1/ The USA.
2/ Australia & New Zealand.
3/ Canada

;)

I think you'll find Doctor Who should be at number one. Just sayin'. :D

Reactions: Psudopod
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ah. Nice dodge.

What exactly did I dodge? You stole my idea.

Well, you're out of luck, because my plan is to do absolutely nothing. (As if there was anything I could do about it anyway.)

As I said, you stole my idea.

YOU voted for this charlatan, YOU get to enjoy the results along with the rest of us. And when the country goes to hell in a handbasket, I'm going to be right there to say, "I told you so. Happy now?" ;)

So, you whine about the problem even though you never had a solution or the will to implement one if you did.

You just want the country to go to hell in a handbasket so that you can gloat about it later -- did it ever occur to you that you're part of the problem?

Like the man said, Americans get the government they deserve: the one they continue to vote for.

guess what -- you get it too.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's always somebody else's fault, isn't it?

Yeah, Bush's fault.
Does it not seem appropriate that the electorate votes for the person that seems to best exemplify their own personality traits, prejudices and morality? So we do indeed get the government we deserve.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I am a democrat, I voted Obama, I don't think that way, and I don't know anyone who does.

I vote democratic for social reasons mostly.
I second this. I've been working, sometimes two/three jobs, since I was about 16. And I worked most of the time I was in college and paid for a lot of my tuition myself.

The handout thing is flat out wrong. I'd a bit sad people actually believe stuff like that.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
So, what do you suggest we do to rectify the situation and bring the Feddle Gummint back into line?

I can only think of two things that might do it....armed rebellion followed by popular revolution, or complete economic collapse followed by a military coup. Nothing else would have enough momentum to get the job done.

Enlighten me, O Sage. And don't tell me "we'll change it by voting". You know fully well we change absolutely nothing in the Feddle Gummint by means of voting.
Whatever we do, prayer should be an integral part of it.
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I second this. I've been working, sometimes two/three jobs, since I was about 16. And I worked most of the time I was in college and paid for a lot of my tuition myself.

The handout thing is flat out wrong. I'd a bit sad people actually believe stuff like that.
They have to believe it. Nobody looks in the mirror and wants to see a selfish person looking back at them. So they have to convince themselves that the poor deserve to be poor because they are lazy or trying to scam the system.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
47% paid zero federal income tax last year. ZE-RO.

They paid other taxes, and also made much less money then others. They pay a much larger portion of their income in state taxes, local taxes, and payroll tax.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
They paid other taxes, and also made much less money then others. They pay a much larger portion of their income in state taxes, local taxes, and payroll tax.

Yeah, I know that. But, we are in trouble with that kind of ration of paying to non-paying. Hence, we need to focus on jobs first and foremost. Government, both sides, needs to get serious about getting people working. PRIORITY ONE. We solve that issue, and many other issues melt away.

Reagan understood that and did something about it. Bill Clinton understood that and did something about it. Everyone from Carter to Obama didn't understand and/or didn't do anything about it. We can't wait 4 more years, so Obama is going to have to get it and do something to get Americans back to work.

In the words of JFK, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"

Get involved. Learn. Fight (for the common good). Write your Senators and Congressmen with ideas and suggestions. It can't hurt, and you just might help save the United States of America.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psudopod
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's solid advice. The first thing is to write them about compromise. Conservatives are going to have to accept freezes or cuts on the military. Democrats are going to have to accept closing loopholes instead of tax hikes for the wealthy.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
That's solid advice. The first thing is to write them about compromise. Conservatives are going to have to accept freezes or cuts on the military. Democrats are going to have to accept closing loopholes instead of tax hikes for the wealthy.

Yes, all will have to come to the table and reach a compromise.

Glad you are involved and engaged enough to know the issues and fight for them. Regardless of our different perspectives on some issues, you are a great American!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cjwinnit

Advocatus Diaboli (Retired)
Jun 28, 2004
England.
✟18,928.00
Faith
Anglican
In the words of JFK, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"

Your country is no longer about that - a large part of your country voted because they thought the Government should look after them. I hope I'm wrong but...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your country is no longer about that - a large part of your country voted because they thought the Government should look after them. I hope I'm wrong but...
If you look at the demographics, 52% of the people who voted for Obama were from families earning $50,000 or more. In other words most people voting for Obama were voting for the Government to look after, not themselves, but people a lot worse off than they were.

You also have to try to step outside your own views about Obama and Romney and consider how Obama voters saw them. They didn't vote against the Romney of Republican perceptions, but against the Romney of Bain Capital who grew rich shutting companies down, stripping their assets and leaving the worker unemployed, a Romney who hardly paid any tax but wanted to cut taxes for himself and his rich buddies even further. Instead they voted for a man who could represent them, who was concerned about them and their problems, rather than a man who dismissed 47% of the population.

You may consider all these impression of Romney and Obama completely wrong, but if you want to understand why people voted for Obama you have to look at how they saw the two candidates.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
- There's no denying it. Things are looking bleak.
- Democracy is dead, idiots liberals killed it.
- I feel so depressed. Not for myself.
- Yep. I was depressed but now I am very angry and bitter
- we won't be able to print cash and make loans to fund the amount of stimulus to save us next time around
- the ideals of the American revolution have pretty much died out now. It's been coming for a long time now, but it's finally here.
- All through history - when the people of faith are driven out - God brings out the wrath sooner or later and we are in for a ride
- The only difference is that it's our own Federal government that's King George.
- ....armed rebellion followed by popular revolution, or complete economic collapse followed by a military coup. Nothing else would have enough momentum to get the job done.
- watching FOX this morning and I know why people think It's the end of the world. They are so bitter they changed the whole news program into a "oh noes Obama...". Nearly every story was linked to Obama badness.
- YOU voted for this charlatan, YOU get to enjoy the results along with the rest of us. And when the country goes to hell in a handbasket, I'm going to be right there to say, "I told you so. Happy now?"

- My fellow Romney voters need to get a grip. This is getting rather pitiful.
- what a bunch of drama queens, right? I'm half expecting an epidemic of Hara-Kiri to break out among our friends on the Right.

What is there about the Republicans/GOP that attracts so many with the same character flaws?

Last edited:
Upvote 0