• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

This could be Donald Trump's next job if he loses in November

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by mnorian, Oct 21, 2020.

1. mnorian

mnorian Oldbie--Eternal Optimist Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+8,988
    Christian
    Married
    (CNN)With 13 days left before Election Day, President Donald Trump remains a decided underdog to win a second term in office.

While Trump proved that anything is possible when he won the presidency four years ago, every sign this time -- polls, money, message -- indicates he is likely headed toward a defeat.
    Which then raises an interesting question: What will Trump do next?
    And by that, I don't mean will Trump concede defeat and hand over power to former Vice President Joe Biden gracefully. We know -- if you take Trump at his word -- he has no plans to do anything of the sort. He has already laid the groundwork to claim the election was "rigged" against him and to avoid ever actually admitting he lost.
    What I mean is, what will Trump's next career move be? And I think I know the answer.

Continued here:

This could be Donald Trump's next job if he loses in November - CNNPolitics

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,579
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Trump's going to win again. The media as well as others were shocked last time. It's going to be even better this time.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,675
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Hair dresser.

4. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+4,782
    Christian
    Married
    Defendant?

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,425
    Christian
    Single
    This mess about Trump trying to hold on to the presidency if he loses is ridiculous, and it always has been.

What exactly did he say to bring that on, anything? Or was is just a bunch of leftwing spin that put that in the spotlight?

6. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+9,038
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Let’s take a journey down this hypothetical road.

The man was the CEO of 350 separate corporations before running for President.

He made his billions in land development and real estate.

But the good folks at CNN think he got his money from a televisions show and products using his branding.

let’s also say, for the very FIRST time in four and a half years they are right on Trump being leveraged at 400,000,000. On a NET worth of 2,500,000,000 dollars or a debt load of 16%.

Let’s make it more understandable

it is equivalent or a person making 25,000 a year and holding a total debt load of 4,000.00.

CNN always delivers a good laugh. I’d venture to say when the day comes, he will go back to doing what he has been doing for the last 45 years. Making money in real estate.

7. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+16,828
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Making license plates?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. MIDutch

MIDutch Well-Known Member

+2,284
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    Russian Oligarch?

(no extradition treaty with the United States)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+17,125
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Shoe shine boy for President Putin.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  10. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 this statement is not true Supporter

+12,717
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Roommate with Snowden.

11. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+7,062
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    sorry.

Has he ever said that he will respect the outcome of the election?

Has he stated that he would commit to a peaceful transition of power?

I'll admit I can't keep track of what he says since he lies and contradicts himself all the time. But the last I heard those two were his going outlook.

12. Kenny'sID

+6,425
    Christian
    Single
    Now that is just funny.

He hasn't said a lot of things...means nothing

13. Gene2memE

Gene2memE Newbie

+3,694
    Atheist
    Private
    Well, there's been his multiple, repeated refusals to commit to a peaceful transition of power when directly asked about it. In 2019 and 2020. (EDIT: Oh, and I forget his refusal to commit to accepting the results of the election if he lost in 2016)

His "jokes" about being "owed" a second or third term. His "jokes" about negotiating a third term. His "jokes" about being "entitled" to another term.

His constant pooh poohing of the US democratic process, including labeling standard voting practices like early and mail in voting as "fraud", which will "steal" the election from him.

You know, those sorts of things.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Kenny'sID

+6,425
    Christian
    Single
    Show me where he refused to leave the presidency, please.

15. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+1,229
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Trump TV was in the works shortly before or right after he won in 2016. It was abandoned.

16. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+3,048
    Methodist
    When the dust finally settles Trump, Gullianni and the inner circle should have their passports revoked pending the litany of legal cases that have been pending over the past 4 years!

Some enterprising entrepreneurs should introduce the "All Things Trump Channel" - 24 hour coverage of all legal proceedings, late night satires, financial investigations, bankruptcy hearings, etc

There could be regular guest appearances by former and currently unemployed FOXNEWS personalities along with other prominent members of the President's Administration to demonstrate belated acts of penance and contrition!

17. ralfyman

ralfyman Member

+80
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    It depends on how much protection he gets from other politicians. The problem is that he has always maintained that he's a businessman, which means he will face difficulties in contrast to Obama, Bush, and others who engaged in similar or worse, such as warmongering.

18. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+3,048
    Methodist
    Trump has assumed the unconstitutional position of judge and jury when it comes to deciding as to the legitimacy of the 2020 Election should he not be re-elected - he has repeatedly commented that the only conceivable reason for not winning would be that the electoral system was "rigged"against him!

" Rigged" and mail-in ballots appear to interchangeable in "TrumpWorld," despite the fact that he, his family and most of his Administration's leadership residing in Washington will be resorting to the mails to send their ballots back to their respective jurisdictions!

Despite Trump's reassurances to the contrary, Americans testing positive for COVID-19 are approaching record levels in many states, leaving mail-in ballots as the only safe alternative for most voters - especially those with pre-existing conditions!

Given that this President has already signaled that he may refuse to accept the outcome of the 2020 Election based on mail-in ballots alone, it would then be totally out of character for Trump to leave the White House without extracting multiple concessions - or until such a time that he is willing to leave on his own terns!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,611
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Obama took out Osama Bin Laden. Trump took out Baghdadi, head of ISIS. Is that warmongering? These terrorists were spreading false religion, death and destruction.

20. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,869
    Christian
    Married
    I love it that you're holding on to the end ...