United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
True Christian History
The original Christians were killed off by the Pagan Christians, who in turn changed scriptures and proclaimed to be the true Christians.

Enoch

90:4 and as for me I looked and lamented in my sleep over that shepherd (Christ) who pastured the sheep. And I saw until those sheep were devoured by the dogs and eagles and kites, and they left neither flesh nor skin nor sinew remaining on them till only their bones stood there: and their bones too fell
90:5 to the earth and the sheep became few.

Reactions: Dreger

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Christians were hard pressed by Judaism, Pagans, and Gnostic's. Each one wanting to destroy or control Christianity.

2 Corinthians 4:8
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Lost Sheep

Isaiah 53:6

We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Psalm 119:176

I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands.

Jeremiah 50:6

My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place.

Matthew 10:6

Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.

Matthew 15:24

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

John 10:16

I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Acts 15

11 We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

12 The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them. 13 When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. 14 Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:

16 “‘After this I will return
and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
17 that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,

says the Lord, who does these things’
18 things known from long ago.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
What was in the original bible scriptures is known today, but that information is suppressed.

After 2,000 year of historical research into the 'original bible', not one single clear example of a significant change has been shown.

You say that information is suppressed. Well that's fine.... but until you prove the claim, it remains an unsupportable claim.

Anyone can say "The CIA has satellites that cause Earthquakes, but the information is suppressed"

Until you show me something that I can then look at, and evaluate, it's just another "Everything you know is wrong, but I can't prove it".

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
After 2,000 year of historical research into the 'original bible', not one single clear example of a significant change has been shown.

You say that information is suppressed. Well that's fine.... but until you prove the claim, it remains an unsupportable claim.

Anyone can say "The CIA has satellites that cause Earthquakes, but the information is suppressed"

Until you show me something that I can then look at, and evaluate, it's just another "Everything you know is wrong, but I can't prove it".

It is amazing that there is so much foolishness in the Christianity community. Christians who do not really know their bible often teach a multitude of errors.
You must not have a study bible with foot notes, or access to the original text.
Christians, get off your lazy ____ and study more in-depth.

NIV Study Bible with foot notes: Bible Gateway passage: 1 John 5 - New International Version

Old Testament: Online Hebrew Interlinear Bible
New Testament: Online Greek Interlinear Bible

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True Christian History
The original Christians were killed off by the Pagan Christians, who in turn changed scriptures and proclaimed to be the true Christians.

Give an example of a change in NT scripture ...

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True Christian History

Enoch

90:4 and as for me I looked and lamented in my sleep over that shepherd (Christ) who pastured the sheep. And I saw until those sheep were devoured by the dogs and eagles and kites, and they left neither flesh nor skin nor sinew remaining on them till only their bones stood there: and their bones too fell
90:5 to the earth and the sheep became few.

Wonderfully though, there is Someone Who can do something pretty amazing with bones which fell on the ground. (just below this from Ezekiel ch 37)

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have Christians who say they never heard of the Inquisition.

Inquisition
An ecclesiastical tribunal established by Pope Gregory IX c. 1232 for the suppression of heresy. It was active chiefly in northern Italy and southern France, becoming notorious for the use of torture. In 1542 the papal Inquisition was re-established to combat Protestantism, eventually becoming an organ of papal government.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Pope Gregory and Paganism.

The attitude of the Catholic Church toward paganism is best summed up by Pope Gregory the Great, in his words to a missionary: “You must not interfere with any traditional belief or religious observance that can be harmonized with Christianity.”

Not only were the Congregations divided by Gnosticism, but enticed by philosophy and paganism also, and there were geographic divisions as well.

Pope Gregory 540 – 12 March 604.

What were the Pagan beliefs harmonized with Christianity? The answer can be found by comparing Orthodox Judaism to Paganism.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read the foot notes

NIV Study Bible with foot notes: Bible Gateway passage: 1 John 5 - New International Version

Yes ... the Johannine Comma is not found in the earliest manuscripts. For that matter, neither is the last half of Mark, chapter 16. But these possible scribal additions do not change the overall christian belief system.

These two examples represent some (16) possibly added verses ... to the nearly 8,000 verses in the New Testament. The additions do not add any new ideas, except perhaps sparking the the snake-grabbing practice of some Pentecostal groups ...

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What was in the original bible scriptures is known today, but that information is suppressed.
The modern Biblical texts have the only known information. There is no secret hidden information somewhere known only to the "elite".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The modern Biblical texts have the only known information. There is no secret hidden information somewhere known only to the "elite".

Yes ... the Johannine Comma is not found in the earliest manuscripts. For that matter, neither is the last half of Mark, chapter 16. But these possible scribal additions do not change the overall christian belief system.

These two examples represent some (16) possibly added verses ... to the nearly 8,000 verses in the New Testament. The additions do not add any new ideas, except perhaps sparking the the snake-grabbing practice of some Pentecostal groups ...

Are you guys playing stupid with me?

Footnotes:
  1. 1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you guys playing stupid with me?

Footnotes:
  1. 1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

What you've demonstrated, to this point, is already KNOWN.

And these portions of Scripture only reinforce other accepted Scripture.

Re ...

Matthew 28:18-19

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

How about the addition of 2-1/2 years to the
ministry of Yeshua? From the time he was baptised
to his crucifixion was about one year, not 3-1/2.

Exodus 12:5

Someone crammed several extra feasts into the
gospels to fill time.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about the addition of 2-1/2 years to the
ministry of Yeshua? From the time he was baptised
to his crucifixion was about one year, not 3-1/2.

Exodus 12:5

Someone crammed several extra feasts into the
gospels to fill time.

What evidence do you have for that ?

And how does the length of Jesus' earthly ministry affect His message ?

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What you've demonstrated, to this point, is already KNOWN.

And these portions of Scripture only reinforce other accepted Scripture.

Re ...

Matthew 28:18-19

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
OK, so you are not pretending. Have a nice day.

Upvote 0