All of the evidence available makes it clear that Trump ltd was going down the tubes when the TV show came along. It’s one of the few things he didn’t lose money on. Trump made some good real estate deals early on, and those few buildings prop up his wealth. The apprentice was a big earner, but whenever he has actually managed the operation of businesses he has consistently lost money and has needed to be bailed out by family and ever more reluctant banks numerous times. The image he likes to project has little basis in reality.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(CNN)With 13 days left before Election Day, President Donald Trump remains a decided underdog to win a second term in office.

While Trump proved that anything is possible when he won the presidency four years ago, every sign this time -- polls, money, message -- indicates he is likely headed toward a defeat.
And by that, I don't mean will Trump concede defeat and hand over power to former Vice President Joe Biden gracefully. We know -- if you take Trump at his word -- he has no plans to do anything of the sort. He has already laid the groundwork to claim the election was "rigged" against him and to avoid ever actually admitting he lost.
What I mean is, what will Trump's next career move be? And I think I know the answer.

Continued here:

Actually that’s pretty insightful I think. Stupid radio would seem like a natural step for Donald, a place to rehash all his various grievances and conspiracy theories over and over with no-one to ask him ‘nasty’ questions or point out when he is making things up. A great way to accelerate division and violence in the US.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Actually that’s pretty insightful I think. Stupid radio would seem like a natural step for Donald, a place to rehash all his various grievances and conspiracy theories over and over with no-one to ask him ‘nasty lies questions or point out when he is making things up. A great way to accelerate division and violence in the US.
Can he be a TV or radio personality from prison?

I would think the SDNY and the New York Attorney Generals may have something to say about what sort of "job" trump has after he leaves office.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Continued here:

It's a somewhat interesting opinion piece that, I believe, reveals the thought process of the company the man works for. It completely ignores the decades of history behind Mr. Trump's career (including running 350 corporations both domestically and internationally).

He does a good job in promoting the political propaganda narrative, but substance is not his strong point.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's a somewhat interesting opinion piece that, I believe, reveals the thought process of the company the man works for. It completely ignores the decades of history behind Mr. Trump's career (including running 350 corporations both domestically and internationally).

He does a good job in promoting the political propaganda narrative, but substance is not his strong point.
"350 corporations" is as much a mark of failure (and deceit) as success.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Agreed. That is a Trump strength.

Quote mining is not a good gotcha come back.

Upvote 0