There is only one Christain person my age that I know

Exeffer

Mar 11, 2013
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys, I just switched to Online school (long story but I switched due to stress from my old school which in turn saved my life and brought me to Christ 8 months ago) after recently being saved, and well I have only met one Christain my age and well.. It's a girl. So that brings me to my problem, I am absolutely terrified of being in another romantic relationship (after my last one nearly a year ago I attempted suicide multiple times), and I'm afraid it would be really awkward if I talked to her. We are both performers, I am an actor and she is a singer, so I feel like we would be able to be really good friends! I'm not sure what to do, and Ive been praying but I am afraid of doing something against God's will. Any advice would be appreciated :) thanks!

Gath

Jan 20, 2012
United States
✟7,838.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Make your boundaries known. There's a huge difference between having a friend of the opposite gender and being in a romantic relationship. Now, I'm not saying that you should tell her you don't want to date the first time you talk to her-that could be viewed poorly. However, if it seems like the situation could develop into a more romantic one, tell her that you aren't interested.

To make a long story short, just try to be friends with her. Chances are, it won't lead anywhere else. If it does head in a direction that makes you uncomfortable, let her know.

Upvote 0