Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the way - I am not called to teach end times - I just have a few questions and comments.

There is more confusion in this area than any other and I don't want to add to it.

If folks learned only to deliver what the Lord inspired there would be perfect agreement.

I conclude then that 80%+ of the offerings on end times, are just man or worse.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is the idea of a third temple in modern Jerusalem really a way to get money from American Evangelical Christians?

not sure, but it may be God's divine way to bring in the elect before his coming. Not sure about the Abomination of desolation either, could be the European Roman Empire, Iraq's Babylon, maybe Saudi Arabia.

Whatever it is, i don't want to take its mark. Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ has sealed us in our forehead's, we know he's with us and will never foresake us and never leave us comfortless in our times of need.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Oaktree125

Aug 28, 2020
frederick
✟14,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
By the way - I am not called to teach end times - I just have a few questions and comments.

There is more confusion in this area than any other and I don't want to add to it.

If folks learned only to deliver what the Lord inspired there would be perfect agreement.

I conclude then that 80%+ of the offerings on end times, are just man or worse.
If but to add my two cents, Jesus said that not one stone would sit on top of another. That the 1st and 2nd temples were destroyed is evidence that NO temple will survive, and by happenstance removing all the stones exposes the foundation. I dont think it wise to install anything on the surface of the foundation but expressions of faith alone. Faith is the only temple that cannot be removed by armies and swords. Far better that we prepare it for what God Himself builds rather than anything hewn by us. But if you are going to hew then all the humanities are better media for our expression than stone, which is fixed.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Does this mean Christians should finance it?
Christians can and do fund whatever they feel lead to fund...

It's not up to me to tell them otherwise.

We are to pray for Christ's return.. What' wrong with funding the temple that must be here for the events to take place?

I believe in the third temple, pre trib rapture and the millenial kingdom of Christ.

If you believe differently that's fine.. Just don't go stating that you know future events and facts like you have some super knowledge of the scripture...

Many theologians that have far more knowledge than you and I... debate these things..

Who am I then.. or you.. to state things as absolutes?

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
not sure, but it may be God's divine way to bring in the elect before his coming. Not sure about the Abomination of desolation either, could be the European Roman Empire, Iraq's Babylon, maybe Saudi Arabia.

Whatever it is, i don't want to take its mark. Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ has sealed us in our forehead's, we know he's with us and will never foresake us and never leave us comfortless in our times of need.

God Bless
If your a Christian you will not take the mark. I believe we will all be gone in the rapture.. If not and any Christians around when the mark is demanded... You will not be doing so out of ignorance.

Nobody is going to be tricked... They are not going to say "what? I got the mark?"...

Two things must happen..

1/ You must take the mark
2/ you must worship the name of the beast.

It is only those that do both things that cannot ever be saved...

Christ promised us that when we are saved nobody will snatch us from His grasp... this includes taking the mark.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians can and do fund whatever they feel lead to fund...

It's not up to me to tell them otherwise.

We are to pray for Christ's return.. What' wrong with funding the temple that must be here for the events to take place?

I believe in the third temple, pre trib rapture and the millenial kingdom of Christ.

If you believe differently that's fine.. Just don't go stating that you know future events and facts like you have some super knowledge of the scripture...

Many theologians that have far more knowledge than you and I... debate these things..

Who am I then.. or you.. to state things as absolutes?

I didn't tell anyone to do anything... it was a question.

I have expressed very clearly that end times is not my calling.

I cant see why you have reacted so strongly to my offerings on the subject.

I do not claim knowledge of future end time events.

I do question why believers redeemed by the sacrifice of the Lamb of God would support an animal sacrifice system that attempts to take the place of what Jesus did for all mankind.

Maybe I am wrong - I am here to learn

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The big kahuna of the 3rd temple, biblically (and spiritually) speaking, is the teaching out of Zion. Ezekiel’s temple is not overlaid with gold, which seems to indicate that God is not covering it. But should it be built there is enough evidence that the Dome of the Rock is on the court of the gentiles, so building within the city of David is still possible.
Those supporting financially have mixed the criteria of praying for peace with the hopes of gaining monetary value when the salt lakes unload their wealth when the mountains are flattened. Or somethin’ like that.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not the church and it can be shown this transition is when the lORD comes with his saints, Zech 14..

All attempts to separate the Church from faithful Israel fall apart on the Day of Pentecost when Peter addressed the crowd as "all the house of Israel" and about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Paul reveals two different groups of Israelites in Romans 11:1-5, and he was a part of the "remnant" in verse five.

James addressed his letter to "the twelve tribes", who were his "brethren" in the "faith" in James 1:1-3.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is another temple going to be built which the Antichrist will desecrate? Yes or no.

The true temple of God is now the Church, which is found in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

You are referring to Revelation 2:9, and Revelation 3:9, and Revelation 11:8.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is going to be a temple built which the abomination of desolation will take place, stopping the daily sacrifice, Daniel 12:11. And to have the daily sacrifice, there has to be a temple.

You are ignoring John 10:22, once again.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The true temple of God is now the Church, which is found in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

You are referring to Revelation 2:9, and Revelation 3:9, and Revelation 11:8.

Is that a "yes" or "no" from you?

Is another temple going to be built which the Antichrist will desecrate? Yes or no.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Not one single scripture, old testament or new, states that antichrist desecrates any temple.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How can an Antichrist desecrate a man-made stone temple in the earthly Jerusalem described in Revelation 11:8.

An Antichrist would have to appear in the Church of Jesus Christ and declare himself to be God, to fulfill your interpretation of scripture.
All of the Reformers believed it to be the Papacy, for this same reason.
However, Rome is not the "great city" found in Revelation 11:8.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I didn't tell anyone to do anything... it was a question.

I have expressed very clearly that end times is not my calling.

I cant see why you have reacted so strongly to my offerings on the subject.

I do not claim knowledge of future end time events.

I do question why believers redeemed by the sacrifice of the Lamb of God would support an animal sacrifice system that attempts to take the place of what Jesus did for all mankind.

Maybe I am wrong - I am here to learn
Sorry, wasn't claiming that you did any of that.. I'm just stating that "collectively" we can support whatever we want. There should be no one questioning "should we support the Temple".

Didn't mean to make you feel like I was targeting you.

Just stating my view.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I m saying is that there will be another Temple built in the near future and that video didn't say a single thing to contradict it. In fact, they said several times that the Jews 'might' build one. Truth is, they will build one.

Based on 1 John 2:22-23, and 2 John 1:7-11, and Revelation 2:9, and Revelation 3:9, and Revelation 11:8, modern Orthodox Jews may put up a building, but it will never be the temple of God.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you political control....or what kind of control do you mean?

Well if the orthodox build a temple to serve Judaism, it would not be established by God.

It may be allowed to happen so the end time drama, the mark etc. can play out.

I am no expert - just personal musings.

Frankly I have thought for years that the Antichrist is Islam which is already on the high place.

So if this is correct - at some time after the 3rd temple is built a Muslim leader will wander down to the temple and take up residence there...

This will be a sign to flee to the hills.

But I could be totally wrong - my focus is on doing His will in my small corner.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.