Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not to mention not everyone is the same. Case in point, Vis knows about the Myers Briggs testing and personality types.

I am an INFJ,, she is an INTP we are supposed to be the golden pair :)

The letters mean for those not familiar

I = Introverted
N= Intuitive
F = Feeling
J = Judging
T - Thinking
P = Perceiving

Einstein was an INTP, Gandhi was an INFJ another who was an INFJ was Baruch Spinoza whom Einstein said How much do I love [Spinoza] ... more than I could tell with words."

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Re: the personality types test.

I heard they tried to apply that system to Russians and certain other non-European groups.. and they broke it. Or, they weren't able to make the test work the way they wanted, or something.

Europeans and Americans often come up with "tests" which in the end turn out to be so culturally specific as to not apply in other cultural areas of the world. I'm told the Japanese test for AI, to determine whether it equates to human intelligence, is different from the British Turing test. So even the idea of what equates to, or what is, human intelligence, is culturally determined or culturally variable.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I'm sure in some cases the culture you grow up in has it's influence. Also that some in certain countries might be afraid (ingrained in them) to answer certain questions truthfully.

I was mainly focusing on the intuition part as that is what the 'N' is in relationship to.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I think God is still talking to us.

Wife Gets a Feeling Her Husband’s In Danger Only to Rush Home & Find Out She Couldn’t Be More Right

Do we act on our "feelings"? and if we do not, are we disobedient?

I'm INFJ as well, btw. :D

By acting on our "feelings," I'm assuming you are really referring to our "gut feelings" or "intuition." This is not something coming from God, but is a natural part of our temperament (or not). Therefore there is no direct disobedience. However, you might say that for those gifted with intuition, we would not be using our God given talents.

I think it is important to recognize that not everyone has a well developed sense of intuition. It is as wrong to tell someone not so gifted in intuition to obey that sense as it is to tell someone tone deaf to quit their job and pursue a career as a singer.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic

By acting on our "feelings," I'm assuming you are really referring to our "gut feelings" or "intuition." This is not something coming from God, but is a natural part of our temperament (or not). Therefore there is no direct disobedience. However, you might say that for those gifted with intuition, we would not be using our God given talents.

I think it is important to recognize that not everyone has a well developed sense of intuition. It is as wrong to tell someone not so gifted in intuition to obey that sense as it is to tell someone tone deaf to quit their job and pursue a career as a singer.
I agree that "feelings" does bring up the human intuition, but we can not totally discount it, because we are also wired to be sensitive to His calling. Just because a person calls it intuition doesn't necessarily mean that it is just a human instinct. Just because a person doesn't give God the glory until afterwards when it is true doesn't mean that God wasn't involved from the beginning. I don't know how to tell them apart if I get those feelings, but I have to decide whether to follow through or not.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

you don't say? We are a rare breed, no? ;)

I agree if we are not using this 'gift' it would be wrong. I know personally being introverted doesn't help, when you know you know the best for someone and they look at you like you are crazy it is hard to try and help.

This happened to me long ago and while praying I opened my bible and I don't think it was coincidence to open to Ezekiel 3:16-21.

So I have had to accept the fact that I am not like 99% of the people in the world and get past it and do as I feel I must.

Upvote 0

sevengreenbeans

Remember Yosef
Oct 4, 2012
New Mexico
✟16,597.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
you don't say? We are a rare breed, no? ;)

So I have had to accept the fact that I am not like 99% of the people in the world and get past it and do as I feel I must.

^_^ I also tested "INFJ" in a college career development class. Less than 1% of the global population has such a personality type, so I smile to see that there are so many gathering here!! Hmmm....:cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A very related subject to this is Deja Vu. My mother had this in a very strong and detailed way as a young woman. She eventually started using it as a basis for prayers. (either for or against what she saw)

I don't think that it had anything to do with personality types.

Back in the 1970s one of the leaders in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal group was asked about this. I do not remember which one it was; Ralph Martin, Steve Clark, or Kevin Ranaghan. But this person theorized that it was a by-product of us being eternal beings by nature and occasionally seeing beyond the time barrier. IMO the whole "intuition" thing can be explained the same way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
A very related subject to this is Deja Vu. My mother had this in a very strong and detailed way as a young woman. She eventually started using it as a basis for prayers. (either for or against what she saw)

I don't think that it had anything to do with personality types.

Back in the 1970s one of the leaders in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal group was asked about this. I do not remember which one it was; Ralph Martin, Steve Clark, or Kevin Ranaghan. But this person theorized that it was a by-product of us being eternal beings by nature and occasionally seeing beyond the time barrier. IMO the whole "intuition" thing can be explained the same way.
I have had my share of Deja Vu experiences. But I can tell you intuition is different. Deja Vu usually is accompanied by visuals and could be for innocent events to important ones, where as intuition is a strong "feeling" that something isn't right.

Upvote 0

YESLORDIWILL

Have you not read? 1Sa 20-22, Ps 52
Oct 12, 2012
✟11,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not to mention not everyone is the same. Case in point, Vis knows about the Myers Briggs testing and personality types.

I am an INFJ,, she is an INTP we are supposed to be the golden pair :)

Fun test, took it here

I learned that I am ENFP, but I only had a slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)

I've found over the past couple years I can't always trust my instinctive feelings and have learned to depend more on my conscious reasoning.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have had my share of Deja Vu experiences. But I can tell you intuition is different. Deja Vu usually is accompanied by visuals and could be for innocent events to important ones, where as intuition is a strong "feeling" that something isn't right.
I have experienced both as well.

To me they may be different in manifestation; but the same at the source. That is why I call them related.

Upvote 0